Travel Answers
Khoueng Louangphrabang

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• transport for 6 person 1 child from Vientiane to Laung Prabang.

Luang Prabang Apr 7, 2014 at 7:37 PM

where to get the transport service? via online can ah? which website? how is the cost??

more
    • Bus trip from Luang Prabang to Vietiane

Luang Prabang Apr 9, 2014 at 8:58 PM

How safe is the bus trip?
      We are going to do this trip around the end of May. I have read a lot of comments on this route and I am not sure how to rate it. The mud slides, the winding road and the steep drops, the break downs and delays are a little nerve wracking for someone who doesn't like mountain roads. I am also a little anxious about the aviation safety. Yes, I could stay home. But I just want to get the most recent traveller's information to access what to expect. From that I shall make a call to see this amazing country (from all accounts).

more

Popular Khoueng Louangphrabang Travel Answer Locations

• Bus trip from Luang Prabang to Vietiane

Luang Prabang Apr 9, 2014 at 8:58 PM

How safe is the bus trip?
      We are going to do this trip around the end of May. I have read a lot of comments on this route and I am not sure how to rate it. The mud slides, the winding road and the steep drops, the break downs and delays are a little nerve wracking for someone who doesn't like mountain roads. I am also a little anxious about the aviation safety. Yes, I could stay home. But I just want to get the most recent traveller's information to access what to expect. From that I shall make a call to see this amazing country (from all accounts).

6 Answers Apr 10, 2014 at 5:38 AM
    • transport for 6 person 1 child from Vientiane to Laung Prabang.

Luang Prabang Apr 7, 2014 at 7:37 PM

where to get the transport service? via online can ah? which website? how is the cost??

1 Answer Apr 8, 2014 at 12:51 AM
    • Stray dogs?

Luang Prabang Mar 6, 2014 at 3:55 AM

Hi there,

I will be visiting Luang Prabang for two weeks from late March to early April. This trip is quite spontaneous so I do not have enough time to get the pre-exposure rabies vaccinations. I am a little bit worried going to LP without the pre-exposure rabies vaccinations because I understand the human rabies immunoglobulin for post-exposure treatment may not be readily available.

So I am wondering - are dog bites quite common in LP? Are there many stray dogs around? And, if the family at the guesthouse where I will be staying has a dog, which is unlikely to be rabid, is it still a good idea to stay away from it?

Thank you for your advice in advance.

Best regards, JT

4 Answers Mar 6, 2014 at 2:37 PM
    • morsecode54's Profile Photo

Best time to visit Mount Phousi

Luang Prabang Jan 1, 2014 at 9:26 AM

I intend to visit the mount middle of January, but am warned about the crowds there. Is it better to go at sunrise or sunset? Thanks in advance,

3 Answers Jan 6, 2014 at 10:32 PM
    • transport from OudomXai to Muang Ngoi Neua

Muang Ngoi Dec 29, 2013 at 6:40 AM

Hello,
      I am planning to travel from OudomXai to Muang Ngoi Neua.
      Do you know if there is a bus going that way ?
      Otherwise, I would take the bus to Muang Khua and then the boat to Muang Ngoi Neua. But it seems the boat leaves from Muang Khua only in the morning, is there a chance to find a boat around 1 pm ?
      Thanks for your help

1 Answer Dec 29, 2013 at 9:05 AM
    • frankie8889's Profile Photo

Luang Prabang visit for 3 nights in Jan 2014

Luang Prabang Dec 21, 2013 at 11:57 PM

Merry X'mas and Happy New Year,

My wife and me will be in Luang Prabang 09.01.14 afternoon for 3 nights, any recommendation for places to visit on 10th and 11th as we will take our time to walk around the city upon our arrival on the 9th.

Thank you for your advice.

Warmest Regards,
      Frankie W

3 Answers Jan 6, 2014 at 6:45 PM
    • morsecode54's Profile Photo

Luang Prabang to Vientiane by Road

Luang Prabang Dec 17, 2013 at 6:59 PM

I intend to do the overland trip from LP to Vientiane in January. Need advice on two matters:
      (1) How long is the travelling distance and what are the road conditions like?
      (2) How many hours will it take if I travel in a minivan?
      Would appreciate any advice given.

4 Answers Dec 18, 2013 at 12:21 AM
    • razzledazzle19's Profile Photo

Slow Boat to Luang Prabang

Luang Prabang Feb 28, 2013 at 3:55 PM

I am planning on heading to LP from Chiang Mai and someone suggested getting to the border from Chiang Mai and then getting a slow boat down the Mekong to LP with one stopover along the way....any advice on this would be appreciated...

11 Answers Mar 5, 2013 at 2:41 AM
    • Sharing minivan to Vientiane

Luang Prabang Dec 16, 2012 at 4:43 PM

if anyone is interested in sharing a minivan to Vientiane for an earlybdeparture Thursday Dec 20 please let me know. We are two people and capacitybis apparently for nine.
      idea will be to stop to,see a few sites on the way with late evening arrival in vientiane
      doug

1 Answer Feb 22, 2013 at 10:16 AM
    • Bring US$ to Laos

Luang Prabang Jul 25, 2012 at 7:27 AM

Hello all, a friend of mine will be visiting Laos and is wondering if there is a restriction/limit on the amount of US$ that she can take into Laos. I thought there is no limit. I don't remember seeing a question about how much money one has on the enter/depart form that needs to be filled out before entering the country. Can anyone help me with this question? Thank you very much.

5 Answers Jul 28, 2012 at 9:17 AM
    • Siem reap to Luang Prabang

Luang Prabang May 23, 2012 at 7:24 PM

We're going to Siem Reap and onto Laos in October and want to know the best way to get from SR to either Pakse or Luang Prabang. Airfares are expensive so are there any alternate methods that aren't too time consuming or uncomfortable?

3 Answers May 24, 2012 at 5:03 PM
    • abs87's Profile Photo

Spicylaos bacpackers

Luang Prabang May 9, 2012 at 11:58 PM

Hi all, myself and a friend will be arriving in luang prabang on the 2july and staying for 3 nights we want to stay at spicylaos backpackers but can't seem to find any online booking for it. Can anyone recommend the best way to book, we have been recommended this place by our friends so pretty keen on getting in there!

Thanks in advance!
      Abbie

3 Answers May 12, 2012 at 1:36 AM
    • Renting apartment for a few months / visa

Luang Prabang Feb 11, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Hello I've tried to find some information on that in one of the forums but wasn't successful, so, sorry if I post anew and missed older posts. I am planning on going to Luang Prabang for 4 or 5 months and wonder if anyone can tell me about apartments that would be available for rent or maybe houses. I'm hoping to find something inexpensive, does not need to be a villa, just clean with cooking possibility, bathroom w/hot shower and internet connection, maybe TV.

Staying for that long, can someone tell me if I'd have to renew my visa every month or can I get one that is valid for more than 30 days? Thank you for your feedback

5 Answers Feb 25, 2012 at 1:38 AM
    • dennisberry's Profile Photo

Coconut Balls - Luang Prabang street food

Luang Prabang Feb 2, 2012 at 3:58 PM

We were in Luang Prabang last November. The street food is fabulous! They make some coconut balls that are fried in a special pan. I'm trying to make them at home. One person told me that they were coconut milk, sugar, and sticky rice powder (for thickening), but I have no idea what the proportions are or how to cook them. Does anyone know? I think they may also be called "canome cope" but I can't verify that. Any help with the recipe would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Dennis

3 Answers Feb 5, 2012 at 8:44 AM
    • southhams's Profile Photo

Luang Prabang - Chiang Mai

Luang Prabang Sep 27, 2011 at 2:45 PM

My girlfriend and I will be needing to get from Luang Prabang to Chiang Mai at the start of January and are looking to travel by slow boat. Can anyone tell me if it is as easy to go upstream from Luang Prabang to Houay Xai/Chiang Khong as it it to go downstream from KX/CK to LP? Does it take significantly longer? I am struggling to find much info about doing the trip this way...

Sames goes for buses from Chiang Khong to Chiang Mai.

Any help would me much appreciated!

Thanks.

2 Answers Jul 9, 2012 at 1:22 AM
    • Hotel with Good Wi Fi?

Luang Prabang Jun 25, 2011 at 2:13 PM

Can anyone recommend a hotel with a good and fast (for Luang Prabang) wi fi Internet connection? Also Internet cafe suggestions. Thanks!

Dave

1 Answer Sep 28, 2011 at 2:05 AM
    • Vaccinations and Mosquitoes

Luang Prabang Oct 11, 2010 at 11:57 PM

Hi - anyone who has been to luang prabang - was it compulsory for you to have immunisations and what did you have to have? Did you have to show proof at the airport or border by way of certificates? What about all the mosquitoes - this sounds corny I know, but I've been reading about malaria in south asia and need to know whether there are zillions of mosquitoes as sites say. thanks in advance for your reply(ies).

6 Answers Oct 12, 2010 at 8:43 AM
    • stamporama's Profile Photo

Cost of ride to Pak Ou caves

Luang Prabang Oct 5, 2010 at 9:54 PM

I read that transport to the caves could be either by boat or tuktuk/jumbo. May I know how much would a tuktuk/jumbo cost and how long will the trip take from LP?

3 Answers Oct 10, 2010 at 3:10 AM
    • gopeace's Profile Photo

Vientiane to Luang Prabang

Luang Prabang Jul 20, 2010 at 10:05 PM

Dear all,

Would like to know why August is a peak season to visit Laos?

How is the record of Lao Airlines cancel their flight? If I have the same day flight from Vientiane to Kuala Lumpur, is it recommended to take LP-Vientiane flight on the same day?

Thanks a million :-)

Regards,
      Camellia

1 Answer Jul 21, 2010 at 1:12 AM
    • just another hole in the wall

Luang Prabang May 12, 2010 at 2:42 AM

can I use my australian master card debit card to draw funds in local currency from the wall machines like I do in Thailand - in Luang Prabang?

3 Answers May 12, 2010 at 7:04 PM
    • Freiburg999's Profile Photo

what is the good price fro Bangkok to Luangprang by flight?

Luang Prabang May 1, 2010 at 7:40 PM

Hi,,guys,,,
      please give me a good commend about the flight from Bangkok to Luangprabang ,i never took a flight with the short distance before,,how long it take ? wich airline ?price in thai baht plaese''' how safe is the small airplane?
      if any one done this please let me know and i am verry worry a bout the safty cause i an not travalling alone i have to guide my girlfriend's mother shen is over 6o',,

thank you to all,,
      and respected,,,

8 Answers May 14, 2010 at 4:54 AM
    • Boat security

Luang Prabang Feb 3, 2010 at 3:13 AM

I would like to know about the security on board for boats used to go to Pac OU. Do they have life jacket on board, etc . ?

4 Answers Feb 7, 2010 at 5:27 AM
    • singnomore's Profile Photo

bus to Vientienne from Luang Prabang

Luang Prabang Dec 23, 2009 at 10:22 AM

Anyone has experience taking the bus or know about taking a bus from Luang Prabang to Vientienne?

13 Answers Mar 23, 2011 at 1:22 AM
    • Khamfai's Profile Photo

Luang Prabang - Hanoi by land?

Luang Prabang Nov 11, 2009 at 12:12 PM

Hi all,

I notice that all the internet posts/forum I've seen say it's very painful and nightmare...
      but, still, if I can't really afford it to fly, and if I still have to go to Hanoi from LPB (during New Year).... just wondering if anyone have done any route that takes a night stop-over? (and quite safe for a female to travel alone!)

Thanks so much in advance !!

Khamfai.

6 Answers Nov 13, 2009 at 1:32 AM
    • Waiheke's Profile Photo

Slow boat from Luang Prabang to Houi Xai

Khoueng Louangphrabang Nov 7, 2009 at 1:24 PM

There seem to be two options one nearly three times as much as the other. Has anyone used either and can give some feedback please.

Both seem to offer the same trip, overnight in the same place, Pak Bang / Pakbeng.

1 - Luang Say - Mekong River Cruise, Euro 283
      2 - The Nagi of Mekong, THB.4,600 about Euro 93

To me it seems a no brainer on price but am I missing something?

Thanks

3 Answers Nov 9, 2009 at 11:37 AM
    • watashi's Profile Photo

Nice place to stay during Xmas in Luang Prabang?

Luang Prabang Nov 1, 2009 at 4:41 PM

Hello! We are staying 4 nights during Xmas in LP, and much to our surprise have been finding everything, except really pricey places, booked! Out of desperation, I finally snagged the last room at Riverside Guest house for66USD, but it seems overpriced to us, for what they offer! Anyone know anything about that place? Or have any ideas on another place to stay in case I can cancel this reservation? Thanks for any help! Should have planned earlier I guess!

8 Answers Jan 11, 2010 at 2:56 PM
    • smcm88's Profile Photo

Help! Are there any good Tailors in Luang Prabang?

Luang Prabang Sep 23, 2009 at 1:02 AM

Hello, I will be visiting Luang Prabang in 2 weeks and have heard so much about the wonderful quality of the local silk and cotton. I would very much like to have a tailor made silk suit made while I am there and am wondering whether anyone has any recommendations? Any help much appreciated!

4 Answers Sep 24, 2009 at 1:25 AM
    • Boerresen's Profile Photo

Nong Khiaw near Luang Prabang

Khoueng Louangphrabang Aug 16, 2009 at 9:44 AM

Hope you can help
      I'm wondering if anyone has stayed at Sunset Guesthouse in Nong Khiaw recently – and if so, how was it? It's just that I seem to get the exact same review, no matter how I search the net.
      How's the accomodation, the food, the sanitary conditions, does the internetconnection run smoothly etc. any comments are most welcome.
      Thank you

2 Answers Aug 30, 2009 at 6:44 AM
    • meeow79's Profile Photo

Luang-Prabang th Chiangrai or Chiangmai BY BUS

Luang Prabang Jun 1, 2009 at 5:34 AM

HI there travellers! My partner and I are going from Luang-Prabang to Chiangrai on the 13th of october 2009, does anyone have details regarding (direct)bus, timetable, prices or whatever would be helpfull? What is the fastest way? maybe airplane but "may mee enough neugn!
      All infos are warmly welcome.

Thanks to all

3 Answers Jun 6, 2009 at 2:58 PM
    • syed-arshad's Profile Photo

laos 3N4D

Luang Prabang Feb 11, 2009 at 2:14 AM

If I were to travel to Laos with a very limited time to spare, where should i go? Luang Prabang or Vientiane? considering that i will have only 3 days to spare for Laos.

I had been working on Vientiane all the while but now someone from VT has strongly suggested Luang Prabang ("unesco site", and it would be ver interesting),now i am in two minds.
      thnx in advance

6 Answers Feb 13, 2009 at 12:45 AM