Keukenhof Travel Answers

change location

Help needed: Keukenhof

by tzie03 Online Now Apr 18, 2008 at 12:19 PM

Hello,
I'm planning to go to Keukenof and I've read that there's a direct bus from Schiphol airport (bus 58) to Keukenhof. My flight arrives at 7pm in the evening at Schiphol. What time is the last bus departing from airport to Keukenhof?

If bus 58 going to Keukenhof is no longer available at night, is there another bus or train from the airport that can take me somewhere near Keukenhof?

Also, any suggestions on a cheap accommodation to spend the night near Keukenhof? I can stay overnight here then go to the garden/park the next day for a daytrip.

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot!!!!!

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • ATLC's Profile Photo

Re: Help needed: Keukenhof

by ATLC Online Now Apr 18, 2008 at 1:39 PM

Transportation schedules: www.9292ov.nl, and you need the translation of this website to use it: "Schedules public transport train/bus/metro/tram" - Netherlands Transportation Tip by ATLC

There are later buses that take longer but the best option are the frequent buses Schiphol-Keukenhof until 21.18 hrs, Connexxion line 61 (37 minute direct ride).

I have a travel deal on Lisse (that's the village where the Keukenhof is situated): deals.virtualtourist.com/vie...

Or do a search for Lisse accommodation here on VT.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo

by pieter_jan_v Online Now Apr 18, 2008 at 2:02 PM

According to the Keukenhof website www.keukenhof.nl the gardens close at 7.30PM (entrance till 6PM). So, it's only feasible to stay the night over and visit the gardens in the morning (from 8AM).

You can buy a Combi-ticket for all Connexxion busses that have the Keukenhof as a stop (it's includes the entrance ticket for the Gardens).

Local hotels:
    Hotel de Duif - Westerdreef 49, 2161EN Lisse
    Golden Tulip Lisse - Heereweg 10, 2161AG Lisse

PJ

• ATLC's Profile Photo

by ATLC Online Now Apr 18, 2008 at 2:24 PM

Yep, the Golden Tulip Lisse is exactly the VT deal that I wrote about. I am going to Keukenhof next Monday.

There are advantages of buying your ticket to Keukenhof in advance (13,50 EUR per adult). You don't need to queue and can continue directly to the entrance gate.
    See www.keukenhof.nl and select the English option.

• Re: Help needed: Keukenhof

by tzie03 Online Now Apr 22, 2008 at 9:12 AM

Hi ATLC!
    Thanks a lot for this! This is really helpful! Will keep this in mind in planning my itinerary.

• Re: Help needed: Keukenhof

by tzie03 Online Now Apr 22, 2008 at 9:29 AM

Hi PJ, thanks! Appreciate your response.
    Can I buy the combi-ticket online? Does that include already 2 way transfers (schiphol to keukenhof and back to schiphol) plus entrance to the park? How much does it cost? Is the bus ticket valid for any schedule during the day or night? Thanks a lot!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines