Travel Answers
Khoueng Viangchan

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• transport for 6 person 1 child from Vientiane to Laung Prabang.

Luang Prabang Apr 7, 2014 at 7:37 PM

where to get the transport service? via online can ah? which website? how is the cost??

more
    • JuliusS's Profile Photo

Slowboat from sainyabuli to ventiane Still possible?

Xaignabouli Mar 20, 2014 at 10:01 PM

Does anyone know if its Still possible to go to vientiane from sainyabuli? If yes, how?

more
    • Donations in Laos

Laos Mar 19, 2014 at 12:38 AM

Is it appropriate to take donations to villages/tribes in Laos?
      When I travel in Indonesia I always take childrens clothing/footwear and (new) ladies underwear as they are always in great demand.
      I used to take basic English reading books for the children but found that they were really never used.
      It will be my first visit to Laos and I don't want to cause offence or take things that are not needed/wanted.
      Any advice gratefully received...thanks

more
    • Bus trip from Luang Prabang to Vietiane

Luang Prabang Apr 9, 2014 at 8:58 PM

How safe is the bus trip?
      We are going to do this trip around the end of May. I have read a lot of comments on this route and I am not sure how to rate it. The mud slides, the winding road and the steep drops, the break downs and delays are a little nerve wracking for someone who doesn't like mountain roads. I am also a little anxious about the aviation safety. Yes, I could stay home. But I just want to get the most recent traveller's information to access what to expect. From that I shall make a call to see this amazing country (from all accounts).

more

Popular Khoueng Viangchan Travel Answer Locations

• Travel by road fron bangkok to Vientianne

Vientiane Mar 5, 2014 at 10:15 PM

Hi VT friends

What is best option to go by road from bangkok to Vientianne
      having valid visas of both countries.

Any hasseles at borders ??

regds

3 Answers Mar 7, 2014 at 3:59 AM
    • Jeshie's Profile Photo

Hot Air Ballooning

Vang Vieng Feb 19, 2014 at 1:27 AM

Hi All,
      Just wondering if anyone has any experience with booking hot air ballooning in Vang Vieng in advance.
      Would just like to secure a position as it is at the top of my to do list.

Also, I have read that there are three different times for the rides (0600,0700 and 1600)... Does anyone have any suggestions as to what would be the best? Worried about possible smog in the morning/too hot in the afternoon.

Thanks in advance!

• Chyan's Profile Photo

Travel with Lao Central Airlines

Vientiane Dec 25, 2013 at 5:39 AM

Hi, Vientiane VT,

Has anyone booked with Lao Central Airlines online before? Does the airline really accept online payments via MasterCard Debit Card?

Has anyone visited Lao Central Airlines Head Office in Vientiane? If yes, are aircraft postcards available there?

Chyan

1 Answer Dec 26, 2013 at 4:24 AM
    • psychiy's Profile Photo

Places to see in Vientiane

Vientiane Jul 17, 2013 at 3:54 PM

I want to visit the Vientiane and What pu area in Laos this end December. How do I get to what pu from vientiane? How long will it take me? Can anyone please recommend an IT for a 3 to 4-day trip? Thanks!

2 Answers Jul 17, 2013 at 11:56 PM
    • Vientiane transportation

Vientiane Mar 22, 2013 at 6:55 PM

What are the options for transportation from Vientiane center to airport?

7 Answers Apr 3, 2013 at 12:25 PM
    • Private car LP to VV? Any suggestions?

Vang Vieng Mar 11, 2013 at 7:07 PM

Hi All - I'll be landing in LP on 7 April, and am looking on making my way down to VV after a couple of days in LP. I've heard stories about the busses, and have limited time left on this leg of the trip, so was thinking about hiring a private car. I hear they go for around 100 USD. Worth it? Anyone interested in splitting during this time? Also, if anyone has any must-do, must-see things in LP or VV, please share!

Thanks!

5 Answers Mar 12, 2013 at 5:00 AM
    • stamoz's Profile Photo

trip from vientiane

Vang Vieng Mar 3, 2013 at 12:40 AM

hello everyone,

I kindly ask what options would be the best to get to Vang Vieng, and also what options might be the best from the Thai-Lao freindship bridge to the city of Vientiane, thank you

2 Answers Mar 8, 2013 at 2:23 AM
    • LesleighR's Profile Photo

River

Vang Vieng Jul 15, 2012 at 5:13 PM

Excuse my ignorance ,but as Vang Vieng is on the Mekong river is it possible to get there and travel on via the river. Thanks in advance

3 Answers Jul 15, 2012 at 9:11 PM
    • stamoz's Profile Photo

gettin to VangVieng

Vang Vieng May 17, 2012 at 10:13 AM

Hello everyone!,

I plan to go to Vang Vieng from Thailand next March or April. I request for some suggestions on which is the best way to get there: I mean whether I fly from Suvarnabhumi to Vientiane on then how to get to the bus station from the airport, or travellin by land all the way to the border also to Vientiane and same to jump in a bus to Vang Vieng.
      Thanks

3 Answers May 18, 2012 at 1:42 AM
    • saints76's Profile Photo

transport from nong khai border point to vientiane

Vientiane Jan 30, 2012 at 5:12 AM

hi does anyone know the transport options to get to vientiane from the thai/laos border point neat nong khai.
      Thanks

2 Answers Mar 15, 2012 at 12:44 AM
    • saints76's Profile Photo

bus to hanoi

Vientiane Dec 31, 2011 at 2:21 AM

hi guys
      does anybody know the schedule and cost of the bus from vientiane to hanoi. or has anybody done this journey. any information would be helpful.
      Thanks.

• Vientiane to Siem Reap by bus or train

Vientiane Nov 8, 2011 at 4:39 AM

Hi! A friend and I are travelling end of November (Thailand-Laos-Cambodia-Vietnam), but got stuck planning the VIENTIANE (LAOS)- CAMBODIA leg. How do we travel overland bus/train from Vientiane to Siem Reap, approximately how many days it would be and how much? Thanks so much in advance!

2 Answers Nov 8, 2011 at 1:19 PM
    • 10 Days in Laos

Vientiane Oct 28, 2011 at 2:51 AM

Dear All

We will be in Laos in January for 10 days and here is my plan.Please tell me what you think of it.Thanks.

Day 1 : Arrive VN - Stay here over nite
      Day 2 : VN to Van Vieng by bus
      Day 3: Van Vieng
      Day 4: Van Vieng to LP by bus
      Day 5: LP
      Day 6: LP to Plain of Jars by bus
      Day 7: Plain of Jars
      Day 8: Plain of Jars to VN by bus
      Day 9 : VN
      Day 10: Depart home

13 Answers Nov 18, 2011 at 3:08 AM
    • Mikebb's Profile Photo

Good Restaurant in Vientiane

Vientiane Oct 9, 2011 at 9:43 PM

Will be in Vientiane with a group of 10 for 3 nights late November. Looking for nice restaurant with good food, and if possible a view and entertainment.

Appreciate all recommendations.

4 Answers Dec 12, 2011 at 8:23 PM
    • Vang Vieng - Jan 2012

Vang Vieng Sep 28, 2011 at 8:01 AM

Hi Everyone,

Quick couple of questions if you had any thoughts / info;

Myself and my GF are heading to SE Asia for 2 months in Decemeber & were thinking of going to Vang Vieng for New Year's Eve(possibly travelling from Bangkok on 30/12). We land in Bangkok on 27/12 so are thinking it might be good to get out of there for NYE as 5 nights might be too much.

Wondering what the best way to plan for accommodation at that time is as it will no doubt be very busy and I don't want to get stuck in a bad place or have no place to stay ! Also - has anyone spent NYE in Vang Vieng, is it worth going for, crowds good, etc ? Any guesthouse recommendations, etc would be great

Any help would be great, thanks !!

2 Answers Sep 30, 2011 at 6:40 AM
    • BriMcFly88's Profile Photo

Vang Vieng in March

Vang Vieng Aug 15, 2011 at 1:39 PM

Going to be there March 17th-19th. Can't find information online about how Vang Vieng is in March, so thought I would ask on here :) is it a dead time? Popular time?

8 Answers Aug 24, 2011 at 4:43 PM
    • bus from Vientiane to Udon Thani

Vientiane Jul 13, 2011 at 4:09 AM

after visiting Luang Prabang we will return to Vientiane and the cheapest way to travel from Vientiane to Bangkok seems to be to take a bus from Vientiane to Udon Thani and then an AirAsia flight to Bangkok. we are in our mid-70's so prefer plane to long bus/traintrips.
      i remember reading somewhere that there is a direct bus from Vientiane to Udon Thani. Could any VT confirm this and what is the cost and does the same bus cross the border into Thailand to Udon Thani or do we have to change into a Thai bus at the border. approximately how long is the bustrip from Vientiane to UT.
      many thanks for any information.

3 Answers Jul 13, 2011 at 8:24 PM
    • Vang Vieng to Vientiane

Vang Vieng May 11, 2011 at 4:21 AM

Hi,

I am on quite a tight trip, and am planning on getting an early morning bus from Vang Vieng to Vientiane, to get a flight at 5PM. I believe the journey time is max 5 hours, so I think I should make it ok. Does everyone think this is a safe bet, or is there a risk of breakdowns/ delays/ general slowness that would make me miss my flight?

Thanks for your help.

4 Answers May 12, 2011 at 7:33 AM
    • From Vientiane to Vang Vieng after 6pm, Saturday

Vientiane May 5, 2011 at 7:24 AM

Hi my friend and I will be traveling to Laos in July. We'll arrive at Wattay Airport at 5pm and we plan going straight to Vang Vieng . I understand this is a 4 hours journey but this is only a 4 days trip so our time is limited. We'll visit Vientiane on our last day though before heading back to Malaysia.

Question is, is there any transport from Wattay Airport/Vientiane to Vang Vieng after 6pm, on Saturday? And how much would they cost? Do I need any pre-booking and where they are?

Thanks in advance for your time and reply =)

1 Answer May 6, 2011 at 4:40 AM
    • trip from vientiane to kuala lumpur

Vientiane Mar 27, 2011 at 5:35 AM

we are flying from luang prabang to vientiane in november and want to fly from there to kuala lumpur on the same day. the flight to vientiane is supposed to arrive at 13:40 and the flight to KL is supposed to leave at 15:40. seeing that this is laos, will that be doable? has anyone done this, do the flights leave on time and will that give us enough time to make the connection?

4 Answers Mar 28, 2011 at 2:39 AM
    • vuzu's Profile Photo

Vientiane to Udon Thani bus journey

Vientiane Jan 17, 2011 at 12:35 AM

Hi,I will be taking a flight from Udon Thani to BKK next month end.
      My flight will be 8.55am. When is the earliest bus service from Vientiane to Udon Thani? Wondering would I have enough time to reach the airport in Udon Thani to catch the morning flight to BKK? Will it take long to clear the custom at the Laos and Thailand border?

3 Answers Jan 17, 2011 at 2:29 AM
    • Tattoo shop?

Vientiane Dec 14, 2010 at 3:05 PM

Hello I am travelling thru in January and wondering if there is a tattoo parlour in town here?

Any help much appreciated! ;0)

1 Answer Dec 14, 2010 at 8:52 PM
    • Bus to China

Vientiane Dec 6, 2010 at 2:08 AM

Hey guys,

I've read in the China lonely planet that there is a direct bus service from Kunming to Vientiane. I was wondering if anyone knows the a service that runs the opposite way? And, do people this it would be possible to do this bus journey at the beginning of February (during Chinese New Year)

Any help is appreciated,

Dave

4 Answers Dec 7, 2010 at 3:01 AM
    • mysticpaki's Profile Photo

FOR THE LAOS EXPERTS:)

Vientiane Nov 29, 2010 at 3:16 AM

Where in Vangvieng and Vientine would you recommend for a 40 year old couple young at heart to celebrate Valentines Day with some dancing in a romantic place with a view in Vanvieng and Vientine??
      Please also recommend new clean accomodation for 20 to 25 usd
      Cheers

2 Answers Nov 29, 2010 at 7:33 AM
    • mysticpaki's Profile Photo

FOR THE LAOS EXPERTS:)

Vang Vieng Nov 29, 2010 at 3:15 AM

Where in Vangvieng and Vientine would you recommend for a 40 year old couple young at heart to celebrate Valentines Day with some dancing in a romantic place with a view in Vanvieng and Vientine??
      Please also recommend new clean accomodation for 20 to 25 usd
      Cheers

1 Answer Nov 29, 2010 at 8:58 AM
    • taxi/private car from veintiane to vang vieng

Vang Vieng Nov 1, 2010 at 2:50 AM

Hi there,

We are arriving in Vientiane at around 3:00pm and want to go to vang vieng straight away that day from the airport. I think from memory last time I was in laos that the buses from Vientiane to Vang Vieng leave Vientiane at around lunchtime? My friend and I are also wanting to pre-arrange transport so we dont have to worry about it when we get there. Does anyone know of any good companies to book a private car from Vientiane to Vang Vieng through? Or is is easy to get a taxi when we get to the airport? Are taxi's reliable going that distance? Anyone know how much it should cost? I have had a bit of a look on the internet but cant find any companies to book a transfer through. Any suggestions/information would be much appreciated! Thanks, Flick

3 Answers Nov 6, 2010 at 9:18 AM
    • jimbolta's Profile Photo

Motorbikes in Laos

Vang Vieng Oct 12, 2010 at 3:15 AM

Hi All,
      I am looking to hire a motorbike with some mates and ride from Vang Vieng to Luang Prabang and back.
      I was just wondering if there was any info I should know before undertaking such a journey i.e. safety, time, costs etc that might make it not such a wise decision.
      Any help would be greatly appreciated.
      THanks,
      James

2 Answers Mar 1, 2011 at 8:03 PM
    • expatbangkok's Profile Photo

Bus from Udon to Vientiane

Vientiane Sep 21, 2010 at 11:59 PM

Has anybody got an update on the bus service from Udon to Vientiane? I know there is a website, but that does not have much info such as transit time, convenience etc.

2 Answers Sep 30, 2010 at 1:09 AM
    • Twooldies's Profile Photo

Vientiane to Luang Prabang

Vientiane Aug 25, 2010 at 9:02 AM

Our 4 week journey will start in Bangkok and we plan to travel to Vientiane by overnight train just for the experience, in Feb 2011.

Once in Laos is it worth travelling by coach from V to LP? Some suggestions are that it is such a long journey that it should be done overnight. As we would be doing this to see the country instead of flying over it this rather defeats the object we think. However, as I suffer from vertigo might it be better to fly? Suggestions from your experiences please.

4 Answers Sep 5, 2010 at 3:36 AM
    • stop over

Vang Vieng May 15, 2010 at 8:17 PM

I am planning a stop over in van veing but can only find two places listed the backpackers and Babylon guest house with horror reveiws...is there no other places?

6 Answers Jul 31, 2010 at 9:57 PM