Kilkenny Travel Answers

change location
wardy51's Profile Photo

Any golfers

by wardy51 Online Now Mar 4, 2004 at 5:29 PM

8 of us will be staying in Kilkenny (again)at the end of April. We are playing at Kilkenny, Carlow, and Clonmell. We are looking for a course to play on the way down from Dun Learey (sorry about the spelling, its late) while travelling to Kilkenny and also one when returning back to the ferry. Are there any golfers out there with any suggestions or maybe members that might be able to play with us at their home course. Thanks Geoff

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • orlikins's Profile Photo

Re: Any golfers

by orlikins Online Now Mar 6, 2004 at 8:52 AM

You will probably end up playing in Mount Juliet in Co. Kilkenny, right? Check out http://www.golfingireland.com, I had a look and it has a map of Ireland with recommended golf courses so you can see whether a course is within easy reach of your itinerary or not. Orla

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • sean65's Profile Photo

Re: Any golfers

by sean65 Online Now Mar 11, 2004 at 7:17 AM

Hi Geoff Carlow is a great course, it's my favourite inland course in Ireland. I would recommend on the journey between Kilkenny and Dublin - Rathsallagh - parkland attached to a country house, great sense of space and reasonable value (about 60 euros) - The European club - links course, down the coast in Wickow about 100 euros. Tough track with spectacular holes. alternatively - Mount Wolseley - parkland hotel course about 50 euro If you want to blow the bucks look up - K Club - Mount Juliet - Druids Glen If you want pleasant social golf, check, green fees 20-30 euro - Castlecomer - Athy - Kilkea Castle Sean

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines