change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Aussie_Blayne's Profile Photo

Cheeky football trip to Bangladesh

Bangladesh Apr 14, 2015 at 3:52 AM

So my beloved Australian Football team just drew Bangladesh away in the preliminary World Cup Qualifying rounds.... We also have Jordan, Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan (Not exactly the group of death i know :) )
      Would it be worth a trip or don't bother?
      Cheers
      Blayne

more
    • New Guy Traveling to Dhaka

Dhaka Apr 25, 2015 at 10:48 AM

I am a chicken who is venturing out of its nest for the first time in life. In other words, I am leaving my country India behind and crossing the border for the first time. It all started when I met someone on Facebook and he said a lot about Dhaka and how beautiful it is. I am on a break from my work and so I want to visit there now. I have been planning it for a long time but money's always been tight. I am kinda excited now (I mean, next month).

The thing is I plan to stay there for a month (a day or two less maybe) and my budget around 2000 INR or 2400 BDT. Room quality or room service doesn't matter, I don't even need a hotel; I can stay at a dorm or a mess as I am a single, no-frills guy, or even as a paying guest. I can also stay in hostels. Just a single bed and shared bathroom would do. The thing is that since I want to see Dhaka I need to stay somewhere in Dhaka only; if I stay somewhere else like Khulna or Barisal the journey from there to Dhaka would leave me too tired for anything else. I asked my friend for accommodation at his home but he said his family is very conservative about such things. Please let me know names of areas in Dhaka where I can find cheap accommodations like this, as I would need to specify it as an entry point in my Visa application. Thanks

more