Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Linse's Profile Photo

Fishing where and what?

Lamia Dec 3, 2014 at 7:10 AM

Hi
      Where would you go fishing if you are in Lamia? And what kind of fish can you catch?

more
    • Clothes for the larger lady

Athens Nov 24, 2014 at 12:23 AM

Are there any clothes shops in Athens catering for larger ladies?

more
    • 4 DAY CLASSICAL TOUR OF GREECE

Greece Dec 2, 2014 at 7:37 AM

We are planning to take a 4 day classical tour from Athens ( Epidaurus, Mycenae, Olympia, Delphi, Meteora). On the internet, one sees that there are many tour operators, each with equally good reviews. Could any fellow VT member share with us his/her knowledge or experience to help us decide which tour to go on.
      Thanks in advance

more
    • lforlondon's Profile Photo

Island hopping in Greece?

Greece Nov 24, 2014 at 12:17 PM

My sister and I are going to Greece next month December. Is island hopping possible in December? Are there any tour for this? We are arriving 1st December. Is there any one day trip/2 day trip cruise available?

more
    • FEEDBACK ON ASTORIA TRAVELS

Greece Dec 4, 2014 at 6:38 AM

Has any fellow VT member any experience / knowledge about the Astoria Travels. Are they genuine and dependable

more
    • shwemanthu's Profile Photo

12 days in Greece : Itineary

Greece Nov 29, 2014 at 1:29 PM

Hello VTers,
      After receiving all of your advice and suggestions (especially thanks to mindcrime, brotherleelove, rexvaughan, DAO and to name a few), I have come up with the following plan. Please review and advise.
      Day 01: Arrive Athens in the afternoon; Night life in Athens.
      Day 02: Athens; full day Sarnoric tour. (Visit temple of Olympian Zeus, Hadrian’s arch and Acropolis, Syntagma and etc…
      Day 03: pick up the car, drive to Nafplio – visit Corinth, Myceane on the way, visit Epidavors, walk around Nafplio and enjoy the evening in Nafplio
      Day 04: Drive to Monemvasia, Gilthio, Sparti, Tripolis, Megalopoli (any suggestion where to stay overnight?)
      Day 05: Drive to Olympian Zeus, via Eliad and Achaia to Delphi. Overnight at Delphi.
      Day 06: Drive to Kalambaka. Stay overnight at Kalambaka.(any sightseeing suggestion along the way?)
      Day 07: Visit Meteora, Return to Athens via Trikala, Lamia, Thermopylae.
      Day 07: Athens – Santorini (Flying)
      Day 08: Santorini – Volcano? Hiking Fira to Oia, Hot Springs Boat Tour?
      Day 09: Santorini – Athens (fly back in the evening)
      Day 10: Athens (Shopping )
      Day 11: Leave Athens
      According to weather forecast, on the day 5, 6 and 7 will be sunny on Santorini. In that case, we will have to come back to Athens from Delphie and do the Kalambaka and Meteora trip after the Santorini trip.
      I still have some questions 
      Should we rent a car in Athens when we arrive at airport or at the hotel or book on line from Canada?
      Which area to stay in Athen to drive in and out easily from the city?
      Thank you in advance.
      Shwemanthu

more
    • shakakthar's Profile Photo

greek islands from turkey

Santorini Island Dec 3, 2014 at 10:19 PM

hello all... i want to visit symi island and santorini in april from BODRUM or MARMARIS in turkey by ferry..
      i observed that though these islands are closer to turkey than athens. the approach from turkey is very difficult and very few options available via RHODES.
      from athens it is very long journey by blueboat cruise and only one ferry per day to santorini. [ i am aware of flights from athens to santorini but i want cheaper option]

has anybody travelled from turkey to SYMI or SANTORINI please share your experience.

thanks

more
    • BEST SEASON FOR MYKONOS AND SANTORINI

Greece Nov 28, 2014 at 4:28 PM

We plan to be in Greece in the second half of September next year (beginning 16 September). We will be first spending about 6-7 days visiting Athens, Olympia, Delphi etc and thereafter from the 24th to 30 September we would spend 3-4 days each in Mykonos and Santorini in that order. In Mykonos and Santorini, amongst other things we do, look forward to going in the water on the beaches. Weather wise it is good to do so or will the water become too cold for swimming? Should we reverse the sequence and first go to the islands and thereafter come to the mainland?
      TIA

more

Train and Bus schedule from Athens to Meteora

Meteora Dec 7, 2014 at 8:46 PM

We are in Athen now and would like to go to Meteora.
      Can someone provide the train and bus schedule from Athens to and fro Meteora?
      Is there any website ? Thanks.

more

International Driver License

Athens Nov 27, 2014 at 7:45 AM

We will be in Athens in December next month planning to rent a car. Do we need international driver license to drive around? We both have Canadian driver licenses. Please advise.

Thanks,

more
    • 10 days in august

Athens Dec 18, 2014 at 2:35 PM

3 of us planning 10 days beginning August in Greece. Looks like we have to begin and end in Athens. Plan is to visit one or two islands....Siros is a definite and would like to see Mykonos also. Perhaps break the return ferry journey to Athens with another island?? Then a relaxing hideway ( for last three days) beach and peace important, within striking distance of Athens for return flight. All suggestions welcome. Thanks.

more

What will open and what will close in December

Santorini Island Nov 23, 2014 at 7:14 AM

We are planning to visit Santorini Island in first week of December for 4 days. Please advise where to stay/ what to do..etc. I checked one of the Hotel and found that it is closed after last week of October. Appreciate your advice. Thanks.

more

How long it will take to look around in acropolis ?

Athens Dec 5, 2014 at 4:41 PM

We will be arriving Athens in the middle of the day. After checking in at hotel around 1 o'clock, we would like to go to acropolis. Is it enough time to visit all including ancient agora, before the sun set.

more
    • Corfu east and west coast and countryside

by stuartg433 Online Now Aug 28, 2014 at 8:48 AM

It is our fist visit at the end September to early October for 10 days. We will rent a car and would appreciate recommendations for hotels in 2 centers to see most of the island .We would like less busy resorts and good restaurant

• L45's Profile Photo

Corfu to Nafplio

by L45 Online Now Jan 25, 2014 at 12:03 AM

Is there a way to get from Corfu in Greece to Nafplio without going through Athens?

4 Answers Jan 25, 2014 at 7:33 PM
    • Where to eat?

by rarmstrong Online Now May 30, 2013 at 4:17 AM

I am going to Corfu with my family for my mums birthday and would like to know where the best restaurants are? Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks.

2 Answers May 30, 2013 at 5:30 AM
    • Cigarette Prices & availability

by thedurango Online Now May 2, 2013 at 3:31 AM

Can anybody tell me if the cigarette prices are the same this year or have they gone up? I was paying €3.80 for L&B silver last September. Also, are they freely available - I have heard they must be ordered in advance. I will be staying in Roda.

1 Answer May 4, 2013 at 11:19 PM
    • Advice for 1 day in Kerkyra from a cruise ship

by perly Online Now Apr 26, 2009 at 1:51 PM

Would it be advantageous to do an excursion from the ship or would we be able to do most things on our own in Kerkyra? We will be coming their in September of 09. There are 8 of us, middle age adults.

1 Answer Apr 28, 2009 at 10:43 AM
    • mariakaptein's Profile Photo

Walking in the Ipsos region

by mariakaptein Online Now Mar 1, 2009 at 8:36 AM

Does anyone have info on walking in the Ipsos region of Corfu ?
      Nice villages, kalderímia, small churches etc.
      Thanks !!! maria

• JJ1's Profile Photo

Self catering in Corfu town

by JJ1 Online Now Feb 8, 2009 at 9:49 AM

Can anyone recommend any self-catering apartments in Corfu old town?
      Thanks!
      JJ1

• Pau365's Profile Photo

Hotel in Kerkyra Town, August

by Pau365 Online Now Apr 14, 2008 at 10:03 AM

Hi,
      I think my question's quite similar to the last one posted so maybe we can compare notes.
      I'll be staying for one night in Corfu in August, on my way back from Albania. Does anyone know of any hotels that are nice and good value in the centre or (particularly) around the port area?
      The Konstantinoupolis is exactly the kind of place I'd like to stay but 102 euros for a single room sounds a bit expensive....
      Does anyone know of any others, or how to halve the price of the Konstantinoupolis?

6 Answers Jul 1, 2011 at 1:20 AM
    • In need of travel tip please

by kolenozrut Online Now Jan 9, 2008 at 3:31 AM

Hi there!
      I would need to know, what would be the best way for me to travel from Athens to Kerkyra, but the flights are a little too expensive. Could you please give me a tip on buses which travel on a regular basis to Igoumenitsa or a travel agent who would offer a trip from Athens directly to Corfu city?
      Also I would need to know how much it would cost me...the bus trip and the ferry boat as well.
      Thanx a lot for the answer.
      Radovan

3 Answers Mar 16, 2008 at 12:04 PM
    • In need of travel tip please

by kolenozrut Online Now Jan 9, 2008 at 3:25 AM

Hi there!
      I would need to know, what would be the best way for me to travel from Athens to Kerkyra, but the flights are a little too expensive. Could you please give me a tip on buses which travel on a regular basis to Igoumenitsa or a travel agent who would offer a trip from Athens directly to Corfu city?
      Thanx a lot for the answer.
      Radovan

1 Answer Jan 18, 2008 at 5:28 PM
    • Nice (inexpensive) hotel in Corfu Town?

by brodinsky Online Now Sep 25, 2007 at 4:39 AM

Hi, everybody!

Is there any decent and inexpensive (in October) hotel/room in Corfu Town?
      There is a lot in beach towns, but if it'll be rainy it make
      sense to stop in the town.

Hopefully
      Michael

4 Answers Jul 1, 2011 at 1:22 AM
    • Nitina's Profile Photo

Corfu or Santorini?

by Nitina Online Now Aug 3, 2007 at 1:21 PM

hi

Still a bit undecisive about whether to go to Corfu or Santorini. we will be going around 20th August. I will be going with my parents ( I am over 18) and both my parents are fun people and young hearted.

I was told both islands are nice, corfu being very green and having really nice beaches but no idea about nightlife? and santorini having the most amazing views and compact centre

Where would u suggest for a nice island experience?
      we like swimming, nice cafes, restaurants, lively atmosphere popular with young greeks and international people etc..

has anyone been to these two islands and can recommend which one is better?

thanks

Nitina

3 Answers Feb 17, 2008 at 6:11 AM
    • Hiking the Corfu Trail in July

by krazykaz Online Now Jul 8, 2007 at 11:41 PM

We are students/backpackers and want to hike the Corfu Trail. We only have 1 2-week period available to us before we go back to Australia and that is between 11-24 July. We have a tent and would prefer to camp to save money. Are we mad? Has anyone done this in July? Is it too hot? Is it possible to get water/food along the way?

1 Answer Jul 11, 2007 at 12:29 PM
    • steevie_wanders's Profile Photo

Taxis from Kerkyra airport to the town/port

by steevie_wanders Online Now May 16, 2007 at 1:51 AM

Hello everyone,

I'm visiting Kerkyra soon and was wondering how much it should cost to take a taxi from the airport to the sea port in Kerkyra town?

My flight home leaves at 4am, so does anybody know of a nice cheap place to stay in town or near the airport, for my last night there? I'm also considering just finding a good bar instead! Any ideas?

Thanks,

Steve

4 Answers Jul 10, 2007 at 12:09 PM
    • Hotel Dalia

by cristiana04 Online Now Mar 2, 2007 at 5:54 AM

I found good reviews about Bella Venezia Hotel. It seems a good choice, but I found by random Dalia Hotel. Reviews are very good at tripadvisor. Of course, it is a different category/class of hotel, but seems charming and cozy. Have your heard about it? what is your impression? thanks again!!

• mzflo007's Profile Photo

Getting to Athens Airport

by mzflo007 Online Now Feb 18, 2007 at 3:41 PM

Hi there,

I need to know the cheapest way to get to Athens Airport from Corfu.

Thanks in advance

Flo

5 Answers Apr 11, 2007 at 6:33 AM
    • question

by smiles1000 Online Now Oct 13, 2006 at 8:53 AM

Has been anyone spend the New Year at the hotel "Pink Palace" , the resourt Agios Gordis in Kerkyra? if how was the party?
      smile

• QUESTION

by smiles1000 Online Now Oct 13, 2006 at 8:49 AM

HI THERE TRAVELARS!
      IS ANYONE SPEND THE NEW YEAR AT THE HOTEL "PINK PALACE" resourt Agios Gordis IN KERKYRA if how was the party.
      smiles

• Frilya's Profile Photo

Getting to and from Kerkyra

by Frilya Online Now Sep 19, 2006 at 11:04 AM

Hello!
      Can someone please advise me what is the best way to get to and from Kerkyra (mainland Greece).
      I wanted to travel to Kerkyra from Meteora via Igoumenitsa, and then on to Patras (having a full day on the island), but I'm being discouraged: too far from Kalambaka to Igoumenitsa, still far from Igoumenitsa to Kerkyra and apperantly no overnight/late evening or just eveninh ferry to PAtras. Can you please me with advice?
      Cordially,
      Ilya

1 Answer Sep 20, 2006 at 12:13 AM
    • URGENT!! >> Lefkada Via Corfu

by e.boggy Online Now Sep 8, 2006 at 5:20 PM

we bought plane tickets to corfu for the 11th of september, but our plane is landing on corfu airport around 21:00h, and we find out that there are no buses or ferries at that time of day to take us to lefkada. :(

is there any night ferry that operates from corfu town to igpumenitsa, or a sea taxi, or maybe some transportation directtly to lefkada? can someone help us with that?

does anybody knows someone who operates a sea taxi from corfu to lefkada in that time of the day and what would be the cost?

thanks!

• maltesa's Profile Photo

Going Corfu on 19th July for a week!

by maltesa Online Now Jul 6, 2006 at 8:30 AM

It would be my first time in Corfu ,i would like to know where are the best discos and hows the nightlife? Ill be stayin in Anita hotel,is that in the centre and are there clubs around there?

Is someone else goin on the same dates ?

thanks

Lin

1 Answer Jul 13, 2006 at 9:06 AM
    • weather in September

by daisyd Online Now Jun 15, 2006 at 12:19 PM

Just come back from Corfu and loved it so much I would like to go back!

Was wondering if anybody's been in September, and what the weather is like then?

(It would be the third week in September)

Cheers

2 Answers Jun 19, 2006 at 4:59 PM
    • cash points

by daisyd Online Now May 27, 2006 at 10:41 AM

Going to Sidari for the first time,
      are there any cash points in the resort?
      Or is it advisable to take money with you?

1 Answer May 28, 2006 at 1:09 AM
    • seddy's Profile Photo

1st visit

by seddy Online Now May 22, 2006 at 2:00 AM

My husband and I have just booked a weeks AI holiday to the Roda beach Hotel in Roda.
      Can anyone give me any information about this hotel and it's location. We are looking for a quiet week away without the kids!

1 Answer May 22, 2006 at 9:49 AM
    • Going to Corfu from the port

by love0715 Online Now May 17, 2006 at 8:24 PM

Hi I will be on cruise that will stop by Corfu early in the morning. Have to return before night time. I like sightseeing beautiful places and shopping.

Is there public bus between the port and Corfu town ?

I wonder if you share your thoughts on Achillion Palace and Old Fortresses. Are they reachable by local bus as well? How long approx it will take?

thanks
      Terence

1 Answer May 18, 2006 at 5:55 AM
    • syke930's Profile Photo

Day trips from Arillas

by syke930 Online Now May 13, 2006 at 11:41 PM

I'm going to be spending a week in Arillas and was wondering if there are any day trips that leave from Arillas. It seems that most leave from other towns in the area but not Arillas... can anyone help me out?

Alternatively, what's the easiest way to get to Roda (the closest city to me) so I can leave from day trips from there? Bus routes/times?

3 Answers May 24, 2006 at 3:46 AM
    • Excursions from kerkira

by seka Online Now May 12, 2006 at 2:47 PM

Since I will be spending two weeks in Kerkira I wonder if it is possible and what the price is to fly to Santorini or Rhodes from there. I suppose than going by ferry would take a lot of time. Or maybe you suggest some other excursion?
      Thanks in advance

3 Answers May 13, 2006 at 10:29 AM
    • zizkov's Profile Photo

Hiring a car

by zizkov Online Now Apr 20, 2006 at 6:02 PM

Two questions, as I am intending to hire a car when I visit next month (to Arillas).

How alarming are the roads? Lots of steep climbs/descents? Hairpin bends? Sheer drops? How is the maintenance? I was in Kefalonia last year (my friend drove) and some of the roads were quite, er, stimulating. Mostly in good or very good condition, though.

How much is rental? Last year in Kefalonia an Atoz (tiny car) was E100 insured for 3 days (start of July). And does anyone have any recommendations for hire companies?

Thanks in advance for your help.

7 Answers May 23, 2006 at 8:29 PM
    • Traveling within Kerkyra

by texasbill Online Now Apr 18, 2006 at 3:17 PM

Can anyone help with transportation between Kerkyra town and Paleokastritsa, and Kerkyra town and Gastouri? Do we take a bus or taxi or what (feel too old for two wheeled vehicles). Are there bus schedules available on line?

3 Answers Apr 20, 2006 at 5:56 PM
    • Nitina's Profile Photo

best time to visit and accomodation

by Nitina Online Now Apr 9, 2006 at 11:13 AM

Me and my husband are thinking of going to Corfu this summer. would you say June or end of August/beginning of September is better?
      we like hot weather but not too hot (anything below 35 is ok) and we would like to go swimming in the sea so hopefully the sea will be warm. We rather it wasn't a month which is too crowded with kids though.

My other question is accomodation. We have never been to Corfu before and it would be nice to stay somewhere which has been recommmended by people. (preferably with a pool). We don't want to be too far from Corfu town as I assume that's where people go out at night?

3 Answers Apr 11, 2006 at 6:13 AM