change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• sprdak11's Profile Photo

Visiting Skelleftea

Skellefteå Jun 23, 2014 at 1:22 PM

Hello. I am going to visit Skelleftea during a few days in november. Can anyone recommend me what I can see and do in this city? Greetings. Magda

more
    • transport to Björkliden

Kiruna Jun 20, 2014 at 6:50 AM

when we arrive at Kiruna airport in the afternoon, the last bus and train will have left for Björkliden. Are there other possibilites for travel than the very expensive taxi (1995 SSK)?

more
    • Airport to Pier

Stockholm 13 hours ago

Is it an issue getting a taxi to the cruise ship pier; and how much would it be?
      Thanks,
      Craig

more
    • Harry Potter exhibition

Norrköping Jun 18, 2014 at 9:00 AM

I will be visiting Stockholm at the beginning of July, and would like to go to Norrkoping for the Harry Potter exhibition. How do I get from Stockholm Centralstation to Norrkoping by train (I have only been able to find Raileurope with information and prices)? How do I get from Norrkoping train station to the Exhibition? I could not find the address for it.
      May I also mention that I need a senior citizen ticket.
      Thanks in advance
      Judith

more
    • How to get to the island

Djurö Jun 17, 2014 at 1:18 PM

Hello, we will be coming probably in the evening by car and we would like to sleep on the island in our tent. How can we get across the lake? Thanks, Petr

more
    • To rent a boat

Gullholmen Jul 4, 2014 at 3:12 AM

How do you find a boat to rent in Gullholmen? When travelling in Bohuslan, this seems to be the greatest problem. A bit ironic I must say...We have rented a room and want to be able to go to the small islands around, but not even the hotel has boats ro rent out. Our youngest girl is only 5 years, so "kajak" is too risky. I would like what swedes call an "eka" or similar. How do I find it?
      Thanks for tips!
      Anna

more
    • Tågbuss 66567 plattform

Sundsvall Jul 3, 2014 at 6:48 AM

Hi. I travel across Sweden for the first time. I have a problematic question regarding transfering from a train to a bus in Sundsvall. I travel to Hudiksvall in a few days and I have to transfer in Sundsvall from a train to a bus. I have bought a ticket long time ago (all transfers seemed just fine) but only today I found out that few of the buses actually have platforms 1 kilometer from Sundsvall train station. My swedish in not good enough to understand swedish sites and I can´t actually find any contact to Sundsvall station. If there is someone from Sundsvall who knows the bus system, it would be a great help. Or if you could provide me some kind of contact. I only have 19 minutes to transfer so i really need to know WHERE should I run to catch the buss and search the way in advance. SO: I should travel with ´tågbuss 66567´ to Hudiksvall. I don´t travel with X-trafik (I know that they have special buses and platforms)- I travel with SJ. Could somebody tell me if these busses stop near the train station or 1 kilometer away- on Navet station? Thanks very much!

more
    • FRUSTUNA CHURCH

Gnesta Jul 1, 2014 at 12:05 PM

What denomination church is it? Christian? Lutheran? Is the service in Swedish? When are church services held? I am a visitor from Australia who can´t speak Swedish, would I be able to understand any part of a service? Thanks Nick Kingsley kingsley642796@yahoo.com.au

more
    • day trip from Voxholm to Sandhamn

Stockholm Jun 30, 2014 at 2:30 AM

Could anyone give me information of ferries between these two islands, or other day trips to other archipelago islands from Vaxholm where we'll be staying for two nights?
      Thank you for your help.

more
    • First half of October in the north of Sweden

Sweden Jun 12, 2014 at 12:02 PM

Hi -

We've booked flights to Stockholm for the first couple of weeks of October, and the basic plan was travelling around the south for 10 days then fly up north to Abisko for the Northern Lights.
      After some research - we're thinking about changing our route so most of it (10 days?) will be in the north - to make our chances to actually see the Northern Lights as big as possible....
      We would appreciate any suggestions for routes that will make most out of the foliage colors as well as the lights.
      We can rent a car - but don't want to drive in snowy conditions at all. Another option will be travelling by public transportation.
      The route can cover nearby Sapmi / Laponian areas outside the borders of Sweden, of course.

thanks,
      Ana.

more
    • Winter shoes/jackets

Stockholm Jul 2, 2014 at 4:49 PM

Hello! I will be in Stockholm from January to May and am curious as to what kind of shoes to have for the winter - something stylish but practical. I am a female college student. Tall, mid-calf or ankle? Any specific brands? Do I need waterproof shoes? Insulated? How many different pairs of shoes should I have? Any and all information is appreciated!! I come from southern California and am not familiar with winter weather at all.

Also any information you have on winter jackets would be great! Again, any specific brands, coat lengths, styles, and material would be much appreciated.

more
    • A "Foliage Route" in the north (October)

Sweden Jun 15, 2014 at 12:10 PM

Hi again... We're trying to plan our 2 weeks' October vacation in Sweden, and it seems we will need a bit of a local help to decide where exactly to go... We are specifically interested in 2 natural "highlights" (or phenomenons...) :

• The Northern Lights
      • Foliage

What will be the route that will give us the best chances to see both things within the first 2 weeks we'll have in Sweden at the beginning of October?

We're still not sure about renting a car or travelling by public transportation, and also not sure about adding northern Norway and/or Finland to our route.

Any advice and suggestion will be highly appreciated...

Thanks,

Ana.

more
    • Ticks in Stockholm parks?

Stockholm Jun 11, 2014 at 4:45 AM

We're going to be in Stockholm in August and I was thinking about posting a request for information on finding a guide to help us see some of your local birds and migrants. But I just saw some older VT posts about disease-carrying ticks being a problem even in city parks, so now I'm getting more concerned about that. I had one episode of tick-borne disease years ago in the U.S. and don't want to go through that again. Anyone have any advice on repellants that work, etc.

more
    • dragonflylt's Profile Photo

Stockholm in 3 Days

Stockholm Jun 29, 2014 at 9:50 AM

should we get a pass or a stockholm card? It seems a bit confusing the difference between the two... Also- we definitely like to do the canal tour - is there a particular company that we should us? thank you for your time!

more
    • Free Walking Tour of Stockholm

Stockholm Jun 29, 2014 at 6:42 PM

Hello,

My cruise ship will arrive at Stockholm at 8:00 a.m., and I the disembarkation will be completed by 9:00 a.m. My airplane will be leaving from Stockholm Arlanda Airport at 1:05 p.m. I am looking to see if there are any 1-hour (or 2-hour at the longest) tours available which would enable me to get a glimpse at the city of Stockholm and some of its attractions. Either a walking or a bus tour would be fine, the only requirement is that I must be at the airport by 11 a.m. (or 11:30 a.m. at the latest). Any tour suggestions and resources would be welcomed. Thank you!

more