Kherson Travel Answers

change location

Kherson Women and Travel thier and are they Pro Western?

by tankblop5 Online Now Dec 2, 2004 at 10:32 AM

Hello People in the Forum,,,I may travel to Kherson Ukraine in January or Febuary for a very nice girl I have met on a bride agency that I am a member of. Hopefull things will click with us and I will bring the paper work to get her started on her K-1 Fiancee visa so that she can come to me in America in a few months.But of coarse that means going up to Kiev were the US Embassy is located. But as everyone is aware of ,,the country is in Politial Unrest due to the allegations that the election was corrupted and fraundulant..As seen in the news certain cities remain supportive of Kremlin backed influence as other cities favor Pro Western thinking. Does anyone know if Kherson will follow Democratic reform to follow Western Influence or are they Industrial thinking and will follow Kremlin hardliners?? If they are Kremlin hardline thinkers ,will my welcome by the Ukrainians in Kherson be warm, or will they be cold and hostile towards me when I arrive? Rember I am from America so I could be looked at as a symbol of Western Influence.???? Thanks Matt

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • balfor's Profile Photo

Re: Kherson Women and Travel thier and are they Pro Western?

by balfor Online Now Dec 2, 2004 at 12:07 PM

Matt, I don't know the region and which way that area leans, but I have met several Ukranians and I don't think that you will have any problems as far as anti-western feelings go. They may not want their country to have closer dealings with the west, but all of the Ukranians I have met have been very nice and friendly. It is in the slavic nature (so I am told and have seen) for people to be a bit aloof when they first meet you, but once you are admitted to their circle of friends, they are very warm and caring people. Remember, there is a big difference between how the people of two nations interact when they are together and the way 2 governments react towards each other!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Kherson Women and Travel thier and are they Pro Western?

by o_lesya Online Now Dec 8, 2004 at 2:59 AM

Hi Matt, I do agree with the previous posting. I am originally from Kherson and I've visited my family that still lives there just recently. People there are not as loud as in Kyiv (where I live now), but they are very friendly and the majority of young and middle-age people are pro-democratic. There are still some old communist babushkas left, but they are of no danger for you ;-) As for your worries about being "a symbol of Western Influence" - just go to John Hovard Pub and feel like at home :-) Alesya

• drpault2's Profile Photo

Re: Kherson Women and Travel thier and are they Pro Western?

by drpault2 Online Now Dec 13, 2004 at 11:06 AM

I was in Ukraine in September... And... I will be returning in late-December. Tonight--i am flying to Budapest! then...Serbia... then...Romania... then...Ukraine! (late-Dec through mid-Jan) Paul email me for updates along the way! drpaultravel@yahoo.com www.travelpod.com/members/drpaultravel photos.yahoo.com/drpaultrave...

• Re: Kherson Women and Travel thier and are they Pro Western?

by Moparman Online Now Dec 15, 2004 at 9:09 PM

I am planning to travel there in the Spring, hopefully in March or April. I too have seen all the pictures of political unrest, but it would seem to me that the protesters are protesting the Pro-Russian Ukrainian government, and their numbers are huge. Besides, the former Soviet Union has funded the American Communist Party and Russia continues this tradition to this very day; funny that you never hear about that! I hope Kherson and Odessa are as I hope... Perhaps it may not tell the customs guy at the airport that I am here to "oggel all the fine women". I do wish you luck and I hope your girlfriend turns out to be perfect for you. I have a good friend that is married to a girl from Kherson and they are inseperable! Hmmm... perhaps I should look for a wife there too. Did I say 'inseperable'? I ment inseperable and totally hot!!!!! :-)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Kherson