Keukenhof Travel Answers

change location

Schiphol to Keukenhof to Den Haag Bus?

by NPR Online Now Apr 4, 2011 at 12:52 PM

Hi ,
Im visting Netherlands on 25 th April . Will be landing at Schiphol Airport around 10:00AM from London . I plan to visit Keukenhof Gardens straight from there . After that I need to go to Den Haag where I will be staying.
So if I take the Combination Ticket for Keukenhof and the Bus journey is the same ticket valid for journey from Keukenhof to Den Haag . What or the other options to do it.
Cheers,
N

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • ATLC's Profile Photo

Re: Schiphol to Keukenhof to Den Haag Bus?

by ATLC Online Now Apr 4, 2011 at 2:21 PM

No, your ticket is a combination of the return journey and the entrance ticket, either from Schiphol or Leiden or The Hague and back.

If I read you correctly, you want to travel from Schiphol to Keukenhof and on to The Hague.

What you can do is the following:
    buy your entrance ticket online at
    ticketing2.wheretocard.nl/ke...
    That saves you waiting in line.

Calculation:
    The combi ticket costs 21 euro per adult.
    An individual ticket costs 14.50 euro per adult. Add to that your public transportation: Schiphol-Keukenhof = about 4.50 and Keukenhof - The Hague Central Station = 5.50.
    The total would be 24.50, which is 3 euro's more expensive than the combi ticket.

Given the approx. 3 euro difference, I'd not buy a combi ticket but tailor your travel.

The information given at keukenhof.nl/en/12/how-to-ge... gives you all the bus numbers and at the travel advice site (http://journeyplanner.9292.nl/) you can see the prices and schedules.

There are various possibilities which you can research with the links I have given you but basically, as the website says, you take bus 58 from Schiphol to Keukenhof and bus 89 from Keukenhof to The Hague.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Schiphol to Keukenhof to Den Haag Bus?

by NPR Online Now Apr 5, 2011 at 1:53 AM

Thanks Mate. Your suggestion makes sense.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines