Ketchikan

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Semi-handicapped sightseeing

by jam84041 Online Now Feb 26, 2014 at 5:19 PM

I must use crutches or my walker and still want to see Ketchikan.

2 Answers Feb 26, 2014 at 5:39 PM
    • One Day Ketchikan Visit

by kangaroloo Online Now Jul 14, 2013 at 12:13 AM

I'm coming from a cruise in July and my family and I are only visiting Ketchikan for one day and I want to make the most out of it. Where's the best place to visit if we are only there for one day and there about 13-15 people, 5 of them under 14 but older than 4 and 3 of them around 70? Thank you so much!

1 Answer Jul 14, 2013 at 1:14 AM
    • ketchikan with 3 kids under 6

by shannonmarie73 Online Now Jun 18, 2013 at 2:13 PM

Coming in July on carnival cruise with dh and our 3 dk's (9 mnths, 2.5, and 5 yrs). We are bringing our double stroller (narrow- not wide) and a chest carrier. How easily can we navigate the sidewalks and stores with the stroller? I'd rather carry the baby and let the others walk but their little legs get tired so quickly that might not be an option. Is there anything the kids might really enjoy in town? And lastly, is there a nice green area where the kids can blow of steam or we could enjoy a scenic walk w /or w /out the stroller? Thanks so much!

4 Answers Jun 18, 2013 at 4:30 PM
    • TedH's Profile Photo

kayaking

by TedH Online Now Jun 17, 2013 at 2:19 PM

Best for seeing wildlife and have peace and quiet

1 Answer Jun 17, 2013 at 3:49 PM
    • firefly2010's Profile Photo

Zip Line adventure

by firefly2010 Online Now Jul 15, 2010 at 8:09 AM

Looking into zip lining, in Ketchikan. Using Alaska Canopy Adventure, has anyone done this before? There are 2 different ones, "Rainforest Canopy and zip line" and "Bear creek zip line adventure." Does anyone recommend one or the other. thanxs

1 Answer Jul 15, 2010 at 9:40 AM
    • Where's a good bar?

by medford2 Online Now Apr 18, 2010 at 11:55 PM

Now that you guys helped me find my hat, I need a good bar that's not a tourist trap (if there is such a thing). Just a quiet place to enjoy a beer or 3 before I get back on the ship.

6 Answers May 9, 2010 at 4:44 AM
    • I need a good hat

by medford2 Online Now Apr 16, 2010 at 9:22 AM

The Missus and I will be in Ketchikan on a cruise next month. While we'll be looking for an appropriate souvenir to bring home (any suggestions?), what I want is a good hat. Not a ballcap, or an "authentic" looking hat made in China, but a good Alaskan-made hat that I can wear on my next fishing trip out to the mountains of New Mexico when I get back home. A hat that I'll be proud to say, "I got it in Alaska". Could you guys recommend a store away from the tourist traps where I might find one?

6 Answers Apr 18, 2010 at 1:29 PM
    • Ketchikan Fishing

by flredhead Online Now Feb 4, 2010 at 7:40 AM

I had posted a question on Cruise Critic about best place to fish as a cruise passenger: Ketchikan (7/1) 8 hours in port or Skagway (6/29) 14 hours in port. Fishermen are 71 year old, 13 year old and maybe 9 year old. If you have recommendations on best fishing port and specific vendors it would be appreciated.

3 Answers May 10, 2010 at 6:38 AM
    • Zuiderdam to Ketchikan June 2010 - What to Do?

by flredhead Online Now Feb 3, 2010 at 7:25 PM

Great Alaskan Lumberjack show looks like fun with kids. What about Ketchikan Totem Bight? Native American Center Museum? advice with 8 hours in town for party of ten ages 3 - 71.

2 Answers Feb 3, 2010 at 11:06 PM
    • Salmon fishing in June?

by pamfj Online Now Jan 25, 2010 at 7:07 PM

We will be docking in Ketchikan on June 15th and would like to go salmon fishing. Is this too early? What company can accomodate 2 of us (we are fine going with others).

Thanks!

1 Answer Jan 25, 2010 at 7:46 PM
    • Misty Fijoirds?

by theredfrogger Online Now Jun 17, 2009 at 3:15 PM

Should I spend166.00 on a cruise thru FiJoirds or spend less and do Totem pole saxman excursion?

3 Answers Jun 23, 2009 at 3:42 PM
    • The Aleutian Ballad 3.5 hour tour from Ketchikan

by Goobs Online Now Jul 21, 2008 at 12:40 PM

Does anyone know what the regular price of this tour is? Their website doesn't say. My husband and I have the opportunity take this excursion with a group of people and a "celebrity". The company sponsoring it is charging175 per person. I don't mind paying a few extra$$ for a smaller crowd and to rub elbows with my favorite celebrity chef. However, am not willing to pay double the going rate just to line someone's pockets with my hard earned money. Our cruise stops in Ketchikan for only 6 hours. Is it worth the time and money? - Thanks

2 Answers Jul 21, 2008 at 3:57 PM
    • A bit of help

by inmaculada31 Online Now Jun 22, 2008 at 12:28 AM

We are a family of four ( kids 11 and 17 )we have our first cruise to Alaska on Norwegian Sun in three weeks time. We haven´t pre-booked tours through our cruise company because they seem to be really expensive for the four of us.We are not on a budget but we have to think where we spend the money ( worth it )because we are from Europe and we will be on holidays for about a month ...As well as that we don´t want to miss the nicest things we can do and see there so I was wondering what do you suggest us to do in a few hours that the cruise stops. Thank you

9 Answers Jun 23, 2008 at 1:44 PM
    • activities

by oldguy5 Online Now Apr 4, 2007 at 4:22 PM

We are going on an Alaskan cruise in May and will have only 7 hours in Ketchikan. We are wondering if anyone has a suggestion on what to do there for the limited amount of time that we have.

3 Answers Apr 11, 2007 at 12:29 PM
    • What to do in Ketchikan in one Day?

by Roliat Online Now Aug 7, 2006 at 2:12 AM

Hi - Hoping someone can help with what is the best thing to do in Ketchikan in one day. My wife and I are going to be visiting in late August / early September off a cruise ship and there are too many excursions to choose from on our itinerary. We are from Australia and are keen to see glaciers, bears, moose, eat salmon, crabs & explore Alaskan heritage & history. Any help from other travellers would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks. Rob & Vicky

4 Answers Aug 23, 2006 at 7:27 PM
    • running in Ketchikan

by jamesvt Online Now Jun 5, 2006 at 7:50 AM

I'm going in a couple of days to Salmon Falls resort (my first trip to Alaska). I'm a runner, and I always like to run in new places, especially in such a beautiful place such as Alaska. Will I be able to run there? I don't know exactly where Salmon Falls is located, but I know it is near Ketchikan. Thanks!!

• running in Ketchikan

by jamesvt Online Now Jun 5, 2006 at 7:12 AM

I'm going in a couple of days to Salmon Falls resort (my first trip to Alaska). I'm a runner, and I always like to run in new places, especially in such a beautiful place such as Alaska. Will I be able to run there? I don't know exactly where Salmon Falls is located, but I know it is near Ketchikan. Thanks!!

• Rain Forest WIldlife Sanctuary?

by Lisbethcro Online Now Jun 5, 2006 at 5:46 AM

Has any one gone to this Sanctuary? One of my travel books suggested it to catch a glimps of bears in Aug, along with all the other animals and beauty along the nature walk. But I have noticed that not many other books/ Articles mention it.... Any experience?

• what to see?

by dianaatg Online Now Mar 27, 2006 at 6:54 AM

We will be in Ketchikan in July. Don't have time to see both Bright Totem State park and the Heritage Village. So which one should we see? Want to see Totems and learn about the culture.

• Ketchikan: Adventure Kart Expeditions

by NOMADPILGRIM Online Now Aug 24, 2005 at 12:33 PM

The only post on this activity states it is bad. Has anyone else got any comments? It seems like a great idea for a side trip but with the experience noted as of June 2004 makes me very leery. We would be going on the kart expedition September 2005. Any comments would be appreciated.

2 Answers Sep 4, 2005 at 5:33 PM
    • Japhyjack's Profile Photo

going places

by Japhyjack Online Now Mar 10, 2005 at 7:43 AM

I'll be living in Ketchikan for six months. I've got a truck but am wondering if it is difficult and/or expensive to rent small boats or charter plane rides to get off the island.

• Marine Highway Ferry System in Southeast Alaska

by Memphremegog Online Now Jan 19, 2005 at 7:25 PM

I plan to visit this area in July or Aug. How long before a travel date do I need to reserve a space for two adult AND and car on the Alaska Ferry System?

3 Answers Jan 20, 2005 at 12:29 PM
    • ketchikan restaurants

by zorkop Online Now Aug 14, 2004 at 1:36 PM

Can anyone give a favorite restaurant in Ketichan. I will be there on a short layover. Thanks Pati

2 Answers Apr 21, 2005 at 6:25 PM
    • Adventure Kart Expeditions

by vicki407 Online Now Jun 30, 2004 at 12:06 PM

I have 4 passengers booked on Princess and they want to do the Adventure Kart Expeditions, however it is sold out through Princess. Does anyone have any idea how I can book them independently? Thank you so much

2 Answers Aug 1, 2004 at 4:17 PM