Khoueng Oudomxai

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Festival opinions, visa complexities

Laos Oct 4, 2015 at 8:24 AM

Hi - This will also be posted in the Thailand forum. Certain have been following my decision making process - rahter complex. I want to visit the region for several months, and decided to arrive either in Bangkok (big hub, better cheaper air tickets) or Laos (no visa or return/ongoing ticket issue). I plan to travel soon, mid October. Just trying to make a decision! Both countries present special festivals - my focal point, my passion - in October and November. However, in terns of air tickets, Bangkok is the obvious choice, even if I go on to Laos right away. On October 27 there is the Ok/Awk Phansa festival, celebrated in both countries. However it looks much better - according to my internet research - in Laos. This is annoying, because there is the Loi Krathong celebration November 25 in Thailand - very special. So I would have to go to Laos then back to Thailand. Also, arriving in Thailand I would only have 30 days, so I could not witness Ok Phansa in Thailand then just stay on for Loi Krathong. Does anyone have an opinion about these various festivals? Also, if I arrive in Thailand, and leave after a week (maximum) then I would have to either get a visa in Laos t o return or be subject oto the 15 day land entry visa? However that would be a re-entry and I might not be qualified for a visa exemption on re-entry? (American) Even if I have say three weeks left on the first entry? All rather complicated, Help! thanks! :)

• land cross board

Laos Oct 2, 2015 at 11:37 PM

I am Indian ,want travel from India to Myanmar,Laos,Vietnam,Cambodia , Bangkok by surface so Please advise about entry board Transport all country .

• transportation to Kong lor cave

Vientiane Sep 29, 2015 at 1:00 AM

How much is a car with a driver from Vientiane?

• s.j86's Profile Photo

1 week in Laos

Laos Sep 9, 2015 at 9:52 AM

I'm planning to visit Laos on my way from China to Thailand. Need to know the places I should visit. I want to relax and see the things which can be seen specially in Laos.
      Also, should I go by air or by road? Is there any train or bus from any part of China to Laos?
      How much time does it take from any part of Laos, like capital, to Bangkok by road?

• Entry visa requirements

Laos Sep 28, 2015 at 1:34 PM

Hi - Some of you I have spoken to on the Thailand forum might see this, and answer. I am far from any embassy or consulate and don't want to send in my passport. I want to travel in the region and I chose Bangkok as probably the cheapest air ticket from Europe. However I would like to remain free and keep things simple - I would come on a one way ticket, and I have just researched the visa requirements. I see nothing said about a return ticket being required, or proof of ongoing travel. Is this correct? Which is the best airport to fly into, price wise? thanks for the replies!

Popular Khoueng Oudomxai Travel Answer Locations