Key Largo Travel Answers

change location

Place to stay......help

by tiznow Online Now Jun 1, 2004 at 12:47 PM

Me and my girlfriend will be stopping over for a night in Key Largo. Can someone recommend an inexpensive but nice( if possible ) place to stay. The place does not have to be great but clean and not run down. Something from70-100.

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • springbreak105's Profile Photo

Re: Place to stay......help

by springbreak105 Online Now Jun 1, 2004 at 3:42 PM

For 70-100 you can easily get a 3 star if you use www.priceline.com

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • efritch's Profile Photo

Re: Place to stay......help

by efritch Online Now Jun 1, 2004 at 6:28 PM

Yes Priceline is excellent advice but shoot for Resort level. There are only two (Marriot and Westin) and they are both VERY nice. I think we got the Westin last Sept for about70. I wished we could have spent the whole week there! I think the only other PL hotel there is the Hojo at a 1*, so you may be able to get it really cheap.

• Re: Place to stay......help

by hollywould Online Now Jul 14, 2004 at 10:30 AM

If you care to go about 15 more miles south, there is a quaint motel called The Key Lantern Inn. It's 39$ per night Sun-Thurs. The rooms are clean, the owners are nice, and your walking distance to the Lor-E-Lei tiki-bar. Across the street is a public pool and beach at The Islander. Good Luck and be careful on the 18-mile stretch. Holly www.floridakeysnews.info

• Re: Place to stay......help

by brettbunch Online Now Jan 3, 2005 at 5:19 AM

We stayed at The Hungry pelican (they have a web site) realy great, about £50 per room with canoes and sail boats available foc. lots of b b q pits to use, supermarket 5 minutes walk. take out a canoe and look for the manatees. My daughter spent hours snorkelling around the pier, loads of colourful fish. Also has its own sandy beach with loads of hammocks to sit in with a beer. they feed the pelicans at sunset, great photos.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines