Kenya

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Buying Macadamia nuts in Mombasa

Mombasa Apr 7, 2015 at 3:51 AM

Where is Macadamia nut available at a fair price in Mombasa?

3 Answers Apr 10, 2015 at 12:50 PM
    • Planning trip in Sept 2015

Kenya Apr 3, 2015 at 9:19 AM

Hi! Is it still safe to plan a trip to Kenya/Tanzania?

3 Answers Apr 14, 2015 at 11:29 PM
    • NIGHT CLUBS

Nairobi Mar 24, 2015 at 5:05 AM

which is the best night club in nairobi

1 Answer Mar 24, 2015 at 7:10 AM
    • Where best to find Flamingos

Lake Bogoria Mar 13, 2015 at 4:52 PM

I am planning a trip around april 15 .
      where can i find larger number of flamingos lak nakuru or lake bogoria?
      Thanks!!

4 Answers Mar 24, 2015 at 7:11 AM
    • rlg2706's Profile Photo

First time visitor

Nakuru Mar 8, 2015 at 2:09 PM

My 17 year old daughter has the opportunity to visit Nakuru in Kenya with her college. While there she will spend time volunteering in a school and also visit some places of interest in the local area as part of a tour group. I would be interested to hear people's experiences of this area and in particular in regards to personal safety and vegetarian food. Many thanks.....

3 Answers Mar 14, 2015 at 11:14 AM
    • Mombasa- safety

Mombasa Jan 19, 2015 at 5:40 AM

Hi,

I'll be visiting Kenya next month and I would love to see Mombasa, even for a day.

Most Western governments issue warnings for terrorism etc. Are these warnings legitimate? Will I be unsafe visiting Mombasa?

Obviously, I understand there are risks in visiting most large African city, but I don't exactly want to do something that would be stupid. Looking for some fresh info if anyone has!

Thanks

4 Answers Feb 12, 2015 at 1:36 AM
    • Recommendations for a week's tour to Masai Mara and other highlights of the county?

Kenya Jan 18, 2015 at 7:30 PM

I will be in Kenya on official travel in March and would like to stay afterwards to see the country. My mother will also join me. For security reasons (we're two white women), I thought it would be better to join a tour. I'm interested in visiting Masai Mara, lake Nakuru, etc for about a week. Anyone can recommend a reliable and not too expensive tour?

2 Answers Mar 22, 2015 at 3:46 AM
    • Skipper1954's Profile Photo

yellow fever vaccination

Kenya Jan 5, 2015 at 12:13 PM

I am confused about the immunization requirements for entry to Kenya. I will be flying from the U.S. to Amsterdam to Nairobi, then a week-long safari. Will I need the Yellow Fever vaccination? Thank you.

30 Answers Feb 11, 2015 at 5:34 AM
    • JacklineW's Profile Photo

Art Travel

Kenya Dec 5, 2014 at 2:25 AM

Has anyone travelled to Kenya for art? How was the experience? Which places did you visit? How would you compare the to other art destinations you have visited?

8 Answers Dec 6, 2014 at 7:37 AM
    • Camping in Marsabit, Nanyouki, Nakaru & Masai Mara

Kenya Dec 4, 2014 at 12:15 AM

We will be driving through Kenya in February 2015. Does anyone know of some good camping spots in Marsabit, Nanyouki, Nakaru and Masai Mara. Not looking for anything fancy but just a clean place with a nice view and hopefully showers. Any precautions I need to take care of at any of the above mentioned places ?

4 Answers Feb 12, 2015 at 1:36 AM
    • aymank's Profile Photo

only got 3 days

Kenya Nov 3, 2014 at 2:17 AM

Hi, is it worth a trip to Kenya if i only got 3 days? i would like to go on a day's safari as well.
      Thanks for the help

7 Answers Dec 9, 2014 at 1:22 AM
    • Hotels Mombasa

Kenya Oct 30, 2014 at 7:11 AM

Looking for suggestions of the best beach hotels / resorts in Mombasa? (not overly expensive)..

4 Answers Oct 31, 2014 at 4:55 AM
    • Safety - Mombasa / Nairobi

Kenya Oct 30, 2014 at 7:09 AM

I am planning on going to Mombasa / Nairobi from 29 Dec 2014 - 6 Jan 2015. I have read all these articles about safety issues and travel warnings ... is it still safe to go during this time?

4 Answers Dec 10, 2014 at 6:31 AM
    • Safety - Mombasa and Lamu

Kenya Oct 23, 2014 at 10:43 PM

Hi all,

I was planning a little bit of a Kenya add-on to my Tanzania trip, but it seems that safety concerns are cited almost everywhere.

Am I correct to be avoiding travel to Mombasa and Lamu during this period? (the end of the year) I understand as a Westerner I attract attention, but quite frankly I'm beginning to get slightly concerned by the repeated warnings...

3 Answers Oct 28, 2014 at 2:53 AM
    • entrance fees

Masai Mara Game Reserve Sep 22, 2014 at 4:01 PM

Hi, We are going to the Masai Mara and would like to know if the 80 dollars for entrance fee have to be paid for each day that you are inside the park. If we drive to one of the Lodges inside the reserve and stay there for 4 days, do we pay 80 dollars times 4 at the entrance? don't the lodges include the entrance fees? what happens if later we want to stay longer? Do we also have to pay extra for driving a car?
      Thank you!!

4 Answers Sep 26, 2014 at 10:20 AM
    • kingtut707's Profile Photo

Wt is the best recommended program to visit Kenya for 7 days in Jan'15?

Kenya Aug 25, 2014 at 3:06 AM

I am planning to visit Kenya for tourism 1st or 2nd week of the coming January'15, for around 7 days, so far I will be visiting Nairobi & Mombasa.....what would you think best program would be in such time/period? With the exception of Hotel & air ticket, what should be a good budget for food and sight seeing?
      Thx in advance! :)

3 Answers Oct 27, 2014 at 5:59 AM
    • 20011019's Profile Photo

Access to the park?

Masai Mara Game Reserve Aug 25, 2014 at 2:04 AM

Hi, I am currently working on a project in the Masai Mara area, but would really like to see the animals in the park. Is it possible to just arrange transportation to the park, pay entrance fee and arrange a game drive there? Most safaripackages are very expensive and include daylong drives to Nairobi. Is there a way to avoid this, but just arrive there?

13 Answers Aug 29, 2014 at 5:13 AM
    • 12 hours transit at nairobi airport

Nairobi Aug 19, 2014 at 1:51 PM

We (wife, me and my 2 children) will be transiting for 12 hours overnight at nairobi airport flying with Kenya airways in december. We intend to sleep overnight in a hotel nearby. I'm just wondering if anyone had such experience before. How about the town's safety since we will arrive at 9 pm and our corresponding flight is at 9 a.m the day after? Thank you for all your answers.

5 Answers Aug 29, 2014 at 5:13 AM
    • Do I need to get transit VISAs for my students?

Nairobi Aug 8, 2014 at 3:47 AM

In October I'm taking 11 students to Tanzania. We are flying via Nairobi. We have a 55 minute wait at Nairobi airport before catching our flight to Kilimanjaro. Should I travel to London now to get transit visas or should I just wait and get them (if we need them) when we land in Nairobi?

7 Answers Aug 9, 2014 at 10:38 AM
    • How safe is East coast?!?!

Kenya Aug 1, 2014 at 4:50 AM

Im planning to visit Kenya,Galu/Diani beach to be more accurate.I had my heart set on it but when i was just about to book it i read some bad things over the internet.So my question is how safe is it to go east coast in august? I really want to go but im scared of all the bad publicity there is about kidnaping/attacks etc.
      Anyone can advise me and give me some tips.My flight would be London-Nairobi/Nairobi-Mombasa.

5 Answers Aug 6, 2014 at 1:52 AM
    • Shoping in Nairobi

Nairobi Jul 18, 2014 at 11:57 AM

How much should I expect to pay for an elephant hair bracelet in Nairobi?

3 Answers Jul 19, 2014 at 3:26 PM
    • How long does it take to get a transit visa at Nairobi Airport?

Nairobi Jul 17, 2014 at 4:12 PM

My daughter travelled to Kilimanjaro airport via Nairobi airport last Sunday. She was told that she wouldn't need a transit visa, but because she was flying different airlines into and out of the airport she had a nightmare trying to get her baggage! She did manage to get it finally but she ended up in departures really late with no boarding pass and still carrying her hold luggage and had to argue with the person on the gate for a long time before they finally allowed her to board the flight. Very stressful for a 19 year old!
      She wants to avoid the same problem on her return but doesn't have a lot of time between flights - hence the question.
      Appreciate any help anyone can give!.

2 Answers Jul 22, 2014 at 6:46 AM
    • Equipment and Contact

Watamu Jul 9, 2014 at 3:04 AM

-Who should we contact for arranging this?
      -Are Crocs also good for closed shoes or not?

4 Answers Jul 9, 2014 at 7:00 AM
    • Hotels near the airport in Nairobi

Nairobi Jul 5, 2014 at 8:08 AM

I am overnighting in Nairobi between flights to Arusha. Does anyone have a hotel they would recommend near the airport?

Thanks

3 Answers Jul 6, 2014 at 2:32 AM
    • Vehicle access

Tsavo National Park East Jul 5, 2014 at 6:18 AM

Can I, or should I, drive a Toyota Corolla in the Park?

4 Answers Jul 10, 2014 at 11:03 AM
    • what is the best way to get from Nairobi airport to Arusha Tanzania?

Nairobi Jul 4, 2014 at 4:11 PM

I am flying into Nairobi and need to get to Arusha for a safari. Precision Air flies from Nairobi to Kilimanjaro but have read some pretty bad reviews about their service. There is also a bus service but I am unfamiliar with border crossing procedures and admittedly a little apprehensive. Any advice and experiences would be greatly appreciated.

8 Answers Jul 19, 2014 at 10:33 PM
    • Nairobi to Masai Mara via Safari Link

Masai Mara Game Reserve Jul 3, 2014 at 11:57 PM

Hi, I am travelling in about two weeks time from Dubai to Nairobi and onwards to Masai Mara (Keekorock Lodge) by Safarilink flight. I heard that they have issues with baggage storage in the Safarilink flight. Does anyone know the flight can take in a normal soft top Delsy Suitcase ? Or are we supposed to carry only small bags ? Some guidance will help. Thanks

3 Answers Jul 4, 2014 at 3:58 AM
    • When is the best time to see game drive in Lake Nakuru Park, Nairobi, Masai Mara in 2014?

Kenya Jul 2, 2014 at 10:49 PM

I am planning to go to Nairobi, Kenya around mid Aug to late Aug. Is it a high chance to see game drive during that time? Please advise. Thanks,

4 Answers Jul 29, 2014 at 3:52 AM
    • Nairobi to Arusha/Mwanza

Nairobi Jul 2, 2014 at 8:46 AM

Hi all, I realise my question is very similar to Wawszczyk so I am sorry for the repition. I will also be flying into Nairobi and hoping to get a bus to Arusha and on to Mwanza. My problem is that most reviews and forums say that buses only make this journey twice a day 8am and 2pm. My flight arrives in Nairobi at 13.40. Does this mean I will need to stay a night in Nairobi and get a bus the next day or does anyone know of any bus/shuttle companies who begin the journey at a later time.

Thanks for the advice

4 Answers Jul 3, 2014 at 2:29 PM
    • Travel from Nairobi to Tanzania

Nairobi Jun 28, 2014 at 8:44 AM

Given the latest travel warnings from the FCO about terrorist threats in and around Nairobi, what would you advise as being the safest way to travel form Nairobi Jomo Kenyatta airport to either Arusha or Mwanza - air or bus? Is it ok to wait to get visas on arrival in Kenya flying from England to Nairobi arriving 7.25am July 12th and heading straight on to Tanzania).
      thanks,
      Stefan

4 Answers Jun 30, 2014 at 5:23 AM