Khajuraho Travel Answers

change location

do-it-yourself tour north india

by caris15 Online Now Oct 12, 2005 at 2:02 PM

hello,
i am planning to visit india in december '05. i only have 4-5 days, but i really want to see the Taj Mahal, Jaipur, and Khajuraho, using Delhi as a base.
Is it possible to do all of this in the limited time that i have?
Can one book these tours from Delhi?

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • robine's Profile Photo

RE: do-it-yourself tour north india

by robine Online Now Oct 12, 2005 at 4:22 PM

I'd say that this is JUST possible. There's a flight from Delhi to Khajuraho via Agra, so clearly that's the way to go - 1 night each. Plus a bus, train or car to Jaipur, for another night - probably best the latter. Do it all independently, rather than as a tour.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • aadil's Profile Photo

by aadil Online Now Oct 12, 2005 at 9:01 PM

Khajuraho is definitely worth all the troubles you take to make it there!!! And Agra too but Jaipur will be something that you can leave for another time, I guess!!! Four to five days will be used up in just these three places as you spend one day in Agra and Khajuraho with two for Delhi. Don't book the tours but go on your own as it will be cheaper as well as you will be able to spend time according to your likes and dislikes. Hope you have a nice time there and enjoy your trip!!!

Cheers,
    Aadil.

• RE: RE: do-it-yourself tour north india

by caris15 Online Now Oct 13, 2005 at 12:13 PM

Thanks for the advice, Robine and Aadil!
    Sound like DYI is the way to go! What's the best way to travel from Delhi to Agra (i.e. Taj Mahal - early morning) ->train? bus?
    i guess we'll take the flight to Khajuraho (how much time would one need to have a wander around the temples, take photos, etc.?) can one book the flight in Delhi itself?

• aadil's Profile Photo

RE: RE: do-it-yourself tour north india

by aadil Online Now Oct 13, 2005 at 8:42 PM

>>> Thanks for the advice, Robine and Aadil!
    Sound like DYI is the way to go! What's the best way to travel from Delhi to Agra (i.e. Taj Mahal - early morning) ->train? bus?
    i guess we'll take the flight to Khajuraho (how much time would one need to have a wander around the temples, take photos, etc.?) can one book the flight in Delhi itself?

Well, I think there is a Shatabdi Express Train that will take you to Agra in the early morning and from there you can take the flight to Khajuraho depending on what time it leaves from Agra. You will have to find that out depending on the airline you are flying. You can book the flight in Delhi itself or even on the internet online booking facility for e-ticketing. About the time taken for a look around all the temples I would suggest atleast one whole day from morning to evening with a sound and light show in the evening to end it all!!! Or even a performance of Indian folk dances in the Kandariya Centre for a one hour show that is quite captivating. There are atleast two main complexes that you must see in Khajuraho - the Western group of temples and the Eastern or Jain group of temples. The others are all at different places and situated far away from each other so you may not get a look at all of them in one day. Hope this helps.

Cheers,
    Aadil.

• orchid49's Profile Photo

by orchid49 Online Now Oct 14, 2005 at 5:01 AM

I will go to India also in Dec05 for 10days. Delhi-Varanasi-khajuraho-Jaipur-Agra-Delhi. The tour has been arrnaged by a welknown travel agent in Delhi " Sita Trail India ". You can contact them. Be careful for Domestic flights as mine is still on the waiting list despite booking made 5 months ahead.You can get infor by e-mail attention Mr. Pankaj.
    "Pankaj"

He can quote you the price accordingt o the itinerary you want.

• Re: do-it-yourself tour north india

by Ajay44001 Online Now Aug 7, 2012 at 3:23 AM

Well I think 4 to 5 days are sufficient if you have proper planning first of all you have to visit Taj Mahal then after whichever is near jaipur or Khajuraho .from agra to khajuraho it is around 650 Km you need to decide where to go..

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines