• NayanShravan's Profile Photo

Nighlife in Calicut

Calicut Jan 21, 2015 at 12:13 AM

What's it like in Calicut? Is it there?

more
    • shib's Profile Photo

Goa in August

Goa Jan 23, 2015 at 11:59 PM

Planning to visit goa during first or second week of August. Can someone please suggest what activities can be done during this season. Also need suggestion on place to stay.

Regards,
      Shishir

more
    • Nikhilguns1989's Profile Photo

Travelling to India lucknow from Nepal border

Lucknow Jan 21, 2015 at 4:43 PM

What kind of transportation is available from Nepali border Nepalgunj to lucknow what is the charge of transportation and how many hours does it takes ?

more
    • Nikhilguns1989's Profile Photo

Gynecomastia surgery

Lucknow Jan 21, 2015 at 1:58 PM

Best surgen and hospital in lucknow for Gynecomastia surgery

more
    • Things to do.

Goa Jan 12, 2015 at 11:12 PM

I'll be travelling to Goa from 24th till 26th Jan in a group of 6 people.
      Can some one suggest me the best place(s) to stay ?
      Since we're a group of backpackers we are not expecting the place to be glitzy, it should closer to places(bars/restaurants) where locals visit.
      And of course we want to try local Goan curries so please suggest some restaurants as well.
      What we are looking for is a place closest to sea and be more vibrant. I've gone through some blogs recommending Candolim but there are negative reviews as well of the place being chaotic. Any ideas ?

Thanks !

more
    • Is it safe on during Jan 18th 2015 to visit Manali - in reference to rain warning during that time

Manali Jan 12, 2015 at 3:22 AM

I am planning with my wife and 5year old kid during 19th Jan. Read a news report(in chennai) about possible showers during Jan17th. Is it safe? Also is there any travel advisory for tourists nay of you know about against travel during Jan (2015)? Please advice.

more
    • local sight seeing by bus

Kodaikanal Dec 30, 2014 at 5:34 AM

Can you kindly provide details of tour operators in kodaikanal who usually conducts a full/ half day sight seeing tour by bus and charge around 200-300 per adult

more
    • about disc in mumbai

Mumbai Dec 28, 2014 at 7:33 PM

I waana know disc playing good trance nd electric music in mumbai nd can allow stags

more
    • night life in Goa

Goa 8 hours ago

night life in Goa is it same as Pattaya Thailand

more
    • friends for goa

Goa Jan 5, 2015 at 4:38 AM

travelling with my 3 friends to goa from 14 jan to 25 jan.
      anyone interested to join us?

more
    • veg restaurants

Kolkata (Calcutta) Yesterday

which are the nice veg restaurants in kolkatta

more
    • eastrunner's Profile Photo

House Boat Rentals

State of Kerala Jan 15, 2015 at 9:32 AM

Hi there,

We are going to Kerela July for a few days 3 nights, and want to spend a few days in on the backwaters, for a bigger group 12 people, can you please give some 'local' houseboat rental companies. Thanks

Also is this the rainy season?

ER

more
    • beira mar alfran resort baga

Goa Jan 11, 2015 at 5:05 AM

Does anyw know this hotel. If so please let me know what you think. Have heard mixed reviews.

more
    • Houseboat trips from Kochi, kerala

Kochi Jan 17, 2015 at 4:36 AM

Hi. We are three travelers wanting to go on a houseboat trip from Kochi to relax and see the beautiful sights - does anyone have any recomdations recarding this? When and where to order and what to expect! Any suggestions for the duration of the trip? Many thanks in advance!!

more
    • TravelTheWorld4's Profile Photo

Trains and Luggage

India Jan 3, 2015 at 9:57 AM

Is your luggage checked or does it stay with you?
      If checked is it safe?
      What class of train should I consider?
      What train line should I use?

Info
      Traveling from Delhi to Mathura, staying 2 nights.
      Traveling from Mathura to Agra, staying 2 nights.
      Traveling from Agra to haridwar, staying 4 nights.

Thanks,

Steve

more

Train Tickets

India Jan 3, 2015 at 9:48 AM

Should I buy train tickets in advance or on location?

Traveling from Delhi to Mathura, staying 2 nights.
      Traveling from Mathura to Agra, staying 2 nights.
      Traveling from Agra to haridwar, staying 4 nights.

Thanks,

Steve

more
    • price rates

Udaipur Jan 19, 2015 at 11:26 PM

Hii.. we are a group of 10 people.. planning out a lunch partyy.. so how much will the lunch cost at lotus cafe and restaurant???

more
    • Cochin to Varkala

Kochi Jan 13, 2015 at 6:05 PM

Hi, i'm wanting to get a taxi or train from Cochin to Varkala. does anyone know the cost of a taxi, or how i would get there by train?

Thanks

more
    • globet's Profile Photo

Chincholi forest and Chandrampalli Dam

Hyderabad Jan 12, 2015 at 4:59 AM

Hello Everyone. I have just joined the site and excited to be here. I stay in Hyderabad and planing to visit a forest called Chincholi and a Dam called Chandrampalli which are very near to Hyderabad. There are many people who have visited the place for trekking and I have not been able to get any more information about the place apart from the trekking point of view.

My questions to the people who have visited the place are -

1. Is there an accommodation available at that place. I don't want to stay in lodges in Gulbarga, the biggest town nearby.
      2. If yes, then is it good enough for a family and kids?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Regards,

more
    • One Day trip to New Delhi

Delhi Jan 10, 2015 at 7:51 AM

Will reach in Delhi in morning at around 9 am and in night take another train for Dehradun at 11.20 pm. We want to cover the local tourist spot in Delhi during our 12 hrs. stay at capital. Please suggest on below

1) Any budget accommodation nearby New Delhi Railway station to keep our bags and fresh up
      2) Suggest local tourist spots in and around New Delhi Railway station which we can cover till 10 pm in evening

3) Also guide us for local transport we can avail for sightseeing (any package ?) and their likely fare.

more
    • Concern and curiosity

India Jan 9, 2015 at 4:40 PM

Hello, so i have a solo trip booked for 21st of january 2015 to india to pursue a program there. With yhe constant bombardment of terro threats and warnings all over the world including india, and not to mention the constant concern of family members. I would like to know what peoples oppinions or knowledge of south indias (kerala) safety level? I know i will have transfers to and from the airport but I really want to know if i ahould be concerned or not?
      Thank you

more
    • Need help in planning Sikkim trip for 3/ 4 full days

State of Sikkim Dec 29, 2014 at 2:05 PM

Hi
      I plan to visit Sikkim in first week of February 2015.

Have 3 or 4 full days to spend in Sikkim.

Can someone help plan out or advise on places I shall visit if I land on Bagdogra airport on say, Feb 5 afternoon 3 pm around. And want to fly back either Feb 9 or Feb 10, afternoon.

Can I visit Gangtok and Pelling in these 3 or 4 days in a relaxed mode or will it be too less time to squeeze everything within such a time frame.

Can't stay beyond Feb 10 at max.

Please advise soon.

Thank You.

more

Where to go?

India Dec 31, 2014 at 9:28 AM

I am arriving in Delhi on March 2nd and staying there for 3 nights. Then down to Agra on the 5th for 2 nights. The Holi-day festival will be on the 6th.

Where is the best location to experience Holi-day, Agra, Mathura or Vrindavan?

Starting the 7th I will have I will have 6 additional nights to spend somewhere. I am looking at Haridwar and Rishikesh. Any suggestions?

Is the train my best option for travel from Agra to Haridwar? What class would you recommend?

Thanks,

Steve

more
    • water purification

Delhi Jan 6, 2015 at 4:57 PM

do I need to bring a water purification system

more
    • Sikkim travel in feb 1st week..

Gangtok Jan 6, 2015 at 2:22 AM

Hi,

I am new to VT and found it quite helpful for traveller's guide. My maiden trip with my wife to N-E of india is coming up in feb 1st week. I am a lot excited and a bit anxious too about it. Based on my info here and there, I have made the following iteneirary. Can somebody please review/suggest upon it.

31st Jan - Saturday:
      We arrive at bagdogra by 4 PM. Considering that Pelling/ Gangtok both will take atleast 5 hrs to reach, I would like to spend that day at bagdogra and relax so that next day we can start early.

1st Feb - Sunday:
      Start very early to reach Pelling by around 11pm. We would like to spend atleast 2 days in Pelling as we hear that the place is quite beautiful and enjoy mountain views.

2nd Feb - Monday:
      Pelling - local sightseeing, basically staying put in Pelling and not travelling much. If need be, do local sight seeing.
      We have booked Elgin Pandim as I read a lot of good reviews about the hotel.

3rd Feb - Tuesday:
      Start to Gangtok after lunch and I think it takes about 4 hrs to reach here. Apply for permits to North sikkim and spend rest of the day in Gangtok.

4th Feb - Wednesday, 5th Feb - Thursday, 6th Feb - Friday, 7th Feb - Saturday:
      Visit North Sikkim to cover Lachen, Lachung, Yumthang, Gurdongmaar Lake(if lucky), and any other places and reach Gangtok by 7th Feb lunch/ early evening time. Can somebody help me to reach out to a good travel company for this. What would be the cost for a couple for 3N/4D trip. I expect decent arrangements interms of hotel - room heaters, geysers , food quality.

In the event of North Sikkim not being accessible, I would like to do Nathula, Tsongmo Lake, Ravangla, Aritar, Katao and some other places that offer variety and nice scenic experiences and hopefully snow too. My wife is expecting snow regions / snow fall of some sort :)

8th Feb - Sunday:
      We have flight to bangalore at 12:30 in afternoon, so we start from gangtok at around 5 AM.

I know Feb is not the ideal month to visit but I like not so crowded periods and at the same time I am not too a adventurist, So I want some words of wisdom incase some local persons insist that N.Sikkim is still doable. I have been to Ladakh 2 times and have seen 0 degree temperatures but this is first time with wife, so i want it to be a pleasant and memorable with very little risk/adventure.

more
    • yogendrathakur's Profile Photo

meeting in khajuraho

by yogendrathakur Online Now Jul 4, 2014 at 2:38 PM

is anybody coming khajuraho this year

2 Answers Jan 16, 2015 at 2:55 AM
    • JiteshT's Profile Photo

@ khajuraho

by JiteshT Online Now Oct 25, 2013 at 1:14 PM

Who is wandering here in khajuraho

1 Answer Oct 25, 2013 at 3:55 PM
    • pgladu2

by pgladu2 Online Now May 28, 2008 at 8:04 AM

I was in Khajuraho in March and saw a dance program. Could you please identify which folk dance is pictured in each photo?

4 Answers Jul 18, 2014 at 1:30 PM
    • panna national park

by pilates2 Online Now Mar 30, 2006 at 12:08 PM

we will be in Khajuraho for 2 nights. i would like to arrange one day
      in panna national park. is Panna park worth the day. there will be 4 of us
      anyone have any suggestions of how to arrange this ??

thanks

2 Answers Aug 7, 2012 at 3:31 AM
    • do-it-yourself tour north india

by caris15 Online Now Oct 12, 2005 at 2:02 PM

hello,
      i am planning to visit india in december '05. i only have 4-5 days, but i really want to see the Taj Mahal, Jaipur, and Khajuraho, using Delhi as a base.
      Is it possible to do all of this in the limited time that i have?
      Can one book these tours from Delhi?

7 Answers Jul 18, 2014 at 1:56 PM
    • Zisch's Profile Photo

Help needed with trains

by Zisch Online Now Jan 14, 2003 at 4:27 AM

Hallo all! I will be travelling to India in May '03 - not the first time, but the first time in 13 years. I will be travelling with a friend and we are planning the following route: Delhi-Fatehpur Sikri-Agra-Jaipur-Khajuraho-Varanasi-Mussoorie - I know there is no train to Khajuraho and to Mussoorie. I used to travel a lot by bus before and hardly ever by train. Does anyone know if this route is possible by train and what kind of train is advisable? Thanks for your help

6 Answers Apr 21, 2007 at 3:38 PM