Khett Svay Rieng

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Border/visa

Cambodia 22 hours ago

I foolishly bought a flight to Myanmar without checking the criteria for a visa beforehand.

I have 5 months left on my passport instead of the required 6 and have no time to wait for a new passport as I live in Cambodia.

Is there a sort of 'tax' I can pay at the border to ensure entry? I have heard the airport is fairly lenient about some things and since I am only staying for two days I was hoping they would see their way clear to accepting some sort of on the spot payment.

If I do not at least try then I will lose the money for my flight.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

PS...I do not need to have my own foolishness reiterated to me :)

more
    • vpas's Profile Photo

Is this a sensible Itinerary?

Cambodia Dec 1, 2014 at 4:39 AM

I am planning to do a 6 days trip in January along with some friends of mine to Cambodia. This is our itinerary--
      Day1 Arrival at Phnom Penh
      Visit Wat Phom temple; walk along river Mekong
      Day 2
      Visit Tuol sleng Prison, royal palace, silver pagoda and national museum
      Day 3
      travel by road from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap
      Day 4
      Visit Banteay Srey, Walk along Khmer villages in Pheam Pradak, See Palm sugar processing; Pirasat Kravan, Siah Srang; Banteay Kdei, Ta Pholm
      Day 5
      Angkor Thom
      Visit all places near South Gate
      Bayon Temple, Ankorwat temple
      Sunset from Phom Bakheng Hills
      Day 6
      Visit Crong Kneas Village
      Boat ride to Tonle sap
      Go to airport after lunch.

Please also let me know
      1. Is it possible to get vegan food in Cambodia?
      Any other suggestions would be gratefully appreciated.
      Thanks,
      Seetha

more
    • Mikebb's Profile Photo

High Tea Venues

Siem Reap Dec 9, 2014 at 2:17 AM

We will be in Siem Reap for 4 nights early Feb and I would like to take my wife to a first class hotel or other venue that provides British Style High Tea.

Would also consider any venue providing a Traditional Cambodia High Tea.

When in Bangkok we have visited the Grand Hyatt Erawan Hotel that provides a Thai High Tea ( afternoon), traditional Thai Food. We will revisit in Feb after we depart Siem Reap.

Would appreciate any restaurants ( mid range price & good food) in Siem Reap for evening meals, our hotel is walking distance from Pub Street.

more
    • another visa question

Cambodia Dec 5, 2014 at 11:33 PM

Hi, I'm a UK citizen planning Avery last minute trip to Asia, Thailand, can odia, possibly Laos and Vietnam. I think it's probably best to get an evisa for Cambodia as saves hassle but I'm not sure if our port of entry. I'm sure I read on their website that you can make amendments but I can't fund that link anymore so wo ndeed if anyone knew about this and whether you have to pay again? Also any tips for a slightly classier place in cambodia for new year?
      Thanks!

more
    • Laserone's Profile Photo

Visa upon arrival?

Cambodia Dec 14, 2014 at 2:18 AM

Hi ! ~ Am flying to Siem Reap: do I need to prepare something ahead for the visa upon arrival or can i do it all once landed? Price? Formalities?
      thanks!

more

Popular Khett Svay Rieng Travel Answer Locations