Keukenhof Travel Answers

change location

Travel from den haag to keukenhoff and return from keukenhoff to amsterdam

by PrashanthKG Online Now Apr 17, 2011 at 4:59 AM

Hi,

We are planning a 2 day trip to netherlands . We will be staying near Haag. On the 2nd day of our trip we are planning to go to keukenhoff . But in the evening we have to get back to amsterdam centraal for our train back. Please advice us whether
1) taking a combi ticket from haag and den travelling from haag to amsterdam is cheaper

or

2) is there any single ticket we can take to keukenhoff from haag and then another single ticket from keukenhoff to amsterdam centraal in the return will be cheaper than the 1st one?

Kindly let us know the prices in both the cases.

Thanks,

Prashanth

Quote & Answer
8 Answers
  • Bob_v_H's Profile Photo

Re: Travel from den haag to keukenhoff and return from keukenhoff to amsterdam

by Bob_v_H Online Now Apr 17, 2011 at 5:37 AM

Hi! This website might help you to find out the best connection:
    http://journeyplanner.9292.nl/
    If the English version doesn't work you might also want to try the Dutch version:
    http://www.9292ov.nl/

Please keep in mind that The Hague (Den Haag) has two major train stations: "Den Haag Centraal" and "Den Haag Hollands Spoor" (often referred to as: "Den Haag HS"). These stations are not very far away from each other, but it might be confusing since they are both in the city centre.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Travel from den haag to keukenhoff and return from keukenhoff to amsterdam

by K_V_B Online Now Apr 17, 2011 at 8:44 AM

The buses to Keukenhof are normal, public transit busses. You can buy combined tickets that include entrance and transportation, but you don't have to.
    So it's perfectly possible to take the Den Haag to Keukenhof bus, visit the Keukenhof and then take the bus To Amsterdam (or to Schiphol). You'll just have to pay the bus seperately.
    What train are you taking afterwards? If it's a train to Brussel or Paris you can also board that train in Schiphol, which is closer to the Keukenhof.

• ATLC's Profile Photo

by ATLC Online Now Apr 17, 2011 at 1:00 PM

I've recently replied to a similar question at:

VT Forum temporarily unavailable
    They include the same transportation links as the previous replies.

Now, we're not talking big amounts of money here so separate tickets may be a few euro's more but not much.

One question for you: you are saying you have to go to Amsterdam Centraal for your train back. Back to where?
    Because if it is Schiphol (= the airport), then you can travel by bus directly to Schiphol from Keukenhof.

• Re: Travel from den haag to keukenhoff and return from keukenhoff to amsterdam

by PrashanthKG Online Now Apr 17, 2011 at 3:03 PM

Hi All,

Thank you for all your answers...we will be travelling back to hannover..and i ve already booked my tickets for it from amsterdam centraal...that is why i wanted to know which works out cheaper.
    @ ATLC - any idea how much the ticket costs from Keukenhoff back to amsterdam centraal? ..
    and my train is at 4:45..so i would also like to know the bus timings from keukenhoff back to amsterdam centraal !!

Thanks in advance,

Prashanth

• ATLC's Profile Photo

by ATLC Online Now Apr 17, 2011 at 3:09 PM

See bob_v_h's reply (above) for the link for all the schedules.

You will have to take the bus from Keukenhof (Lisse) to Schiphol first which costs 4 euro.
    Then you buy a train ticket Schiphol-Amsterdam Centraal which will cost you 3.70 euro.

Depending on which bus/train you catch it's either an hour or 1 hour 23 mins in total.

by K_V_B Online Now Apr 18, 2011 at 12:59 AM

The Amsterdam - Hannover train doesn't go from Amsterdam Centraal. It goes from Schiphol, and then to Amsterdan Zuid and then onwards.
    What do your tickets show?
    If your ticket is from Amsterdam Zuid I would suggest you take the bus to Schiphol, buy a Schiphol - Amsterdam Zuid ticket, and then board the train to Hannover there.

by PrashanthKG Online Now Apr 19, 2011 at 4:05 AM

Thanks a lot once again...
    i was having trouble with one more thing..that is to find out how i can travel around inside Haag as our hotel is in Rijswijk...and we wanted to see binnenhoff etc...is there something like an 1 day-ticket available for the trams/buses etc in Haag?

Regards,

Prashanth

• ATLC's Profile Photo

by ATLC Online Now Apr 19, 2011 at 5:37 AM

Here's all info for public transportation within The Hague (Den Haag):
    http://www.htm.net/Pages/DEF/245.html

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines