Khartoum

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Nikon Shop in Khartoum

by Mosafer99 Online Now Mar 21, 2014 at 5:59 AM

Hello, is there a NIkon shop in Khartoum? If yes, do they reach DSLR cameras?

Duško, Slovenia

• Applying for a Visa

by Mitchell-Claxton Online Now Mar 4, 2014 at 3:49 AM

hi
      Does anyone know how to apply for a Visa. The last time I went to Sudan it was done through the Hotel I stayed at, although this time I plan to stay somewhere else. I have a sponsor in the Sudan, but they don't know what they have to do.

5 Answers Mar 9, 2014 at 1:48 PM
    • Apartments in Khartoum

by Mitchell-Claxton Online Now Mar 4, 2014 at 3:40 AM

Hello

I am planing on going to Khartoum in June for about 4 months. Does anyone know anyone know any apartments or hotels I would be able to book for this period? All the hotels seem to be quite expensive.

1 Answer Mar 4, 2014 at 11:49 AM
    • help with visa

by ishy Online Now Feb 13, 2014 at 9:14 AM

Hi everyone

I need some help and advice.

I am british and living in UAE encountering problems finding anyone who can supply a visa quickly.

I need to try and get to Khartoum within a week.

I know it is a long shot, but the sudan embassy here told me that you can send a person that knows you in Khartoum to the ministry of interior who send you to the ministry of foreigners or ajanib, apparently these guys can get a you a visa quickly?

Also there are agencies that do it there in Khartoum for you, I do have a contact in Khartoum but we don't know of the agencies.

Can anybody please help?

Thanks so much in advance.

2 Answers Feb 13, 2014 at 2:28 PM
    • Hotel stay

by ishy Online Now Jan 21, 2014 at 10:23 AM

Can anyone tell me what the situation is with unmarried expat couples staying in hotels in Khartoum? We are planning a short stay.

2 Answers Jan 22, 2014 at 2:06 PM
    • JustinC's Profile Photo

Anyone in Khartoum Jan 16th to 20th?

by JustinC Online Now Jan 1, 2014 at 10:30 AM

Hi Guys, I am arriving on holiday to Khartoum on 16th to 19th Jan 2014. I am staying at the Acropole hotel and plan to visit the Meroe Pyramids on the 18th Jan. I have been quoted 200 USD for a driver and guide to the Pyramids. Does anyone want to join me to share costs? Justin

1 Answer Jan 1, 2014 at 4:14 PM
    • Trying to find my childhood home

by ajtaylor Online Now Nov 24, 2013 at 1:17 PM

I am returning to The Sudan soon for a holiday and want to revisit sites I remember as I child.I lived as a young child in Omdurman in the 1950's and am trying to find the house where I lived. It was near the original radio station that overlooked the Nile, was next door to a school and there was a big house on the corner of the road that we turned up .
      Can anyone help.

5 Answers Dec 8, 2013 at 9:23 AM
    • good gyms in Khartoum?

by eadami Online Now Nov 15, 2013 at 10:12 AM

Hi, I am a gym fan. Which are the best gyms in town? What kind of facilities do they offer?
      Thanks!
      Cheers

2 Answers Dec 8, 2013 at 7:03 AM
    • Furnished apartment in omdurman

by adunni Online Now Jul 7, 2013 at 5:29 PM

please i will like to know of a good furnished apartment for a student in omdurman. a one bedroom apartment preferably. Thanks

• Questions about Khartoum

by allalone Online Now Jun 9, 2012 at 7:31 AM

Hi there,

I'm planning to visit Khrtoum/Umm Durman next July, I have two questions for which I'll be grateful to get answers:

1. Is sailing in the Nile safe enough? Are there boat owners or clubs which are safer than others? I am no swimmer if you know what I'm thinking of.

2. What is the best place to find books of differnt sorts and at the cheapest possible price?

Thanks in advance

2 Answers Jun 12, 2012 at 1:22 AM
    • Immigrating to Sudan

by tufa7 Online Now Apr 9, 2012 at 9:10 PM

Hello all,

I'm planning to immigrate to Sudan within the next couple months inshaAllah and have some vital questions I hope you can assist with:

1. My fiancee (female) is Sudanese, I am not nor do I have any status whatsoever in Sudan - Is there a Marriage visa I will need to get in order to visit and get married in Khartoum? If so, how long does it allow me to visit for and will I have the ability to work?

2. Are there any other documents I will need in order to get married there? Licence? Proof of being Muslim? Birth Certificate etc?

3. Once married, does anyone know the procedure for getting the appropriate papers to then live in work in Sudan?

4. I've checked online and all the apartments advertised seem to be luxury apartments for over1500 USD per month. Where can I find an simple, ordinary, 1 bedroom apartment or studio? Is sharing a flat popular and available in Sudan?

5. What can I expect water and electricity bills to look like on a monthly basis?

6. Is it easy to get a work permit? Usually the employer has to satisfy immigration that they've tried to fill the post locally and regionally before going abroad.

Looking forward to your responses and help!

Cheers,

Tuffa7

6 Answers Apr 10, 2012 at 9:32 AM
    • Anastasia73's Profile Photo

Weekend in Khartoum

by Anastasia73 Online Now Apr 9, 2012 at 11:22 AM

After spending a month in Darfur, I will be going to spend few days in Khartoum.

Anybody could recommend me:
      1. a good beauty salon in Khartoum (spa, manicure, pedicure ...)
      2. a supermarket or shop which sells imported stuff and kind of thai/asian spices
      3. a travel agent / tour operator which offers Khartoum city tour

I would appreciate very much

Thanks!!!

2 Answers Apr 9, 2012 at 11:33 PM
    • ari1974's Profile Photo

Safety of a flight stopover in Khartoum?

by ari1974 Online Now Mar 27, 2012 at 2:58 PM

Our current best route from Kilimanjaro, Tanzania to Los Angeles has a stop in Khartoum. I've read that the current airport in Khartoum has a pretty poor safety record, in addition to the existing state department warnings about the Sudan.
      Anyone have any recent experience stopping over in Khartoum? We wouldn't actually disembark. Any insight into the safety level of the airport? There was mention of an updated airport opening in 2012, but I can't find any information on whether and when that is actually going to happen.

Higher level, are we missing an option in terms of getting from Kilimanjaro back to Los Angeles? I've gone through the various flight searches, and it looks like for the dates we selected that is the only timeline that will work out.

2 Answers Mar 28, 2012 at 10:24 AM
    • JustinC's Profile Photo

Travelling companions wanted for short trip to Khartoum

by JustinC Online Now Mar 5, 2012 at 9:37 AM

Hi Guys, I am travelling to Khartoum for a short break between June 2nd and 5th.
      I plan on seeing the Pyramids of Meroe and doing a City tour of Khartoum. I cannot find anyone who wants to go so if anyone is free then drop me a line. I have booked the Acropole hotel to stay in (No 1 hotel on Trip Advisor). Cheers Justin

2 Answers Jun 30, 2012 at 3:13 AM
    • Visit Berber, Sudan

by Toobi Online Now Dec 30, 2011 at 4:19 AM

Hellow Dears
      I am planing to visit Berber Town in Cement Factories Area. Can I get air conditioned bus from Khatoum to Atbar or Berber.

Second thing about food prices (CocaCola/Bread etc)

Waiting reply.

Thanks

4 Answers Jan 15, 2012 at 12:00 AM
    • Veggy food

by 0808Orion Online Now Oct 22, 2011 at 4:07 AM

Dear Comrades,

I shall be landing at Khartoum by end of Nov2011 and would love to explore the best possible place/s both in terms of cultural as well as to meet interesting people.

Anyone would like to share their views:
      1. How safe is the place, currently?
      2. Any Veg food available?

Regards
      Orion0808

2 Answers Nov 14, 2011 at 3:07 AM
    • A few questions from an outsider travel

by oznztofro Online Now Oct 14, 2011 at 4:56 AM

Next year i shall be taking a journey from Cairo to Khartoum. I have been doing allot of research about Sudan and transportation, visas, permits etc. So i was wondering if anyone could help me answer a few questions.

1. Does anyone happen to know an online pdf file for a Sudan visa form to apply in Cairo. Thing is i prefer to have visa paperwork in my hand before visiting embassy or arriving in the 2nd country

2. How far ahead should i book the Ferry from Aswan to Wadi Halfa? This is a real crucial element of travel in my trip. I need to be on this ferry on a Certain Monday in July. If im not on it then my overland plans to sudan will be stuffed.

Does anyone happen to have any emails or phone numbers i could call up someone and get my name on the booking list

3) I know i register in sudan when i first arrive but do i need some sort of permit to make the trip into Khartoum

4 Apart from the train that leaves weekly from Wadi Halfa is there any other public transport method to get to Khartoum from Wadi Halfa

1 Answer Oct 14, 2011 at 7:26 AM
    • Relocating to khartoum with a young child

by notas Online Now Aug 15, 2011 at 6:05 AM

Hi , I will be relocating to khartoum with a young child in the coming months and wanted to ask for any advice about life in khartoum. I have lived there previously in 2007.

Thank you

5 Answers Nov 10, 2011 at 7:57 AM
    • appartment for a month

by notas Online Now Aug 15, 2011 at 2:20 AM

Hi, does anyone know of a good furnished apartment I could rent in Khartoum for my first month of moving there? I am moving in Khartoum with my one year old.

Thank you

n.

5 Answers Jan 7, 2012 at 5:51 AM
    • LIVING IN SUDAN

by SEKOUISLAM Online Now Apr 30, 2011 at 5:39 PM

WHAT ARE THE PRICES OF NICE APARTMENTS AND HOW FAR DOES THEU.S. DOLLAR GO?

1 Answer Apr 30, 2011 at 9:48 PM
    • jamdam's Profile Photo

Tips from the Khartoum Locals/Expats Please

by jamdam Online Now Mar 19, 2011 at 6:23 PM

Hi All
      I'm new to this forum, but I think I've found the right place to get some helpful information.

I am relocating from Australia to Khartoum in the next couple of months. Planning on staying at least 12 months. I think it will be a culture shock. What do I need to travel there?

Can you please tell me the positives and negatives of living in Khartoum as an expat, the do's and don't as a European female, and how safe it is now to live and work in and the safety projections for the future.

We are planning on travelling the country while there, I believe that some travel is restricted, is this true?

Are there any Aussies on this forum?

I'd appreciate some honest answers.
      Thanks

7 Answers May 31, 2011 at 5:42 AM
    • Relocating to Khartoum with a dog

by cph2kht Online Now Mar 19, 2011 at 12:45 PM

Hi all, I am considering taking a job in Khartoum with an international organization and if that happens I will be moving with my dog, a Boston terrier (not tolerant to extreme heat). I have never lived in Africa, my only experience was a 2-week trip to Ghana and I thought that was allright. I have spoken with a couple of colleagues who have been to Khartoum and they have all discouraged me from taking the job because of their bad impressions of Khartoum. Can anyone give me some basic information as to what I should expect for me and the dog? I understand heat will be an issue for the Boston terrier, but will I be able for example to rent a modern apartment with air-condition? Do landlords accept pets in apartments? Is it safe for a single woman to walk her dog? Will I be able to find a vet easily? Sorry if my questions sound too simple and silly but as I said, I've never been there and have only heard brutally discouraging descriptions of the place. Any feedback is welcome. Thanks in advance.

6 Answers May 31, 2011 at 5:31 AM
    • Engineers-Wife's Profile Photo

Coming to live in Khartoum - Any suggestions/advice will be welcome

by Engineers-Wife Online Now Mar 9, 2011 at 11:14 PM

I will be moving to Khartoum around end April/May with my husband. We currently live in South Africa. Is there any advice you can give me regarding living in Khartoum, ie where to shop, meet people, things to do, what to bring with me. We have both travelled extensively so are sort of aware of what we are coming to but any advice will be very welcome!
      Thank you in advance for your replies (hopefully I will get some!)

6 Answers Mar 10, 2011 at 9:13 AM
    • buying DVD player in Khartoum

by leoniekn Online Now Mar 8, 2011 at 1:39 PM

I am moving to Khartoum for work shortly. Is it possible to buy dvd players there that will read all DVDs - that is from all regions and formats eg PAL etc

• visiting Khartoum soon

by geepickle Online Now Jul 17, 2010 at 12:51 PM

Am thinking of joining my husband in Khartoum,while he works.Is ther much I could do alone for a couple of weeks during the daytime?Are there any tours icould take etc?

2 Answers Aug 5, 2010 at 4:39 AM
    • Shannyamin's Profile Photo

Post Office in Khartoum

by Shannyamin Online Now May 8, 2010 at 2:11 AM

Can anyone plz gimme an idea how to post a letter from Khartoum to India without seeking a courier company DHL etc. I want to send something not very urgent but yet quite imp. and I donot want to spend a 200USD sending a one page letter, that I cud've emailed, but myink signatures are v.v.imp :(
      in case you know the place,pls help..

3 Answers May 14, 2010 at 11:32 AM
    • nuppe's Profile Photo

Into the desert and out of Africa...

by nuppe Online Now Apr 27, 2010 at 2:41 AM

I want to "trace my genes", going from the Greaft Rift Valley to the Middle East and then towards Europe. (still a dream, but...)

The idea is to start in Tanzania and then somehow get to Sudan or Ethiopa. Then if possible include some kind of desert hike and find a way to get to Jordan or possibly Iraq or Syria without using airplane. It's actually a challenge!
      Thank you for any advice.

7 Answers May 1, 2010 at 5:56 PM
    • martamr's Profile Photo

Some advice for students going to Khartoum?

by martamr Online Now Mar 30, 2010 at 4:44 AM

Hi! I'll be going to Khartoum in a few months and I'm trying to get some advice on expenses there, neighbourhoods, student accommodation, arabic courses and so on. Any advice is welcome! Thanks!

7 Answers Jun 8, 2010 at 7:45 AM
    • suhayla's Profile Photo

basketball in khartoum...?

by suhayla Online Now Mar 23, 2010 at 6:12 AM

where can i take basketball lessons and how much will it cost me?

• Khartoum

by sharuna150 Online Now Jan 28, 2010 at 3:32 AM

I have been appointed as a academic manager in a training organisation fopr a year - is it safe to work there?

1 Answer May 18, 2010 at 7:25 AM