Kilkenny Travel Answers

change location

Brewery Tours

by photodoc Online Now Nov 28, 2006 at 7:04 PM

I would like to know if there are tours available for the brewery that makes Kilkenny beer and if so, what hours of the day the tours are available.

Thank you!!

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • WhispersWest's Profile Photo

RE: Brewery Tours

by WhispersWest Online Now Nov 29, 2006 at 3:53 PM

I am not familiar with any tour of a brewery for Kilkenny beer. However, if you email the Tourist Information Center, kilkennytourism@eircom.net, in Kilkenny, they will probably have the information.

Slan Agus Beannacht,

Bit Devine
    Cowboy Craic

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Krumel's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Brewery Tours

by Krumel Online Now Nov 29, 2006 at 11:42 PM

As far as I know Kilkenny (Smithwicks) is one of the various brands brewed by Guinness, and there certainly is no Kilkenny brewery in Kilkenny.

• RE: Brewery Tours

by photograbber Online Now Dec 1, 2006 at 4:39 PM

Hi

Kilkenny Beer is brewed by Smithwick's Brewery in St Francis Abbey in Kilkenny. Tours are available (free) and you can pick up the tickets from the tourist office in Rose Inn Street. Tours run from about May to Sept. if memory serves.

Hope you enjoy Kilkenny (great city and the beer isn't bad either)

Rory

• Re: Brewery Tours

by beerlizard Online Now Aug 24, 2007 at 7:13 PM

that would be the smithwicks brewery. parlaiment street kilkenny. kilkenny is sold in irish pubs as smithwicks. remember that guinness and smithwicks are brewed at 4.3 % by vol alcohol, not as strong as on the continent. there are other brands of irish red ale also available . you might try maccardles or bass(our prime ministers favourite). you might also keep an eye out for some of the micro brewery products.

regards

dr. beerlizard

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines