change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• annwag's Profile Photo

Mosquito protection

Namibia Apr 8, 2014 at 7:52 AM

I would like to know your, guys, personal opinion about taking antimalarial drugs while visiting the area Kvango / Okavango this month. I am accustomed with CDC and WHO rules, but I have some medical contradiction to take that kind of medicines so I am a bit anxious. Both are risky for me.
      The second question is about as good as possible repellent avaible in Namibia. There in Poland the efficient repellents are out of reach. Any recommendation?
      Thanks for your time

more

Popular Khomas Travel Answer Locations

• Private Party

Windhoek Jan 14, 2014 at 8:16 AM

Does anyone know of a place for hire for a private teenagers birthday party?

3 Answers Mar 21, 2014 at 5:29 AM
    • Travel Agent

Windhoek Jun 10, 2013 at 1:51 AM

I will be traveling in a few days time to Zimbabwe victoria falls. i would like to get in touch with a travel agent that that can help me get in touch with Royal cultural lodge, 517 jacaranda crescent victoria falls.

4 Answers Jun 10, 2013 at 7:30 AM
    • what to do and getting around in windhoek , swakopmund and walvis bay ?

Windhoek Apr 10, 2011 at 1:22 PM

hi - i have a few days in namibia next month .

any decent museums and attractions , day trips and safe public transportation to see these places

thanks in advance

3 Answers Apr 15, 2011 at 7:20 AM
    • windhoek

Windhoek Mar 16, 2011 at 8:20 AM

we will arrive 0n 20.3.2011 windhoek airport going to pensioen palmquell for 1 night will there being any supermarket or mini market open to buy some water and cookies before starting or trip ? Is this public holiday in namibie ?

Greetings

Liliane

2 Answers Mar 16, 2011 at 11:22 PM
    • lift needed from windhoek to cape town

Windhoek Feb 6, 2011 at 5:27 AM

Anyone driving from Windhoek to Cape Town approx Thurs 17th Feb that I could get a lift with???
      Thanks!
      Abi

• warrug's Profile Photo

Direct flights from London to Namibia?

Windhoek Sep 1, 2010 at 11:50 AM

I always used to fly from Frankfurt but now i need to fly from London, i could have sworn there were direct flights. Have they stopped it? Do you know an airline that goes from London to Windhoek and if not whats the best & cheapest from London to Windhoek?

thank you

2 Answers Sep 5, 2010 at 3:42 AM
    • info required

Windhoek Aug 26, 2010 at 1:43 AM

Can I buy a R300.00 U KASH voucher at shoprite/checkers.
      It must be in South African currency?

• campinggirl's Profile Photo

enroute to Sossusvlei

Windhoek Jul 6, 2010 at 3:03 AM

hello,

My husband and I plan to spend 15 days driving through Namibia. We arrive Windhoek early in the morning, and would like to put a few kms behind us that day. We are looking for a place to stay about 100kms out of Windhoek in the direction of Sossusvlei... any suggestions welcome!

Thank you!

1 Answer Oct 19, 2010 at 7:52 AM
    • nightlife

Windhoek Jul 2, 2010 at 6:41 AM

Would like to know Chez Ntemba operating/business hours.What other are there in Windhoek,Swakopmund?

2 Answers Sep 6, 2010 at 2:09 PM
    • Taxi from International Airport to Safari Hotel

Windhoek May 9, 2010 at 10:56 AM

I'm getting to Windhoek at 7PM and I need to get to the Safari hotel (3 of us).
      Is it safe and easy to get a taxi at the airport?
      How much does it cost?
      Thank you.
      Elisabetta

• sukan's Profile Photo

Windhoek from Jo'burgh

Windhoek Apr 28, 2010 at 9:34 AM

Hi,
      please any tip how to get cheaply from Johannesburg/cape town to Windhoek?

Also any good tip for car rental in Windhoek?

And Etosha trip - 3-5 days?

thanks a lot!

7 Answers Jun 8, 2010 at 11:34 AM
    • MEDICAL

Windhoek Mar 22, 2010 at 1:16 PM

I live in South Africa and have a FEDHEALTH hospital plan and i want to know if it is valid in NAMIBIA.

1 Answer Mar 22, 2010 at 2:09 PM
    • Looking for someone to drive from Windhoek (or Swakopmond) to Opuwo - September

Windhoek Aug 22, 2009 at 12:11 PM

I will be traveling solo in Namibia in September, 2009. I need to drive to Opuwo from either Windhoek or Swakopmond. I am a little flexible with my dates, but ideally I would like to leave on September 10th or 11th and must be back in Windhoek by Sept. 20th. I'm a writer in need of information and a safe traveling companion. I know Africa. I lived in South Africa in the late 90s and have driven extensively through Namibia. I just don't want to do it alone now.

(p.s. - I'm not a kid... woman in my 40s and purely looking for someone to share gas and provide a 'safety in numbers element)

• Joe's Beerhouse

Windhoek May 6, 2009 at 11:57 AM

Im going to be in Windhoek for one night before I embark on a volunteer placement and it sounds like Joe's Beerhouse is the place to go in the evening. I'm a girl travelling alone so wanted to know if its the sort of place I can go on my own? Or will I stick out like a sore thumb??

4 Answers May 23, 2009 at 11:59 AM
    • Cape Town to Windhoek: Your thoughts?

Windhoek Mar 21, 2008 at 1:07 PM

Hi all,

I'm planning to do a self-drive trip from Cape Town to Victoria Falls in June and I have most of it worked out. However, I'm still on the fence about the first eight days of the trip. Below are two itineraries between Cape Town and Windhoek: Can you tell me which one would be preferable? (I don't mind driving, so the longer drive in itinerary #1 isn't a major issue to me.) Itinerary #2 costs about US$300 more (the car is only slightly cheaper; the CPT-WDH flight is about175 per person.)

Itinerary #1

Day 1: Arrive Cape Town 11AM. Table Mountain
      Day 2: Robben Island, V&A Waterfront
      Day 3: Daytrippers Tour to Cape Point
      Day 4: Wandering around Cape Town
      Day 5: Drive to Springbok, SA
      Day 6: Drive to Fish River Canyon
      Day 7: Fish River Canyon
      Day 8: Drive to Sossusvlei

Itinerary #2

Days 1-4 as above.
      Day 5-6: More Cape Town wandering (maybe a Great White breaching tour and/or a visit to the townships?)
      Day 7: Fly to Windhoek
      Day 8: Drive to Sossusvlei

Any information would be useful!
      Thanks!

6 Answers Mar 29, 2008 at 8:58 AM
    • progressdll's Profile Photo

looking for good (half)day guided tours in windhoek

Windhoek May 24, 2007 at 2:58 AM

hi,

we have some extra days in Windhoek before we go to they airport. Are there any good tour that take a day or half a day. visiting culture of Windhoek, or guided tours that show an alternative Windhoek, or any in these lines of interest

thank you

1 Answer May 27, 2007 at 7:30 AM
    • 3 Day Soussouvlei Tour from Windhoek.

Windhoek Aug 6, 2006 at 9:52 AM

I found several company and one of them cheap " Wild Dog and Crazy Fudu "
      for 3 day Soussouvlei desert tour for N 2000. But they are full.

I need to go for this 3 day tour from 10 Aug 2006.
      Does anybody know a travel agency or tour company for this 3 day Soussouvlei tour from Windhoek? For a reasonable price?

I am in Victoria Falls now. Replies or E-mail to Graysky112@hotmail.com
      Any help will be so good. Any tip with this tour.
      Thank you.

2 Answers Aug 8, 2006 at 12:45 AM
    • rozh4life's Profile Photo

HEY DOES ANYONE HERE GO TO WINDHOEK INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL??

Windhoek May 26, 2005 at 11:18 AM

hey sorry does anyone go to windhoek international school? if u do then email me on rozh4life@hotmail.com.
      i used to live in namibia about 4 years ago and i was in that school....
      im trying to get my friends emails coz i really miss them and i would appreciate anyone from that skool to try and help me get their email. :D
      luv raz xxx

• peace_prevails's Profile Photo

Travel-Share CapeTown, JoBerg to Namibia return (or some part thereof)...

Windhoek Feb 25, 2005 at 5:51 PM

This is Jeff in New Zealand. I am looking for someone to share petrol/car rental costs with on a trip to Namibia near early September 2005. I have an open plane ticket, so I could meet up in Jo-Berg, Capetown or Windhoek and then do some touring. Please send me an email if you'd like to discuss.
      Warmest regards,
      Jeff.

• ATM personal identification numbers in Namibia

Windhoek Feb 17, 2005 at 10:03 PM

Does anyone know the number of digits in one's PIN that Namibian ATM machines require? Thanks in advance, John

2 Answers Feb 19, 2005 at 11:03 AM
    • what to wear in upscale hotel/resturants??

Windhoek Jan 17, 2005 at 6:28 PM

I am travelling in 5 days to Windhoek and staying at the Windhoek Country club or the hotel safari. I am not sure what to wear?? I have only found websites telling me what to wear on safari. I want to blend in and not over dress or under dress. Can someone help me? I don't know what "elegant casual" is?? Thank you so much Sherese

2 Answers Feb 19, 2014 at 3:31 PM
    • Searching for Kerstin Geier

Windhoek Oct 23, 2004 at 6:37 PM

I have just returned from Windhoek to my home in the US (Naples, FL). My email is: danavannoy@earthlink.net. I saw some watercolors done by Kerstin Geier in our guesthouse: The Hilltop House. I want to contact Kerstin because I would like to have one of her watercolors -- particularly of oryx. I hope she will see this or someone will help us connect with one another. I loved being in Namibia -- a vibrant country. Please let me know how to be in touch with K. Geier. Thanks. D. Vannoy

1 Answer Feb 19, 2014 at 3:31 PM
    • christine.j's Profile Photo

Thank you all for your good advice

Windhoek May 6, 2004 at 2:08 AM

Hello, I want to thank everybody who gave me information concerning my daughter's trip to Namibia.It really helped.My daughter is back in Germany now. She had a very interesting time in Namibia. The first part of her stay was working in schools and an orphanage, then before flying back she went to Etosha, just as a tourist, a wonderful experience. So, thanks again. Christine

2 Answers May 8, 2004 at 1:00 PM

best way to phone?

Windhoek Feb 15, 2004 at 7:06 AM

Hello, I have yet another question concerning my daughter's trip to Namibia. What's the best way to phone home to Germany from Namibia? Does anybody know, if a cell phone(text message) works? However, I suppose it would be very expensive. Can you buy a phone card to use at a public phone? Or are there internet cafés to send e-mails? I suppose that's a typical "mother's question" but I would like to get in touch with her from time to time. Thanks for any reply. Christine

5 Answers May 2, 2004 at 4:26 AM

What kind of currency to bring?

Windhoek Feb 7, 2004 at 5:47 AM

Hi, my daughter will be flying to Windhoek at the end of February. The bank told us only 500 Namibia Dollar can be brought into the country. Could anybody tell us if traveller cheques are a good alternative? Better in Euro or better in US? Are there ATMs that accept VISA? My daughter will be staying for about 7 weeks, first doing voluntary work at an orphanage, then driving up to Etosha, so she'll need some money. Thank you very much for your help. Christine

4 Answers May 2, 2004 at 4:34 AM
    • bushbaby's Profile Photo

taxi cost

Windhoek Jan 28, 2004 at 8:19 AM

how much will a taxi cost to go from the Windoek Airport to the Safari Hotel? and is there an ATM at the airport or will the taxi take Pounds or US dollars?

1 Answer Feb 25, 2004 at 6:03 AM
    • TRANSPORTATION FROM AIRPORT TO WINDHOEK

Windhoek Dec 9, 2003 at 6:42 AM

What is the most inexpensive transportation from the international airport to the Rivendell Guesthouse in Windhoek?

3 Answers Jun 1, 2004 at 4:40 AM
    • Soili's Profile Photo

One day in Windhoek..

Windhoek Feb 1, 2003 at 1:06 PM

Hello! I will have one day to spend in windhoek. I'm not sure if I can goa and disappear from my travelling companion (or with him) because there'll be some people waiting for us. What is the best place of Windhoek to see, in your opinion at daytime? What about the night time - any REALLY spectacular places? It'll be all very spectacular, don't get me wrong, but just something-- really, really the best you love in Windhoek... Regards

8 Answers Nov 22, 2004 at 8:30 PM
    • valeriefoulquier's Profile Photo

clothing in namibia

Windhoek Jan 28, 2003 at 7:30 AM

hello !! I'm going to Namibia (windhoek swp, etosha, walvis bay and so on in february. I can't figure out if I have to take very light clothing for hot hot summer or warm garment at night ? how cold and how warm is it ? thank you ! have a nice day valerie

3 Answers Feb 25, 2004 at 6:08 AM
    • looking for Post Office in Windhoek

Windhoek Jan 14, 2003 at 3:18 AM

Hello, I'm looking for an email address of Postal Office in Windhoek. Really, I'm looking for a girl. Her name is Quellery (or something like that). She said she works at the Post office in Windhoek. She gave me a lift in her car with her family… She is a black girl, young, about 25 years old (I think). Now I’d like to contact her again, but I don’t have her email address or any number… I don’t know how to do to try to find her. Please, if you can help me in finding this girl or give me some hints about the way how to do for it, I would be VERY grateful to you indeed. Thank you very much, best regards, Giovanni Email: gio54374@hotmail.com

1 Answer Jun 29, 2003 at 1:11 PM