Kihei

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Traveling to Kihei

by desertfx Online Now Apr 7, 2014 at 7:41 PM

My wife and I plus our 23 and 18 year old sons will be in Kihei for holidays. Any suggestions on what (or not) to see and do? The same for restaurants? Thanks

more
    • Traveling to Kihei

by desertfx Online Now Apr 7, 2014 at 7:41 PM

My wife and I plus our 23 and 18 year old sons will be in Kihei for holidays. Any suggestions on what (or not) to see and do? The same for restaurants? Thanks

3 Answers Apr 8, 2014 at 9:37 AM
    • cottonwood's Profile Photo

internet Cafe's

by cottonwood Online Now May 17, 2010 at 4:34 PM

any place in the Kihei area to be able to get on the internet once in a great while for us outsiders? I don't have that laptop thing, but want ot be able to get on once in a blue moon while there.

• Kneeldah's Profile Photo

Black Rocks

by Kneeldah Online Now Jun 27, 2009 at 6:54 PM

My son and I spent Christmas in Kihei two years ago. When we got back to Texas, I noticed my son had brought back some black rocks. Since then, we have had some financial problems. Then I remembered about the legend of the black rocks bringing you bad luck. I have been wanting to return them, but I don't know where. Can anyone give me an address so that I can return them? I would really appreciate it.

Thanks y'all.

Nilda

3 Answers Jul 3, 2009 at 7:24 PM
    • Azekas' Rib Sauce

by msollenberger Online Now Feb 29, 2008 at 8:12 AM

Can we purchase it here in the US? Do they sell it there?

1 Answer Feb 29, 2008 at 10:00 AM
    • Any tips?

by maui_bound Online Now Aug 28, 2007 at 9:23 PM

We reviewed many hotels and it seemed Maui Coast hotel had some great reviews- and not as many negative reviews as many other hotels (on a budget).

This is our first vacation and we are very excited- but not very well versed.

Any suggestions on activities?
      We had thought we were looking is East Maui but after booking realized we booked in South Maui. But all the activities we found are based out of Lahaina snorkeling, sunset sails, Old Lahaina Luau).
      Looking for fun things to do (while still on a budget) in Kihei.

Also wondering about how far (and how long) it is to get to Lahaina from Kihei.

The Road to Hana is on our list- I heard it was a must. Now that we will be in South Maui I am not sure if we should head North and then East on the Hana Hwy or if we should follow the southern coast (as we probably won't take the Hana hwy all the way around).

Any suggestions, tips, ideas would be great! THANKS!!!

5 Answers Jun 16, 2008 at 5:21 PM
    • New Year's Eve in Kihei

by Cheryi79 Online Now Apr 16, 2007 at 6:39 PM

I was wondering if you have any suggestions on what to do or where to go on New Year's Eve? My husband and I are going to Hawaii for the first time this year from Dec. 29 2006 thru Jan. 5, 2008 and since we will be spending New Year's Eve there, I was hoping for some feed back on what to do. New Year's Eve is also my birthday and I will be celebrating my 46th Birthday! I am hoping I will have plenty of time to get reservations, I just need to know where to start?
      Thanks for your help!

2 Answers Nov 28, 2007 at 4:12 PM
    • Bike Rental Kihei

by uncutworld Online Now Apr 5, 2007 at 2:19 PM

Hi every one, I'm coming to Maui on May 6th, staying in Kihei, don;t have a car, and I was wondering if there is a bicycle rental place in Kihei?
      any one?

thank you

3 Answers Apr 7, 2007 at 9:27 PM
    • happy hour

by skarics Online Now Dec 26, 2006 at 5:57 PM

My parents are going to Kihei in January and Im trying to find them a restaurant/bar that has happy hour, preferrably with a nice water view in the Kihei area. They are not looking for somewhere to eat dinner...only for cocktails and maybe appetizers....years ago they had La Familia which was GREAT! And then we used to go to Sugar Beach hotel for .99 margeritas. I've been told that hotel no longer exists. Any info would be appreciated! Thank you in advance!

2 Answers Mar 5, 2007 at 9:24 PM
    • redheadj's Profile Photo

Moving to Maui in July--a few questions for those of you living there!

by redheadj Online Now May 18, 2006 at 1:27 PM

Aloha!

My boyfriend and I are moving July 26th to Maui, either to Kihei or Lahaina depending on what we decide upon getting there, but we are hoping to find a place to move into for 8/1/06. We will need a place to stay for 6 nights (the 26th through the 31st) and I'm not quite sure where to find a cheap place. Can you recommend any cheap hostels? I have searched craigslist.org as well as the maui news website and will keep my eye on them, but if any of you know anyone who will have a spare room or wants a little extra cash for 6 nights, please let me know!

The other issue is we will probably need to rent a car to get to Kihei or Lahaina, in which case it will have to be returned to the airport--how does that work? Would you just take a cab from the airport upon returning the rental car? Thanks so much--again in this case, if you would like some extra cash and have a spare car lying around we could borrow for a day or two, hit me up--we are responsible drivers!

Any other advice is also welcome.

Thanks so much!

4 Answers Sep 14, 2007 at 2:23 PM
    • Is kihei for me?

by Happy06 Online Now May 17, 2006 at 7:24 AM

Wonder if someone might be kind enough to help me out - I live in London & I'm planning to go to Maui next month with my mum who's in her late 50's & i'm in my mid twenties.
      All we really want are beautiful beaches and good restaurants kinda near by not looking for the party capital or anything.
      Unfortunatly (for my mum!) we're doing this on a budget - so i've been thinking about Aston Maui Lu Resort on South Kihei Road. I've looked up reviews on the web and they're massively varied. I now it's cheap as chips so i'm not expecting luxury but i'd be really upset if i took my mum somewhere they had cockroaches!
      Any thoughts & advice welcomed.
      thanks so much

Helen

4 Answers Aug 19, 2008 at 2:12 AM
    • Hotwire 3* Condo Across from Beach

by b8tzm Online Now Mar 11, 2006 at 7:17 AM

Any suggestions on which condos it might be?

3 Answers Mar 11, 2006 at 10:38 PM
    • moving to kihei

by samms7 Online Now Nov 22, 2003 at 12:30 AM

I'm thinking to retired in Kihei. I'd like to know since I'm vegetarian if there's a health food store like here in So. Cal. we have "Follow your Heart" and "Whole Food Market." Also is it possible to live without car there? Is Bicycle enough? Do I need any Sweats or jackets like Cal? so I know what to take.Thx!

3 Answers Sep 14, 2007 at 2:27 PM