Kiev

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Please help me get from Chernivistka to Dnipropetrovsk

Chernivets'ka Oblast' May 11, 2015 at 8:18 AM

Hi, how do I get to Dnipropetrovsk safely and quickly? Thank you very much for your help!
      Mike

more
    • Travel generally

Sevastopol' Yesterday

I want to go and visit a friend in Sevastopol. It's now under Russian control and I will need a visa. Does anybody have recent experience of travelling there and can give some advice please? Also, about flights to and from. Where is the best airport (Ukraine or Russia) to get there please ? Peter

more
    • travel.mania's Profile Photo

visiting Ukraine

Ukraine May 25, 2015 at 1:15 AM

Is it safe to visit Ukraine or is there still problems because of the war? which city is more beautiful Kiev or Odessa? which other towns or places good to see?

more
    • JohnK137's Profile Photo

Travel to Zmiev

Ukraine May 11, 2015 at 9:50 PM

Interested in meeting a friend in Zmiev, consequently I would like advice on the best and most economical way to get there from my hometown of Brisbane Queensland Australia. Appreciate any feedback, insight or assistance to make this trip and reality.

more
    • Train Travel between Kiev and Odessa

by comelymaiden Online Now Jun 22, 2013 at 2:23 AM

I intend to fly to Kiev using a budget airline, leave after 3 nights and travel by train to Odessa. I will then depart from Odessa by a budget airline. Any tips and ideas on how to plan this trip in a cost friendly way. I am a retiree aged 68. Thanks for any help. Mary

8 Answers Jun 25, 2013 at 11:11 AM
    • cheap, good place in kiev

by carlacolumna Online Now May 26, 2013 at 1:42 PM

anybody knows a very cheap place to stay in kiev? Don't need lots of comfort, just bed and kitchen maybe.
      thanks for any answer!

3 Answers Jul 2, 2013 at 5:42 AM
    • Jingol's Profile Photo

How much best rate for change USD/UAH at Kiev ?

by Jingol Online Now May 12, 2013 at 10:26 AM

Hi

I see at sites $ / ГРН = 8.14

How much and where is best rate change US Dollar at kiev ?

Thanks

4 Answers May 17, 2013 at 6:16 AM
    • Obtaining Visa

by Beezneez Online Now Mar 28, 2013 at 12:49 AM

I am planning to visit Kiev for a couple of weeks at the end of April.
      A couple of weeks ago, I sent all the documents required to the Ukraine Embassy in Canberra, passport, application form, photos and payment.
      Today I have received everything back from the Embassy, with NO visa and no explanation that I had done anything wrong!
      Has anyone else had this problem? as now I don't know what to do.
      Beezneez.

5 Answers Mar 28, 2013 at 7:49 PM
    • bwk_michael's Profile Photo

swimming pools

by bwk_michael Online Now Feb 6, 2013 at 1:47 AM

hi there, i am in kiev in may and would like to get some informations about public swimming pools i can use...i have seen that there are a few but the website is all in ukraine. could you tell me what pools i can go to, to have my daily fix on swimming :)

kind regards, michael

5 Answers Mar 26, 2013 at 11:18 PM
    • Kiev 3/4 day itinerary and Kiev - Moscow train info

by latomeri Online Now Jan 19, 2013 at 3:55 PM

Hi, I'll be in Kiev for 3 or 4 days in early March. On one of those days i'll be busy for work but i want to see the sights other than that. Can someone help me come up with an itinerary for 2 days in Kiev ?

I also need to take a late evening train from Kiev to Moscow and i'm on a budget. Does someone here know how much it costs ? I'm on a bit of a budget.

10 Answers Mar 11, 2013 at 5:13 PM
    • MsLena's Profile Photo

Stopover - Stay near the airport or go to Kiev

by MsLena Online Now Dec 18, 2012 at 8:02 AM

My daughter and her friend (both 21 years old) will have a stopover in Kiev on their way to New York. They will land 8 p.m. Thursday 27th of December on Boryspils and will continue to New York the next day at 3 p.m.

1. Should they go for a hotel close to the airport? Does anyone have an ok and cheap hotel to recommend close to the airport?
      2. Should they stay in Kiev and do some sightseeing the next morning? Which is the nicest spot to view in the morning? They like spectacular churches and buildings; museums are not of interest. Caves Monstery? Saint Sofia Cathedral? Any other?
      3. Does anyone have an ok and cheap hotel to recommend close to the nicest sights in central Kiev?
      3. What is the best (and cheapest) way to travel from the airport to the sights in Kiev?
      4. Since the girls will be moving to New York they will both carry two large suitcases each. Is it any luggage storage at Boryspils?

Thanks from Lena

3 Answers Dec 18, 2012 at 12:00 PM
    • Trip to Chernobyl

by jantadeusz80 Online Now Nov 29, 2012 at 8:59 AM

Hi!

Does anybody knows any ukraine company who can organize trip to Chernobyl and Prypyat? Also is this possible to go there by own car?

Thanks in advance!
      Jan

6 Answers Aug 26, 2014 at 11:12 PM
    • taurean_traveller's Profile Photo

Zhuliany airport

by taurean_traveller Online Now Nov 4, 2012 at 1:32 AM

Is there a bus service from Zhuilany airport to the main train station in Kiev?

If yes what would be the last departure time.
      Many thanks

1 Answer Nov 5, 2012 at 2:47 PM
    • GyuriFT's Profile Photo

Did I see a VT member in Kiev October 22 ?

by GyuriFT Online Now Oct 24, 2012 at 9:15 AM

Hi guys / girls,

wasn't here for ages - but we did visit Kiev spontanously this weekend. While we were riding the metro escalator at the "Arsenal" station, some girls did look at me and begin to point their finger at my chest.... than I realized, I did wear the VT T-shirt from Ohrid meeting. So some VT members maybe did "catch" us in Kiev.

The background of the visit: while I am still looking for a job, my kid had a long weekend before October 23 holidays in Hungary, so we "escaped" to Ukraina. The original idea was to drive the (in)famous North Korean to Chernigov. But my wife and my kid wanted rather to relax, so we parked the Korean family member in Chop at a secure place (15 Grivennik / day !!!) and took the train to Kiev.

Certainly less "freedom" than taking the car but cheaper + why on Earth would I need a car in Kiev?

Going back was fine, too, got the Korean buy back ("his" name is Winnie, the Pooh by the way, few VT-ers already know our pooh-bear), filled it with all kind of goodies in Uzhgorod (vodka + zephyr + Krimea sparkiling wine + Kinzmarauli + cake + red fish + caviar) and arrived yesterday home. Was a great trip.

So did someone catch us at "Arsenal" ?

• ainsleigh's Profile Photo

Visiting at Christmas time

by ainsleigh Online Now Sep 29, 2012 at 4:53 PM

Plans have changed for me and I'd like to visit Kiev over Christmas January 3-9. Is this a good or bad time to visit ? I realize things will be closed but will it be for 1-2 days or the whole week? I'm not worried about the weather.
      Any advice is much appreciated as always!

4 Answers Nov 29, 2012 at 7:23 AM
    • Where to propose in Kiev?

by Rich_P Online Now Sep 4, 2012 at 4:50 AM

I am going to Kiev next week to meet up with my girlfriend and feel now is the right time to propose.
      My problem is I have never been to Kiev and am having trouble finding somewhere suitable over the internet to propose. I wish to do it either in a beautiful setting ie. surrounded by beautiful architecture, a romantic form of transport (horse drawn carriage, or a gondola if it was Venice) or in a romantic restaurant.
      After purchasing the ring the cost does matter unfortunately.
      Any suggestions appreciated.
      Many thanks

2 Answers Oct 3, 2012 at 6:35 AM
    • happpymike's Profile Photo

Where to buy!

by happpymike Online Now Jul 31, 2012 at 6:15 AM

Hi Dear VTs in Kyiv!
      Am in Kyiv and woundering where to buy some of those famous Russian/Ukrainian
      coats or hats made of skins of animals,on reasonable price.I dont expect mink
      or such expencive ones but affordables!!TKS in advance,Mike

1 Answer Jul 14, 2013 at 3:15 PM
    • happpymike's Profile Photo

Where to stay in Kyiv!!

by happpymike Online Now Jul 25, 2012 at 4:55 AM

Hi VTs,I am in Ukraine,Odessa right now,such a lovely and nice place and I
      will want to visit Kyiv during July,30-Aug.02,2012,which is my flight date
      back to home!I will be very pleased to receive some informations about which
      avenues in Kyiv are safe and good to stay to be close to must sees in Kyiv?
      Is it any main walking Str.,in Kyiv?and so on....TKS in advance

3 Answers Jul 25, 2012 at 11:04 AM

Train from Kiev to Berlin

by ainsleigh Online Now Jul 19, 2012 at 5:21 PM

Hi again,
      I'm planning to take this route in December 2012 and was hoping for help with a few questions... How much does a one-way ticket cost? Does the Kashtan train run in this direction and if so, is there any major advantages over any other train? Also, I was considering taking it from Lviv to Berlin instead but read may be too full to travel together or book the kind of compartment we want by the time the train gets to that leg. Does anyone know how busy this route is that time of year?

Any comments as always are much appreciated!

1 Answer Jul 20, 2012 at 12:17 PM
    • Jaroslav Adamovych reverse painting on glass

by lena01 Online Now Jul 13, 2012 at 3:04 AM

I am new on this forum, if you could please help me find a store or gallery in Kiev where i could buy Jaroslav Adamovych reverse painting on glass.
      Thank you very much!

Police corruption?

by ainsleigh Online Now Jul 7, 2012 at 5:18 AM

My husband and i plan to visit Kiev and Lviv in December 2012. We're Canadians, and I am ethnically Ukrainian so I'm pretty excited to see where my family came from. I can read Cyrillic but can't speak the language. I'll be working on it though.

Anyways, my perception based on what I'm reading is that local police are very corrupt and we will likely need to pay a few bribes, but the police are very obvious that they are seeking a bribe and leave you alone after getting a few bucks. I'm not hearing a lot of stories about people harassed, detained or being highly inconvenienced.

Is this accurate? If so, I think I can handle that. Any other advice? I know to keep my passport on me, obey the laws, not be an obvious foreigner. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

10 Answers Aug 24, 2012 at 3:24 AM
    • EC2012

by sqwuiza Online Now May 30, 2012 at 2:00 PM

What's peoples feelings about the football in Ukraine?

I'm going over to Kiev for a week, but don't know what to expect with what the press have been saying. I'm sure the BBC came out with a similar program before South Africa and I cant remember hearing about any trouble.

All I wants a good time

4 Answers Jun 1, 2012 at 2:02 AM
    • I need help on getting to Chernovsy

by rus2k7 Online Now May 17, 2012 at 7:25 AM

Ill be arriving at the Borispal airport and need to get to Chernovsy. Please tell me how i can get to the bus or train from the airport.

Thank you very much

Also if you could tell about the hotel near the airport where i could stay a night if necessary. Hoping the rate would be 60-120

• Travel from Kiev to Srajevo

by geriflox Online Now Apr 25, 2012 at 6:28 AM

Hey there.
      Myself and my friend are hoping to travel from Kiev to Sarajevo later this year.Preferably by plane.Does anybody know what is the best way to go about booking flights? Having various sorts of problems with various websites and i haven't got a word of Ukrainian. Also,does anybody know roughly how much we could expect to pay for a one-way flight? Or,would we be better off flying from Sarajevo to Kiev? Hope this question is in the correct forum.Apologies if it's not.

Cheers.

2 Answers May 1, 2012 at 6:28 AM
    • Where can I purchase Ukraine topographic maps in Kiev?

by conchshellman Online Now Apr 17, 2012 at 2:29 PM

We are going to be in Kiev in August. Where can I purchase the Topograficheskaya
      Carta 1:100,000? There are 286 of these maps in the Ukraine series.

• schmechi's Profile Photo

Baggage room at Kiev main station

by schmechi Online Now Apr 15, 2012 at 12:29 PM

Is there a baggage room at Kiev main station? If not, where can I store my luggage for some days?

3 Answers Mar 4, 2013 at 7:54 AM
    • schmechi's Profile Photo

What happened to night trains Kiev-Lviv?

by schmechi Online Now Apr 10, 2012 at 2:51 AM

I'll visit Ukraine during EC 2012. A crucial puzzle piece of my journey is the night train from Kiev to Lviv (and retour). In the forefield I managed to find out its schedule and it is supposed that there are several trains, for example #169 departing at 16:55, # 97 departing at 21:56, # 91 departing at 22:15 and # 07 departing at 23:58.

After managing all other problems (overpriced hotels, UEFA ticket sale, booking flights) I wanted to reserve the night train via http://www.e-kvytok.com.ua (btw: Offering an online ticket-reservation-system only in ukrainian language is an imposition in the forefield of an international mega event like the Euro 2012). But unfortunately the above mentioned train connections disappeared. Also www.poezda.net and www.oebb.com does not show any night connections any more... So what happened? Another stumbling block for football fans?

9 Answers Feb 28, 2013 at 1:31 AM
    • Best location for quick trip

by mani8kgm Online Now Mar 8, 2012 at 5:16 AM

We have 3 days in Kiev in May. Which would be the most convenient location to find a hotel- close to the sites and reasonable eating places. I would love it it someone can suggest an itinerary.
      Thank you

6 Answers Mar 4, 2013 at 7:54 AM
    • How do I get from Troyeshchina to Central Kiev

by cherryfan Online Now Jan 17, 2012 at 2:01 PM

Hi,

I'm travelling to Kiev for Euro 2012 and I've booked a hotel in Troyeschina district. I'm just wondering if it's served by a Metro Station and whether Taxis are easy and cheap enough to get?

I don't know too much about the district, however it was cheap in comparison to the centre of Kiev.

Many thanks in advance

9 Answers Apr 4, 2012 at 12:53 PM
    • littlebush's Profile Photo

Train from Chisinau to Kiev

by littlebush Online Now Dec 29, 2011 at 11:51 AM

Hi
      Can anyone help me with trying to find train times from Chisinau to Kiev?
      Thanks in advance

Dave

1 Answer May 11, 2012 at 11:33 AM
    • balfor's Profile Photo

Fun and interesting adventures....

by balfor Online Now Nov 23, 2011 at 2:53 AM

I will be in Kyiv for a few days in early/mid december (10th - 12th or so). What are the must see sights for about 3 days there?

5 Answers Jan 30, 2012 at 11:04 AM
    • 10 days in ukraine

by ajlex2011 Online Now Nov 18, 2011 at 1:30 PM

will be in kiev and maybe odessa last 10 days november. any suggestions about interesting things to do?

5 Answers Nov 22, 2011 at 7:12 AM
    • chriso1969's Profile Photo

Travelling to Belarus

by chriso1969 Online Now Nov 17, 2011 at 1:53 AM

Is it possible to travel by rail to either Moldova,Romania or Belarus from Kiev? If so would you have a link for the railway website. I cant seem to find it..Also roughly how much will it cost to do this and how long is the trip ?

7 Answers Nov 17, 2011 at 11:18 PM
    • chriso1969's Profile Photo

City Centre

by chriso1969 Online Now Nov 15, 2011 at 2:40 AM

my friends and I are going to Kiev in Febuary for a few days.Can anybody tell me what the city centre is called and if there are any cheapish hotels or apartments that will accomodate 3 people.And how much by taxi from the airport.Thanx,Chris.

8 Answers Jan 30, 2012 at 12:10 PM