Kilkenny

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Charlie's Bar

Cork Yesterday

I visited Charlie's Bar back in the early 80's. I would like to go back there if it is still open. I'm from Texas and hope to make a trip to Ireland in 2015. A visit to Cork is in my plans. Who can tell me about Charlie's Bar?

more
    • Mikhail_Shutov's Profile Photo

Where to go at night (particularly interested in Christmas night)

Dublin Dec 9, 2014 at 2:47 AM

We (me and my wife) are going to visit Dublin from 21st of December to 28th of December. We don't know where to go at Christmas Eve and at Christmas. We want to go to some pub os something alike and celebrate with other people to feel the Spirit of Christmas.
      We are not Irish :)

more
    • Great place to settle in Ireland for a few years with 3 preschool toddlers

Ireland Dec 12, 2014 at 9:35 AM

We're traveling to Ireland for one to three years and want to set up in a small kid friendly town or quiet neighborhood of a city. We're partial to beaches over mountains, but with three kids we work from home (slow internet is fine) and stay close to home. So things like nightlife, restaurants, etc are all nice to have, but really not part of our equation. We'd trade a more kid friendly spot for one single adults might desire.

As for the neighborhood, I think many of us have a common vision of an idyllic child-friendly town or neighborhood. It would have people of all ages, and be as diverse as possible in Ireland. It would not be too crowded, nor too spread out. It would be a nice place to take a walk or ride a bike. It would be fine to drive to the grocery store once a week, ideally one with healthy, even organic food available.

As for further socializing the kids we would rent a home close to a nearby preschool. We have two boys and a girl, and would want them to all be able to attend the same school - with little drive time, if any. We are only talking preschool and kindergarten at this point. We want open minded and progressive, but not so open minded that one's brains fall out. We'd rather religion not play a big role in the school, but are not afraid of that as long as no one is too rigid. We like a school in a natural setting so the kids are in nature when possible, and a style that leans montessori as opposed to a teacher up front with a ruler...

Hope this helps bring some places to mind. Thanks in advance.

more
    • Planning the first trip

Ireland Dec 7, 2014 at 10:55 AM

My wife, teenage son and myself are planning a trip to Ireland for June of 2015. This will be our first trip to Ireland, and we're looking for any advice that would help us not make the usual mistakes common for first-time visitors.

Our basic itinerary, as things stand now:

* Dublin; 3 nights, arriving on a Sunday and departing Wednesday
      * Cork; 1 night
      * Killarney; 2 nights
      * Galway; 2 nights

We'd be especially interested in understanding if we are allocating too much or little time in any particular area- I've a nagging thought that the 3d night in Dublin might be better spent elsewhere.

Our plan is to travel by rental car between cities. We're arriving at Dublin and departing from Shannon- again, as things are planned right now.

Any suggestions of places to visit outside of the standard "must see" attractions would be very welcome.

Thanks in advance for any and all responses.

more
    • Charlies Bar, Cork, Ireland

Cork Yesterday

I visited this bar back in the 80's. Is it still open and would someone familar with the bar contact me.?

more
    • city tours

by lizdurk Online Now Aug 13, 2014 at 4:20 AM

Will be visiting Kilkenny City in Mid Sept was wondering if there are any tours of city and Area we could avail of .Please

2 Answers Aug 14, 2014 at 7:54 PM
    • 2 days in kilkenny and only 1 in dublin

by irishmom2 Online Now May 31, 2014 at 5:43 PM

trying to make the most of a 3 day stop we will be driving and spending 2 days in kilkenny and 1 in dublin looking for some things to do in and around kilkenny and dublin. bus tours are also fine. also looking for a Catholic church...has anyone ever had a marriage blessing done in Ireland or at any of the Catholic churches.... I know as a Catholic one cannot renew their vows but a marriage blessing is possible especially for an anniversary.....

2 Answers Jun 1, 2014 at 3:09 AM
    • How much time to spend in Kilkenny

by chebeanie11 Online Now Mar 26, 2014 at 7:01 PM

Hi, I am interested in visiting Kilkenny and would like to know how much time should we spend in the city? Is there a lot to see and Should we spend a night there or a few hours in the city is enough?

5 Answers May 22, 2014 at 10:31 AM
    • Sunday Night

by sobro Online Now Nov 12, 2013 at 3:58 AM

where can i find good night life on Sunday Night

4 Answers May 23, 2014 at 9:29 AM
    • Knocktopher Abbey,County Kilkenny

by kittjall Online Now Oct 25, 2013 at 4:35 PM

The cheapest way to get there from Dublin airport via public transport

3 Answers Oct 26, 2013 at 4:27 PM
    • pub you could recommend for night out

by yvonne123 Online Now Oct 12, 2013 at 6:09 AM

what place in Kilkenny would you recommend for women in their early 40's

4 Answers May 23, 2014 at 9:44 AM
    • HOW DO I FIND A DINNER HOST FAMILY IN KILKENNY?

by Lynemas Online Now Aug 24, 2010 at 8:02 AM

We are heading to Ireland & I have heard of people having a traditional irish dinner with a host family (not accommodations), just dinner to experience the culture.

Has anyone done this & where might I find a host family for a dinner?

Thank you!

3 Answers Aug 26, 2010 at 11:00 AM
    • gemma hayes at cleere's

by fabrice76 Online Now Jan 20, 2010 at 8:14 AM

Hello. I'm french and want to come to see Gemma in kilkenny on 02/11/10. So where and when can i buy a ticket ? If anybody could help me,i would appreciate it... Thanks.

1 Answer Jan 20, 2010 at 9:21 AM
    • Public Transport - Kilkenny

by Kilkenytrip Online Now May 21, 2009 at 2:55 AM

Can you take a train or a bus from Limerick to Kilkenny ?

2 Answers May 21, 2009 at 11:00 AM
    • Transporation Help! Kilkenny to Dingle

by jenjuhn Online Now Jan 14, 2009 at 11:57 AM

Hi, my friend and I plan to travel from Kilkenny to Dingle. We will NOT be renting a car. We will stay 1 night in Kilkenny and next morning go to Rock of Cashel and then onto Dingle. I am hoping there is a bus that goes to Rock of Cashel from Kilkenny. However, I don't know if we should return to Kilkenny to take a train to Tralee, or maybe Killarney? And then bus into Dingle from either of these two cities? Or, is there a bus from Cashel into Dingle?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

3 Answers Jan 15, 2009 at 11:13 PM
    • algarvegaby's Profile Photo

Lanigan's Bar?

by algarvegaby Online Now May 30, 2008 at 9:14 AM

Did anybody try Lanigan's Bar for the live music on Sunday afternoons? We will be in Kilkenny with a group of 20 seniors and are looking for live music but also for good food. Thanks for your reply!

• times

by kie198 Online Now Apr 7, 2008 at 5:40 AM

bus times from kilkenny to carlow

1 Answer Apr 7, 2008 at 9:46 AM
    • How to get from Cashel to Kilkenny without a car

by Lilofee Online Now Mar 21, 2008 at 4:29 PM

I read somewhere that there is a bus from Cashel to Kilkenny, but I can't find any information regarding how many busses per day and at what time they run. Please, can anyone give me info? I have tried Buseireann, but cannot find it any which way. Thank yo so much.

4 Answers Mar 27, 2008 at 10:43 AM
    • Guided tour

by luba_tonnie Online Now Nov 14, 2007 at 2:50 AM

Whwere does the tour begin and what rooms are covered.

• goodfish's Profile Photo

Kilkenny to Dublin by rail - day trip

by goodfish Online Now Mar 8, 2007 at 9:21 AM

Hi -we're looking at booking a package from the U.S. that'll be going to Killarney (4 nights) and Kilkenny (3 nights) but not signing up for any of the additional day tours in favor of doing all of our sightseeing on our own. Hate the tours - they herd you through too much. in too short a time, with too many people!

Anyway, we'll only have two full days in Kilkenny and I figure we'd take one to explore the town, and I'd like to spend the second day in Dublin. I'd like to go by rail as it's probably fastest. Has anyone done this, is it difficult to figure out, and will we have enough time to hit the high spots of Dublin? I figure it may take and hour and a half or so to get there? Am looking at first train out - probably last train back. Appreciate any advice/insight you could throw my way!!

7 Answers Mar 9, 2007 at 9:45 AM
    • Getting from Kilkenny to Waterford City

by valmr Online Now Mar 1, 2007 at 9:28 AM

We are traveling to Ireland in May and will be taking the Rail from city to city. We want to stay in Kilkenny and go to Waterford City for the day. Is there a tour or some other way to get there other than by Rail?

Also, any suggestions on places to stay and eat?

Thanks,

Val

1 Answer Mar 1, 2007 at 10:09 AM
    • Band that played at the Pump House pub

by peetie1015 Online Now Jan 3, 2007 at 11:49 AM

I was in Kilkenny back in June of 2006. I went to the Pump House. I saw a group there that played some traditonal Irish music. I wanted to find out the name of the group and how I could purchase one of their cd's. I am pretty sure I was there either June 28 or 29. Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Scott

2 Answers Jul 9, 2007 at 5:34 AM
    • Brewery Tours

by photodoc Online Now Nov 28, 2006 at 7:04 PM

I would like to know if there are tours available for the brewery that makes Kilkenny beer and if so, what hours of the day the tours are available.

Thank you!!

4 Answers Aug 24, 2007 at 7:13 PM
    • How to get to Kilkenny from Ennis

by serpentine Online Now Jun 21, 2006 at 12:41 AM

Hi,

I'm planning to visit Kilkenny on August, but I don't know how to get there. We will be coming from Ennis. I've checked http://www.buseireann.ie/ but I don't find any way to get to Kilkenny. Any idea, please? And, how long would the travel be?

Thank you so much!!

Natalia.

8 Answers Jul 8, 2006 at 1:53 AM
    • VivianD's Profile Photo

visiting in april

by VivianD Online Now Apr 6, 2005 at 4:05 PM

hi everyone! planning on visiting ireland week of april 18th...
      just wondering how long i should stay in kilkenny? was planning on going to galway and further west for the countryside.... but i have a family friend in kilkenny who has a place that i could stay at.. so i figure it might be saving money that way and see medieval kilkenny instead??... but... just wondering if anyone had any tips or if i should head to the west coast? also, how will the weather be? would it be a good idea to rent bikes and bike around kilkenny and surrounding towns? THANKS!!!

6 Answers May 9, 2005 at 1:33 AM
    • LauraWest's Profile Photo

more on the web site

by LauraWest Online Now Mar 17, 2005 at 6:47 PM

I forgot to say, the site is thecatlaughs.com You can request to be put on their email list to get notifiied when the site is updated, with this year's schedule. I did that a few weeks ago.

• Visiting in December

by Brendalyn Online Now Feb 15, 2005 at 12:26 PM

What is it like weather-wise in December? Are there popular attractions which are closed? Is the weather unreasonable for a December stay? Thanks.

4 Answers Jun 18, 2006 at 7:23 AM
    • wardy51's Profile Photo

Any golfers

by wardy51 Online Now Mar 4, 2004 at 5:29 PM

8 of us will be staying in Kilkenny (again)at the end of April. We are playing at Kilkenny, Carlow, and Clonmell. We are looking for a course to play on the way down from Dun Learey (sorry about the spelling, its late) while travelling to Kilkenny and also one when returning back to the ferry. Are there any golfers out there with any suggestions or maybe members that might be able to play with us at their home course. Thanks Geoff

2 Answers Mar 11, 2004 at 7:17 AM
    • Nice place to stay in/near Kilkenny

by shpeeg Online Now May 26, 2003 at 4:19 AM

We are a family of 3 looking for a nice place to stay in/very near Kilkenny. We don't want to spend a lot. Any recommendations?

4 Answers Sep 1, 2003 at 5:51 PM