Khewra Travel Answers

change location

more question

by suikang Online Now Feb 16, 2007 at 4:21 PM

I can't find any commercial (non-VIP) airport to go to Khewra. please tell me what is the best way to go there. should I arrange hotel before i leave or I can simply find the regular, not five stars hotel when I am there? do I have to speek local language? etc.
thanks

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • besal's Profile Photo

RE: more question

by besal Online Now Feb 17, 2007 at 2:14 AM

Khewra salt mines are approx. 2-3 hours drive from Lahore or Rawalpindi on the motor way. The last I know there are no airports around. So you will probably have tro drive either from Lahore or Rawalpindi. Best would be to rent a car with a driver who can speak in english.

Mines are open Monday-Saturday 0900-0400 pm. You can also purchase various artifacts that were made using these salts.

In and around you can also visit various Hindu temples/sites in Ketas which is also close by.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • imranthetrekker's Profile Photo

RE: more question

by imranthetrekker Online Now Feb 18, 2007 at 9:38 AM

As besal's mentioned in his message that there's not even a domestic airport in Khewra so you can take a car from Lahore or Islamabad, make a day trip and back, that's possible.

Ciao,

• RE: RE: more question

by suikang Online Now Feb 22, 2007 at 9:39 PM

thank both of you, I see the flight to Lahore and Islamabad,not Rawalpindi. to Islamabad looks a little cheaper. is that Islamabad further? I have a stupid question, is that save there to travel? is that hard to find someone to speak English? is that really cold there. I would like to know all these "regular" question as a person never been there.
    Thanks alot for help
    suikang

• RE: RE: more question

by Timeline Online Now Mar 6, 2007 at 6:01 AM

Hi, Suikang,

Islamabad is two hours from Kheowra. It is the the begining of summer summer now. You can opt a day trip from Islamabad. Details are at visitpakistanonline.com/dayT...
    Cheers!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines