Ketchikan Travel Answers

change location

The Aleutian Ballad 3.5 hour tour from Ketchikan

by Goobs Online Now Jul 21, 2008 at 12:40 PM

Does anyone know what the regular price of this tour is? Their website doesn't say. My husband and I have the opportunity take this excursion with a group of people and a "celebrity". The company sponsoring it is charging175 per person. I don't mind paying a few extra$$ for a smaller crowd and to rub elbows with my favorite celebrity chef. However, am not willing to pay double the going rate just to line someone's pockets with my hard earned money. Our cruise stops in Ketchikan for only 6 hours. Is it worth the time and money? - Thanks

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: The Aleutian Ballad 3.5 hour tour from Ketchikan

by usatravels Online Now Jul 21, 2008 at 1:18 PM

Hello

I once inq to go on the tour, and I was then Quoted PEAK SEASON: June 1 through September 29149.00 Adult99.00 Child

Quoted PEAK SEASON: June 1 through September 29,149.00 Adult99.00 Child

This is the link
    56degreesnorth.com/SSBooking...

Best wishes

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Mikebb's Profile Photo

Re: The Aleutian Ballad 3.5 hour tour from Ketchikan

by Mikebb Online Now Jul 21, 2008 at 3:57 PM

Hi We went on the Holland America Alaska cruise June 2007, nice cruise but what we found that most tours we went on were overpriced and did not deliver, in particular the whale watching. Be careful as the whales migrate in certain months and if you are on the edge of the season you could miss ot as no whales turn up.

Our best tour was the train trip out of Skagway, the White Pass , Klondike Highway & Gold camp. The train ride was spectacular, cost for 2 persons304, thats what my diary said I must have been mad. Anyway it was the best tour we went on and I recall I spent over US$1,000 on tours for the 2 of us. They reckon the cost of labour puts the prices up.

Good Luck,
    Mike

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines