Kilkenny Travel Answers

change location

Nice place to stay in/near Kilkenny

by shpeeg Online Now May 26, 2003 at 4:19 AM

We are a family of 3 looking for a nice place to stay in/very near Kilkenny. We don't want to spend a lot. Any recommendations?

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Waoife's Profile Photo

Re: Nice place to stay in/near Kilkenny

by Waoife Online Now May 26, 2003 at 5:40 AM

I stayed ina B&B on the outskirts of Kilkenny called the Brog Maker a few years ago. It's only about 10 minutes walk from the centre of town and is pretty reasonable. It's above a pub though so probably not a good idea to stay there if you like to go to bed early ;-)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Lochlainn's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Nice place to stay in/near Kilkenny

by Lochlainn Online Now May 26, 2003 at 8:00 AM

Don't leave it too late to book! I spent two days last week fruitlessly ringing guesthouses, hotels and B&Bs around KK and everything was booked out. I ended up in Galway instead. The Brog Maker is a nice spot Aoife. I also HIGHLY recommend Rinuccini's by the castle - a brilliant restaurant and guest rooms that beat many a hotel's standards hands down at half their cost!

• barryg23's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Nice place to stay in/near Kilkenny

by barryg23 Online Now May 26, 2003 at 8:13 AM

I live a stone's throw from The Brog Maker, and it's a great spot. It's not one of Kilkenny's busiest pubs so shouldn't be too noisy. Along the same road (Castlecomer Road), there are numerous B&B's. My friend's parents run one called Chaplin's - I'll try find the number for you. In the meantime have a look at this link whihc has lots of accommodation info. If you need to know anything further about a particular B&B or the area where it's situated, please let me know: kilkenny.ie/toursm/accom1.ht... Barry

• Re: Nice place to stay in/near Kilkenny

by jfsc Online Now Sep 1, 2003 at 5:51 PM

The absolute best place: the Waterside Hotel in Graiguenamanaugh (pronounced Greg-nah-mah-nah). My wife and I stayed there for a week and drove in and around the entire Kilkenny region. Centrally located. The hotel has one of the best restaurants I've EVER been in... I mean that! It's 5 stars. Website is www.watersideguesthouse.com

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines