Kherson Travel Answers

change location

how to get from odessa to kherson

by fernandicolimonta Online Now May 31, 2009 at 4:07 PM

yes hello I'm going to kherson in the next month, my flight will arrive in odessa, but the thing that is getting to me is how do I get from odesso to kherson, is there a bus station, I understand that its about 150 km from odessa so I need to know if there is a way to book a servie to get to kherson in the internet or do i have to go and do it in person, and what are usually the rates to get from odessa to kherson

thank you for your time

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Re: how to get from odessa to kherson

by bilboho Online Now May 31, 2009 at 8:56 PM

hi. It's been a while since i lived in Ukraine. But there is definitely a bus from Odessa to Kherson. You will need to get to the bus terminal and then buy it there. I highly doubt you could get it online. I imagine buses run fairly often, but I couldn't tell you what hours. Another option might be a marshrutka - which is essentially a van and goes faster than the bus, and usually runs when they get enough people. You might find one of those at the train station, but you'll have to ask around. And, the prices for buses are not expensive. I bet it would be 5 - 10 dollars...but like i said, i've not taken that route in a long time.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • taurean_traveller's Profile Photo

Re: how to get from odessa to kherson

by taurean_traveller Online Now Jun 1, 2009 at 3:32 AM

I agree with Pikine there are many min-buses at the terminal.
    I would add one small tip.
    Generally when we get the mini bus they charge us for our suitcase as it takes up space.
    Last time they charged us for suitcase same price for one person
    Buses normally stop for a "comfort break".
    And at this time of the year it will be very warm in the mini bus even with windows open.

• Re: how to get from odessa to kherson

by fairlie Online Now Apr 11, 2010 at 11:19 PM

Hello,
    I am planning a trip from Odessa to Kherson in Sept or Oct.
    Are you still available for help if I need ?
    Thanks

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Kherson