Keukenhof Travel Answers

change location

Keukenhof Tickets - Prepurchase or On the Day?

by Sequel Online Now Feb 3, 2005 at 6:34 PM

I can prepurchased tickets on the internet and this will be open dated for the month. We will be attending on possibly the opening day or a few days after. 1. Is is better to avoid the opening day and weekends for crowds etc.? 2. If I prepurchase am I going to get in any quicker e.g. Is there a queue for people who already have tickets? and a separate queue for people who have to buy tickets on the day? 3. Any other tips? Thank you very much. I appreciate your help.

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • ATLC's Profile Photo

Re: Keukenhof Tickets - Prepurchase or On the Day?

by ATLC Online Now Feb 4, 2005 at 1:33 AM

You could ask info@keukenhof.nl for a direct and correct reply. Have fun! I've never been to the Keukenhof myself and I live here! :-)))

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Re: Keukenhof Tickets - Prepurchase or On the Day?

by Sequel Online Now Feb 4, 2005 at 6:47 AM

Thankyou. I've emailed them as you suggested but thought that they may just give me the "official" reply rather than one which helps me more accuratley make a decision. Isn't it funny how sometimes you never get around to visiting attractions close by and yet you travel miles and miles when on holidays. I love your Girl With The Pearl Earring Pic - very clever. I hope you get to Keukenhof one day soon. Thanks for your help

• little_monster's Profile Photo

Re: Keukenhof Tickets - Prepurchase or On the Day?

by little_monster Online Now Feb 4, 2005 at 8:53 AM

It is definitely better to avoid week-ends. So-o-o crowded, and very uncomfortable! If you don’t go by car, then there is no need to prepurchase the ticket. The best way is to buy a combined one at the bust station in Leiden (situated near the train station). It includes the bus fare from Leiden to Keukenhof and back plus the entrance. It means you arrive and just enter. Enjoy the flowers.

• Re: Re: Keukenhof Tickets - Prepurchase or On the Day?

by Sequel Online Now Feb 4, 2005 at 10:12 PM

Thank you. We will have a car. Will that make a difference for whether we should prepurchase or not? I hadn't thought about parking. We can go first thing in the morning when they open if need be. Thanks again.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines