Keukenhof Travel Answers

change location

Is a all-in-one ticket a return?

by Momofivesix Online Now Mar 15, 2009 at 9:33 PM

Going to Keukenhof with dd in a couple of weeks. We are coming to Netherlands from the UK via ferry to Hook of Holland. We take the train as part of this "rail and sail" fare to Rotterdam and from there can take any train to any city. I would like us to go from Rotterdam to Lisse Central and take the Connexxion bus to the Keukenhof, but I do not want to return to Lisse, as our hotel for the night is in Amsterdam. Can I use the Connexxion bus and entry ticket to go on directly to Amsterdam after we view the gardens? If not, what is the fastest and cheapest way on from the gardens to Amsterdam Centraal? Many thanks!
Leslie

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Pijlmans's Profile Photo

Re: Is a all-in-one ticket a return?

by Pijlmans Online Now Mar 15, 2009 at 11:24 PM

Hello,

You can have a look at the site for more info:

keukenhof.nl/accessibility.p...

It seems that you cannot get the Combi ticket since it is a) a return ticket and b) not available at Rotterdam Central.

However, on your way back it is possible to get on the shuttle bus #58 at the Keukenhof to Schiphol airport and from there to Amsterdam Central Station by train.

Check

http://journeyplanner.9292.nl/ and
    http://www.vbn-bv.nl/ovinfo/

for more information about public transport.

Cheers
    Dennis

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo

by pieter_jan_v Online Now Mar 15, 2009 at 11:31 PM

I doubt your "rail and sail" ticket is valid for the bus.

So travel to the Leiden Centraal station from Hoek van Holland (with a change of trains at Rotterdam Centraal).

At Leiden take the Keukenhof Express Bus #54 and buy the combination ticket for bus+gardens at the GWK Travelex in the station hall, so you won't have to stand in line at the Keukenhof entrance. It's a 25 minutes busride.

Lisse has no station in use anymore.

Optional you can store some of your luggage at the Leiden station in a locker or store for for free at the luggage depot at the bicycle rental of the Keukenhof.

PJ

• Pijlmans's Profile Photo

by Pijlmans Online Now Mar 15, 2009 at 11:51 PM

Good one PJ...It indeed might be possible to get the return ticket at Leiden and travel with the same ticket to Amsterdam (Airport or Leidseplein), they cost the same, also see keukenhof.nl/images/fck/File...

Just ask when you buy the ticket to be sure if this is possible...

• ATLC's Profile Photo

by ATLC Online Now Mar 16, 2009 at 12:50 AM

HI there, I have ample experience about train travel in this area.
    I suggest another option:

Point is that the train ticket is valid one day and you can get out on in-between stations during that day.
    So buy a train ticket to Amsterdam Central when you arrive in Hoek van Holland (see below). Get out of the train at Leiden Central, store your luggage, do the bus thing as described above by PJ (the combination ticket) and return to Leiden after your Keukenhof visit. Pick up your luggage, then travel on to Amsterdam from Leiden Central with the same train ticket you bought earlier. This takes 38 minutes.

Train schedules (in English):
    ns.nl/cs/Satellite/traveller...
    Fill in:
    Departure: Hoek van Holland Haven
    Arrival: Amsterdam Centraal
    Via Station: Leiden
    (You change trains once at Schiedam Centrum, 26 mins after leaving Hoek van Holland).
    A ticket one-way costs € 16,20 (but that's your sail and rail ticket so should be the free ticket.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines