Khajuraho Travel Answers

change location
Zisch's Profile Photo

Help needed with trains

by Zisch Online Now Jan 14, 2003 at 4:27 AM

Hallo all! I will be travelling to India in May '03 - not the first time, but the first time in 13 years. I will be travelling with a friend and we are planning the following route: Delhi-Fatehpur Sikri-Agra-Jaipur-Khajuraho-Varanasi-Mussoorie - I know there is no train to Khajuraho and to Mussoorie. I used to travel a lot by bus before and hardly ever by train. Does anyone know if this route is possible by train and what kind of train is advisable? Thanks for your help

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • Peter_P's Profile Photo

Re: Help needed with trains

by Peter_P Online Now Jan 14, 2003 at 4:50 AM

Almost the same trip i did last october. The only part we did by train was from Agra to Jhansi with the Shatabdi Express. Normally the express train starts at Delhi and goes to Bhopal... Buses are an alternative, some roads are in good shape, some not... The Shatabdi website : vihari.com/IndiaByRail/Shata... But at the moment the site is down, maybe later... Success !

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • suru's Profile Photo

by suru Online Now Jan 14, 2003 at 12:23 PM

You can do Delhi to Agra-Jaipur by train either by fastest train called Shatabdi ( bit expensive) or normal trains like day trains or night trains. Suggest you to visit Agra (then visit Fatehpur Sikri having base at Agra) then you can visit Jaipur. You can visit varanasi by train.To go to Khajuraho , the nearest train station is Bhopal from where you have to take a bus or a taxi. You can visit www.indianrailways.com for more information.How many days you intend to spend in India? Pls remember May is the hottest season in all places except Mussoori which is a hill station. May being holday season, you may have to advance rail booking.

• husain's Profile Photo

by husain Online Now Jan 16, 2003 at 8:28 AM

for mussourie-- take the shatabdi express from delhi to dehradoon, and then hire a taxi/ take a coach up to mussourie. It is about an hour and a half away from dehradoon

• Re: Help needed with trains

by kamaljit Online Now Jan 24, 2003 at 1:35 AM

Hi, Just a suggestion - MAY is the hottest month in North India and it has temperatures touching 50 degrees. It is pleasant October onwards...

• Zisch's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Help needed with trains

by Zisch Online Now Jan 27, 2003 at 1:26 AM

Hallo I know May is the hottest time in India. I used to live there. Thanks anyway. cheers Zisch

• Re: Help needed with trains

by hjbrl Online Now Apr 21, 2007 at 3:38 PM

hi, I was just wondering when will you be there in Khajuraho. I am going to take Dakshin Express from Delhi. I am reaching Jhansi on 27th of May in the morning around 5:30. I will try to take a cab from there if I get some fellow traveler. Otherwise I would opt for bus. If you are there around that time, we can pool and take a cab for the Jhansi-Khajuraho journey.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines