Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Alexandra_Zebra's Profile Photo

Meteora - Litochoro by bus

Greece 3 hours ago

Hi there!
      My husband and I are going to Halkidiki this may.
      We want to travel from Thessaloniki to Meteora by bus or train. There stay for a night and in the morning visit the monasteries. The same day (in the evening) we want to get to Olympus, Refuge A.
      I found such a useful bus schedule http://www.visitmeteora.travel/en/getting-to-meteora/getting-to-meteora-by-bus but still have some questions.
      I guess the best way is to get from Kalampaka to Trikala, there take a bus Trikala - Thessaloniki. Does it stop at Litochoro? And where can I find bus numbers, routes and stops?
      Does anyone have any advice?

more
    • Kardamena to asclepeion

Kos Island 8 hours ago

hi, I am going to be staying in Kardamena for a week this summer and I would love to visit the Asclepeion. does anyone know how to get there from Kardamena, and how much the travel will cost? is there a bus or a taxi, what is the best and cheapest way to get there?
      thanks!

more
    • Is anyone knows the best restaurant in Ano poli castles

Thessaloniki Apr 12, 2014 at 12:11 PM

Is anyone knows the best restaurant in Ano poli castles we will be near Moni Vlatadon for 3 days filming
      thanks

more
    • Taxi prizes

Litokhoron Apr 11, 2014 at 12:37 AM

What will be the normal costs of a Taxi from trainstation Litochoro and the center of litochoro

more
    • hillelarkin's Profile Photo

transportation

Rhodes (Island) Apr 2, 2014 at 8:12 PM

We plan a family reunion meeting in Faliraki, Rhodes (12-14 persons, 3 babies). I have several questions regarding transportation:
      1) Is there a taxi service from the airport to Faliraki (Ladico Beach) and how much it ca cost
      2) Is there a service of hiring a van/ minivan with driver for a day trip around the island and how much it may cost?
      3) taxi service cost from Faliraki to Rhodes old city: does it operate on late nights?

Thanks - HA

more
    • Are there any Bead shops in Kos?

Kos Mar 28, 2014 at 9:14 AM

Or somewhere that might sell them?

Many thanks!

more
    • 5 hour cruise stop in chios

Chios Island 11 hours ago

With only a 5 hour cruise stop in chios, what would you suggest as the most important thing to do/see

more
    • Profitos Ilias shrine,near Nafplio

Nafplio Yesterday

Tell me please more about it,who lives there and who visits?

more
    • BobWaldman's Profile Photo

crete itinerary

Crete Island Yesterday

I appreciate everyone's help with my itinerary so far. I think we have a final itinerary but I have one more question.
      We have a total of 14 days. Our itinerary so far is as follows:
      Chania 3 nights
      Loutro 3 nights
      Rethymomn 3 nights
      Enagron Ecotourism Village 3 nights
      Iraklion 2 nights

What advice would you give about going to Agios Nikolas instead of Enagron?

more
    • Taxi Fare in Skiathos, Greece

Skiathos Apr 8, 2014 at 3:31 PM

Approximately, how much is the taxi fare from the cruise ship terminal in Skiathos to Koukounaries Beach?

more
    • Searching for a single room in Athens

Prefecture of Attica Apr 7, 2014 at 8:41 AM

I need a private room for 3 months from April in Athens centre.
      I'm from Italy and I'm doing a research for my Phd paper.
      Can you help me?

more
    • Last Post on this forum was in 2011

Thasos Island Apr 3, 2014 at 10:00 PM

Have there been more recent posts than 2011? I like the look of Thassos but as a New Zealander I'm a bit wary of places that have been overrun with UK holiday makers, does it still have an authentic Greek Island feel about it??

more
    • Transport from samos airport to ferry port

Samos Island Apr 2, 2014 at 2:44 AM

How far is the bus stop in kleopatras street from the airport? Can it be walked easily?

more
    • Rent a scooter in Thessaloniki?

Thessaloniki Mar 31, 2014 at 3:37 AM

Hi!!! Me and my friends are planing a 1-2 days stay in Thessaloniki, and we were thinking of renting scooters to trip in the city. Can you please recommend me a good place to rent and what the normal prices per day are?

more
    • From Bus Olympus Plaza to Paralia Katerini

Katerini Mar 28, 2014 at 5:48 AM

Hi there! I will be travelling to Paralia Katerini in June and the bus I will use stops at Olympus Plaza station. How can we get to Paralia Katerini from Olympus Plaza- bus, taxi...? Thank you.

more
    • looking for a flatshare

Athens Mar 23, 2014 at 12:25 PM

Hello ! I am desperatly looking for a room in flatshare in Athens... Does one of you know a website which could help me in my searches ? Thanks for your help...

more
    • Please, I have need help in this problem !

Greece 13 hours ago

Hello,
      I will travel from 1 June 2014 in Greece Paralia Katerini resort, but I go there with Express International Line bus. It is going from Bucharest to Athens. The bus does not go directly in Paralia Katerini. I will get down near the town of Katerini at Olympus Plaza station.
      How can I get to Paralia Katerini from Olympus Plaza- bus ? I think that taxi is expensive...I will have baggage...is very hard!!!....what is the price of a normal bus ticket from Katerini to Paralia Katerini? per person...
      Thanks a lot ! Flory

more
    • Ferries from Agios Nikolaos to Santorini

Agios Nikolaos Apr 10, 2014 at 1:48 AM

Are there ferries from Agios Nikolaos to Santorini or do you have to catch the ferry from Heraklion?

more
    • Spending Money

Rethymno Apr 7, 2014 at 12:09 PM

Hi, How expensive is Crete we're trying to decide how much to take, me and my partner are going for 11 nights self catering? Thanks Chris.

more
    • October trip

Santorini Island Apr 7, 2014 at 9:46 AM

How is Santorini in Oct. In term of weather, tourists, and accomodations, etc.
      Thanks

more
    • Current Weather

Rhodes (Island) Apr 7, 2014 at 6:03 AM

Hi, my family and I are flying out early next week to Rhodes. Can anyone tell me what the current weather is like so we know what to pack please?

Many thanks.

more
    • vacuoso's Profile Photo

Ferries: 48hr rolling strikes still? Days of operation?

Thessaloniki Apr 6, 2014 at 1:40 AM

Hoping to catch a ferry from Thessaloniki or Kavala to Lesvos on Sunday, April 13. From my calculations, that Sunday would be a day that the ferries DO run... But I wouldn't bet the price of a hostel stay for 2 on it! :) It is unmercifully difficult to find information about options and timetables, etc, even when one goes into the ferry office at the port of Thessaloniki, which I did--they said to call back on Friday but we caught a bus to Toroni instead. Trying to decide when to head back up...

Anybody have any insight into the murky depths that surround the ferry situation?

Many thanks in advance,

.A.

more
    • Nice restaurants and bars for little money?

Thessaloniki Mar 25, 2014 at 12:03 PM

Hi!
      Me and my husband are going to Saloniki at the end of april. We both are students, so we can't spend so much money.
      Do you have some advice where we can go out to eat for a nice price? do you know some good and cheap restaurants and bars near the city center? Would be nice if you could help us! :)

more
    • way to move

Litokhoron Mar 23, 2014 at 4:50 AM

Hello,
      Within litochoro there is public transportation?
      I would want to be able to go of litochoro to the following places:
      - Dion
      - Moni agiou dionisiou

more
    • Athens to Koroni Bus

Koroni Mar 20, 2014 at 1:26 AM

Hi, how can I find a timetable in English for the buses from Athens to Koroni? Does any anyone know if it is a direct bus or two buses, one to Kalamata, then one to Koroni? Please.

more
    • L45's Profile Photo

Corfu to Nafplio

by L45 Online Now Jan 25, 2014 at 12:03 AM

Is there a way to get from Corfu in Greece to Nafplio without going through Athens?

4 Answers Jan 25, 2014 at 7:33 PM
    • Where to eat?

by rarmstrong Online Now May 30, 2013 at 4:17 AM

I am going to Corfu with my family for my mums birthday and would like to know where the best restaurants are? Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks.

2 Answers May 30, 2013 at 5:30 AM
    • Cigarette Prices & availability

by thedurango Online Now May 2, 2013 at 3:31 AM

Can anybody tell me if the cigarette prices are the same this year or have they gone up? I was paying €3.80 for L&B silver last September. Also, are they freely available - I have heard they must be ordered in advance. I will be staying in Roda.

1 Answer May 4, 2013 at 11:19 PM
    • Advice for 1 day in Kerkyra from a cruise ship

by perly Online Now Apr 26, 2009 at 1:51 PM

Would it be advantageous to do an excursion from the ship or would we be able to do most things on our own in Kerkyra? We will be coming their in September of 09. There are 8 of us, middle age adults.

1 Answer Apr 28, 2009 at 10:43 AM
    • mariakaptein's Profile Photo

Walking in the Ipsos region

by mariakaptein Online Now Mar 1, 2009 at 8:36 AM

Does anyone have info on walking in the Ipsos region of Corfu ?
      Nice villages, kalderímia, small churches etc.
      Thanks !!! maria

• JJ1's Profile Photo

Self catering in Corfu town

by JJ1 Online Now Feb 8, 2009 at 9:49 AM

Can anyone recommend any self-catering apartments in Corfu old town?
      Thanks!
      JJ1

• Pau365's Profile Photo

Hotel in Kerkyra Town, August

by Pau365 Online Now Apr 14, 2008 at 10:03 AM

Hi,
      I think my question's quite similar to the last one posted so maybe we can compare notes.
      I'll be staying for one night in Corfu in August, on my way back from Albania. Does anyone know of any hotels that are nice and good value in the centre or (particularly) around the port area?
      The Konstantinoupolis is exactly the kind of place I'd like to stay but 102 euros for a single room sounds a bit expensive....
      Does anyone know of any others, or how to halve the price of the Konstantinoupolis?

6 Answers Jul 1, 2011 at 1:20 AM
    • In need of travel tip please

by kolenozrut Online Now Jan 9, 2008 at 3:31 AM

Hi there!
      I would need to know, what would be the best way for me to travel from Athens to Kerkyra, but the flights are a little too expensive. Could you please give me a tip on buses which travel on a regular basis to Igoumenitsa or a travel agent who would offer a trip from Athens directly to Corfu city?
      Also I would need to know how much it would cost me...the bus trip and the ferry boat as well.
      Thanx a lot for the answer.
      Radovan

3 Answers Mar 16, 2008 at 12:04 PM
    • In need of travel tip please

by kolenozrut Online Now Jan 9, 2008 at 3:25 AM

Hi there!
      I would need to know, what would be the best way for me to travel from Athens to Kerkyra, but the flights are a little too expensive. Could you please give me a tip on buses which travel on a regular basis to Igoumenitsa or a travel agent who would offer a trip from Athens directly to Corfu city?
      Thanx a lot for the answer.
      Radovan

1 Answer Jan 18, 2008 at 5:28 PM
    • Nice (inexpensive) hotel in Corfu Town?

by brodinsky Online Now Sep 25, 2007 at 4:39 AM

Hi, everybody!

Is there any decent and inexpensive (in October) hotel/room in Corfu Town?
      There is a lot in beach towns, but if it'll be rainy it make
      sense to stop in the town.

Hopefully
      Michael

4 Answers Jul 1, 2011 at 1:22 AM
    • Nitina's Profile Photo

Corfu or Santorini?

by Nitina Online Now Aug 3, 2007 at 1:21 PM

hi

Still a bit undecisive about whether to go to Corfu or Santorini. we will be going around 20th August. I will be going with my parents ( I am over 18) and both my parents are fun people and young hearted.

I was told both islands are nice, corfu being very green and having really nice beaches but no idea about nightlife? and santorini having the most amazing views and compact centre

Where would u suggest for a nice island experience?
      we like swimming, nice cafes, restaurants, lively atmosphere popular with young greeks and international people etc..

has anyone been to these two islands and can recommend which one is better?

thanks

Nitina

3 Answers Feb 17, 2008 at 6:11 AM
    • Hiking the Corfu Trail in July

by krazykaz Online Now Jul 8, 2007 at 11:41 PM

We are students/backpackers and want to hike the Corfu Trail. We only have 1 2-week period available to us before we go back to Australia and that is between 11-24 July. We have a tent and would prefer to camp to save money. Are we mad? Has anyone done this in July? Is it too hot? Is it possible to get water/food along the way?

1 Answer Jul 11, 2007 at 12:29 PM
    • steevie_wanders's Profile Photo

Taxis from Kerkyra airport to the town/port

by steevie_wanders Online Now May 16, 2007 at 1:51 AM

Hello everyone,

I'm visiting Kerkyra soon and was wondering how much it should cost to take a taxi from the airport to the sea port in Kerkyra town?

My flight home leaves at 4am, so does anybody know of a nice cheap place to stay in town or near the airport, for my last night there? I'm also considering just finding a good bar instead! Any ideas?

Thanks,

Steve

4 Answers Jul 10, 2007 at 12:09 PM
    • Hotel Dalia

by cristiana04 Online Now Mar 2, 2007 at 5:54 AM

I found good reviews about Bella Venezia Hotel. It seems a good choice, but I found by random Dalia Hotel. Reviews are very good at tripadvisor. Of course, it is a different category/class of hotel, but seems charming and cozy. Have your heard about it? what is your impression? thanks again!!

• mzflo007's Profile Photo

Getting to Athens Airport

by mzflo007 Online Now Feb 18, 2007 at 3:41 PM

Hi there,

I need to know the cheapest way to get to Athens Airport from Corfu.

Thanks in advance

Flo

5 Answers Apr 11, 2007 at 6:33 AM
    • question

by smiles1000 Online Now Oct 13, 2006 at 8:53 AM

Has been anyone spend the New Year at the hotel "Pink Palace" , the resourt Agios Gordis in Kerkyra? if how was the party?
      smile

• QUESTION

by smiles1000 Online Now Oct 13, 2006 at 8:49 AM

HI THERE TRAVELARS!
      IS ANYONE SPEND THE NEW YEAR AT THE HOTEL "PINK PALACE" resourt Agios Gordis IN KERKYRA if how was the party.
      smiles

• Frilya's Profile Photo

Getting to and from Kerkyra

by Frilya Online Now Sep 19, 2006 at 11:04 AM

Hello!
      Can someone please advise me what is the best way to get to and from Kerkyra (mainland Greece).
      I wanted to travel to Kerkyra from Meteora via Igoumenitsa, and then on to Patras (having a full day on the island), but I'm being discouraged: too far from Kalambaka to Igoumenitsa, still far from Igoumenitsa to Kerkyra and apperantly no overnight/late evening or just eveninh ferry to PAtras. Can you please me with advice?
      Cordially,
      Ilya

1 Answer Sep 20, 2006 at 12:13 AM
    • URGENT!! >> Lefkada Via Corfu

by e.boggy Online Now Sep 8, 2006 at 5:20 PM

we bought plane tickets to corfu for the 11th of september, but our plane is landing on corfu airport around 21:00h, and we find out that there are no buses or ferries at that time of day to take us to lefkada. :(

is there any night ferry that operates from corfu town to igpumenitsa, or a sea taxi, or maybe some transportation directtly to lefkada? can someone help us with that?

does anybody knows someone who operates a sea taxi from corfu to lefkada in that time of the day and what would be the cost?

thanks!

• maltesa's Profile Photo

Going Corfu on 19th July for a week!

by maltesa Online Now Jul 6, 2006 at 8:30 AM

It would be my first time in Corfu ,i would like to know where are the best discos and hows the nightlife? Ill be stayin in Anita hotel,is that in the centre and are there clubs around there?

Is someone else goin on the same dates ?

thanks

Lin

1 Answer Jul 13, 2006 at 9:06 AM
    • weather in September

by daisyd Online Now Jun 15, 2006 at 12:19 PM

Just come back from Corfu and loved it so much I would like to go back!

Was wondering if anybody's been in September, and what the weather is like then?

(It would be the third week in September)

Cheers

2 Answers Jun 19, 2006 at 4:59 PM
    • cash points

by daisyd Online Now May 27, 2006 at 10:41 AM

Going to Sidari for the first time,
      are there any cash points in the resort?
      Or is it advisable to take money with you?

1 Answer May 28, 2006 at 1:09 AM
    • seddy's Profile Photo

1st visit

by seddy Online Now May 22, 2006 at 2:00 AM

My husband and I have just booked a weeks AI holiday to the Roda beach Hotel in Roda.
      Can anyone give me any information about this hotel and it's location. We are looking for a quiet week away without the kids!

1 Answer May 22, 2006 at 9:49 AM
    • Going to Corfu from the port

by love0715 Online Now May 17, 2006 at 8:24 PM

Hi I will be on cruise that will stop by Corfu early in the morning. Have to return before night time. I like sightseeing beautiful places and shopping.

Is there public bus between the port and Corfu town ?

I wonder if you share your thoughts on Achillion Palace and Old Fortresses. Are they reachable by local bus as well? How long approx it will take?

thanks
      Terence

1 Answer May 18, 2006 at 5:55 AM
    • syke930's Profile Photo

Day trips from Arillas

by syke930 Online Now May 13, 2006 at 11:41 PM

I'm going to be spending a week in Arillas and was wondering if there are any day trips that leave from Arillas. It seems that most leave from other towns in the area but not Arillas... can anyone help me out?

Alternatively, what's the easiest way to get to Roda (the closest city to me) so I can leave from day trips from there? Bus routes/times?

3 Answers May 24, 2006 at 3:46 AM
    • Excursions from kerkira

by seka Online Now May 12, 2006 at 2:47 PM

Since I will be spending two weeks in Kerkira I wonder if it is possible and what the price is to fly to Santorini or Rhodes from there. I suppose than going by ferry would take a lot of time. Or maybe you suggest some other excursion?
      Thanks in advance

3 Answers May 13, 2006 at 10:29 AM
    • zizkov's Profile Photo

Hiring a car

by zizkov Online Now Apr 20, 2006 at 6:02 PM

Two questions, as I am intending to hire a car when I visit next month (to Arillas).

How alarming are the roads? Lots of steep climbs/descents? Hairpin bends? Sheer drops? How is the maintenance? I was in Kefalonia last year (my friend drove) and some of the roads were quite, er, stimulating. Mostly in good or very good condition, though.

How much is rental? Last year in Kefalonia an Atoz (tiny car) was E100 insured for 3 days (start of July). And does anyone have any recommendations for hire companies?

Thanks in advance for your help.

7 Answers May 23, 2006 at 8:29 PM
    • Traveling within Kerkyra

by texasbill Online Now Apr 18, 2006 at 3:17 PM

Can anyone help with transportation between Kerkyra town and Paleokastritsa, and Kerkyra town and Gastouri? Do we take a bus or taxi or what (feel too old for two wheeled vehicles). Are there bus schedules available on line?

3 Answers Apr 20, 2006 at 5:56 PM
    • Nitina's Profile Photo

best time to visit and accomodation

by Nitina Online Now Apr 9, 2006 at 11:13 AM

Me and my husband are thinking of going to Corfu this summer. would you say June or end of August/beginning of September is better?
      we like hot weather but not too hot (anything below 35 is ok) and we would like to go swimming in the sea so hopefully the sea will be warm. We rather it wasn't a month which is too crowded with kids though.

My other question is accomodation. We have never been to Corfu before and it would be nice to stay somewhere which has been recommmended by people. (preferably with a pool). We don't want to be too far from Corfu town as I assume that's where people go out at night?

3 Answers Apr 11, 2006 at 6:13 AM
    • fly to Kerkyra

by cristiana04 Online Now Mar 10, 2006 at 3:44 AM

Hi there,
      do you know which companies fly from France or Italy to Kerkyra? Some low cost company?
      thanks