Kharkiv Travel Answers

change location
martizhen8's Profile Photo

Monthly Kharkov metro ticket?

by martizhen8 Online Now Jun 25, 2012 at 4:18 PM

Hi, I might be going to Kharkov/Kharkiv in July for 4 weeks, doing a Russian language programme at a university there (I study Russian Studies at university) I've found a hotel at 120UAH a night, guess that's about as cheap as I'll find for somewhere decent? Anyway, the hotel told me the university is only two metro stops away (with one change) I'll be going there (the university) daily Monday to Friday so trying to figure out if it's possible to get a monthly metro ticket and if so where and how and how much does it actually cost?Perhaps someone knows?

If I go I would be staying near Gagarin Avenue/Prospekt Gagarina metro station, are there many supermarkets, cafes, pubs etc around there does anyone know? Is that a relatively central part of the city? Thanks.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Re: Monthly Kharkov metro ticket?

by KharkovElephant Online Now Apr 20, 2013 at 12:48 PM

There are no monthly tickets. Metro costs 2 UAH (in 2013 they will increase to 3 UAH). You can buy a 10 UAH card and fund it with money to avoid lines when buying tickets each time - but thats the only optimization option. No savings.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Kharkiv