Killarney Travel Answers

change location

transport from Killarney to Dingle

by amytree Online Now Feb 15, 2011 at 6:30 AM

We will be visiting in May and would like to kwow if there is any transport from Killarney to Dingle besides the daily bus or renting a car(not a good option) We would like to take the bus tour of the Ring of Kerry one day, and then get over to Dingle later on that day if at all possible.
Any ideas?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • tony2phones's Profile Photo

Re: transport from Killarney to Dingle

by tony2phones Online Now Feb 16, 2011 at 8:36 AM

There is really only Bus Eireann serving Dingle or hire a car (Budget have an office in Killarney) I have to admit that Dingle would not be on my favourites list especially without the use of a car. The Slea Head and Connor Pass are well worth seeing but need a car.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • poppy6488's Profile Photo

Re: transport from Killarney to Dingle

by poppy6488 Online Now Mar 10, 2011 at 10:59 AM

Ring of Kerry tour will take up much of the day, and very worthwhile.
    There are mini bus tours from Killarney to Dingle which can be booked from the agent on the main street, or can be pre-booked for you, by your accommodation.
    Dingle is a must! As mentioned, to continue through the town and do the whole Slea Head tour really is the best part. Ask if this is available. Folk are very obliging...
    The scenery on the drive there is stunning. You will pass Inch strand, which is about five miles long(!) and world known for surf fishing, many international competions are held there :-) It is a bustling working fishing town, with good eateries. Don't be hesitant about entering a pub for food or coffee. It is common here to just call in there even if you don't want any alcohol, the atmosphere migh teven be more relaxed than a cafe.

I digress, sorry!!
    It would be a shame to rush through Dingle, on the same day as the other tour. Your eyes just won't be able to take it all in! I suggest a day given to each trip...or better still, stay a night in Dingle.
    Have a wonderful time in Kerry.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines