Kharkiv Travel Answers

change location

Does anyone know how to get from the railroad station to Hotel Kharkov?

by whoknewbab Online Now Feb 24, 2009 at 9:28 PM

Also if anyone knows what the train departure and arrival times are between Kiev and Kharkov. I am arriving in Kiev and traveling to Kharkov. But I have never been to Kharkov and will not have a translator to help me get from the railroad and the hotel. Thanks... Bob

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • kopvas's Profile Photo

Re: Does anyone know how to get from the railroad station to Hotel Kharkov?

by kopvas Online Now Feb 25, 2009 at 1:05 AM

Hotel "Kharkiv" is right in the city centre on Svoboda sq. (subway stations "Univetrsity" and "Gosprom" both are on the square)- en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:M...
    Railway station is "Vokzal", so as you can see it is only three stops with one line change.
    Trains from Kiev to Kharkiv are numerous:
    Express ones are at 6:33am(arr.12:28) and 17:30(arr.23:20)
    "Good" night ones are at 22:25(arr.6:21am)and 00:40am(arr.10:24)... rest are either don't run every day or quite bad quality of car wagons (but if you still interested in specific time - ask specifically)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Does anyone know how to get from the railroad station to Hotel Kharkov?

by vicooha Online Now Feb 27, 2009 at 4:52 AM

Hello, my name is Victoria. I work for marriage agency www.allukrainebeauties.com and for ap rental agency www.apartments-kharkov.com the prices for our apartments are twice cheaper than in the hotels and they are located in the city center, all nice and modern.
    If you choose to live in the hotel Kharkov, we can organize a transfer for you from railway station to the hotel. It is modern nice car and professional driver. The price is 30 USD
    We can also organize for you interpreter's service if it is needed. The price is 10 USD an hour.
    you can write to us at allbeauty@inbox.ru
    or call cell phone 38 068 6000 901; land line 38 057 714 34 20
    Have a good trip,
    Welcome to Kharkov, Victoria.

• yumyum's Profile Photo

Re: Does anyone know how to get from the railroad station to Hotel Kharkov?

by yumyum Online Now Mar 7, 2009 at 12:19 AM

I took the metro in 2004 and didn't have any problems. It would best to learn the cyrillic alphabet if you don't already know it otherwise it may not be so easy.

• Re: Does anyone know how to get from the railroad station to Hotel Kharkov?

by ukrbutterfly Online Now Mar 11, 2009 at 5:44 AM

I know how to do that.The easiest way is a taxi as you dont know the cirilic. If you still prefer something else i will recommend you the Underground which is called Metro in ukraine. You will be on Pivdennij Vokzal station (Південний вокзал), take the right on the platform and take 2 stops. Radyanska station or Sovetskaya how people call it. on this station you change a train. Lots of people do it so you will see. you go to other platform and catch a train again. its only one way so you will not miss it. Next stop is yours - Universitet. 2 minutes from the hotel.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Kharkiv