Kenya

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• MisaH's Profile Photo

Maasai Village

I heard about a Maasai village that is near the Iremito gate. Does anyone have any information about it? For instance - how does it look? How big is it? How many Maasai people live there? Is it a big community or just a few people?
      Thank you for any answers :o)
      Misa

6 Answers 13 hours ago
    • Trip to Masaimara

Nairobi Apr 15, 2014 at 5:06 AM

How can I book trip to Masai Mara reserve?

2 Answers Yesterday
    • Most beautiful and romantic place in Africa

Kenya Apr 14, 2014 at 3:12 AM

I want to go for a trip with my wife next month.I decided go to the african countries because I heard a lot about these countries natural beauty.Can you suggest me the best romantic and beautiful place in africa????

7 Answers Apr 15, 2014 at 3:06 AM
    • harrisonm's Profile Photo
    • May in Mara

Masai Mara Game Reserve Apr 9, 2014 at 3:57 AM

We are going to Governors Camp in mid May 2014. Has anyone got a view of what the weather could be and also how prolific will the wildlife be at that time of year. Thanks

2 Answers Apr 10, 2014 at 3:21 AM
    • Travel in Kenya - then down to Johannesburg

Kenya Apr 8, 2014 at 1:01 AM

Hi,

I'm planning to spend a month in Africa - I'm hoping to spend most of my time in Kenya, before spending some time in Tanzania then probably flying from there to Johannesburg. I'm going on my own - but can't afford a heap of tours...
      Can anyone recommend a decent budget tour so I can get to some of the parks, OR tell me the best way to see Kenya, perhaps without doing a tour. I have a limited budget.

Any tips would be much appreciated!

9 Answers 13 hours ago
    • Day trip to Nanyuki in Kenya

Nanyuki Apr 7, 2014 at 12:40 AM

My family and I would like to visit Nanyuki on a day trip and we would like to get the most from this trip. What interesting activities can we engage in? We have a seven year old boy and a two year old girl.

3 Answers 20 hours ago
    • Game drive costs

Masai Mara Game Reserve Mar 15, 2014 at 3:00 PM

What is the typical cost to do a game drive? Can you request a time? When is the best time to do game drives? From my research it appears morning and late afternoon may be best. My preference is obviously to see what I can and to organize my time that makes the most sense. I will be traveling in mid July 2014. In advance, thank you!

7 Answers Mar 31, 2014 at 1:42 PM
    • Has anyone of you been to the Sandai-Farm in Kenya?

Kenya Mar 13, 2014 at 7:19 AM

My question is, if anyone has been to the self-catering cottages on Sandai Farm (self-catering-kenya.com) yet?
      The reviews for the Sandai Farm on tripadvisor look super, but i could find any reviews about the self-catering cottages.

Thank you in advance,

Ulla

• Safety driving from Nairobi to Masai Mara

Masai Mara Game Reserve Mar 3, 2014 at 1:17 PM

How safe is the drive from Nairobi airport to the Masai Game Reserve Area?

7 Answers Mar 20, 2014 at 1:30 PM
    • fortune3018's Profile Photo

about cars in nairobi

Nairobi Mar 3, 2014 at 2:16 AM

Hi. NExt month I am coming to nairobi . I will stay there 3 years. first of my question is about car. In my country if you are foreign you can buy the car from foreign to foreign and you don't pay any taxes. Because of this these cars are cheaper according to the peers. May I buy a car this type... ıf not how are the car prices. I will need a small car when ı come to nairobi. and what about the rental house prices(in muthaiga especially).? I will need a small house(1 bedroom) and of course must be secured. and you think should I rent with furnitere or free hose and I get the furniture. Thank you for answers.

16 Answers Mar 21, 2014 at 12:57 AM
    • cheapest rate tickets

Mombasa Island Feb 18, 2014 at 2:24 AM

what is the cheap rate ticket to mombasa destination from london i need to know more cheap rate than Euro Africa Travel

3 Answers Feb 18, 2014 at 3:56 AM
    • ElisaG's Profile Photo

is it sure to travel from kenya to ethiopia by bus?

Kenya Feb 11, 2014 at 5:54 AM

I have to go out of East Africa because my visa is expiring, and I would like to go to Ethiopia. The problem is that if you have to go by plain is to expensive, and going by ear you have to pass to some regions that maybe have tribal fights.. So my question is, is it safe to travel from kenya to ethiopia by matatu? What do you guys think?

4 Answers Feb 13, 2014 at 12:29 PM
    • Happy Hour

Nairobi Area Feb 3, 2014 at 3:20 AM

Any decent happy hour spots in Nairobi?

3 Answers Feb 3, 2014 at 1:23 PM
    • family in Nyeri?

Kenya Jan 29, 2014 at 1:16 PM

Maybe a strange place to start looking for family, but my great grandfather stayed in Nyeri for a few years somewhere around 1910. His name was Jan de Vries. At that time he was an unmarried young man. Now I'm wondering if there might be family in Kenya that I don't know of. Maybe someone can help me with this. Thank you very much.

Helma

5 Answers Feb 28, 2014 at 5:16 AM
    • Absolute Africa Overland tour Nairobi-Capetown 56 days

Nairobi Jan 29, 2014 at 6:17 AM

Hi everyone!
      I am planning an overland tour departing on 13th of February (in just 2 weeks!) On several fora I saw mixed comments, one found AA wonderful and the other horrible. Does anyone have experience with this tour and operator?
      Thanks a lot!

5 Answers Mar 21, 2014 at 11:01 AM
    • From Watamu to Lamu

Kenya Jan 18, 2014 at 4:32 PM

Hi, I would like to know the best way to get to Lamu, from Watamu. Is it worth to book a flight? How reliable is the bus trip and how much it costs? Where do the buses depart?
      Thanks!

5 Answers Jan 25, 2014 at 11:19 PM
    • Kenya itinerary - 10 days

Kenya Jan 14, 2014 at 8:15 AM

Hi,

I'm hoping you can help. I'm going to Kenya at the beginning of February and will be spending 10 days there. I'm flying out from the UK to Nairobi to visit a friend who is working there.

This will be my first time in Kenya so I'm keen to see as much as possible (although I realise that 10 days is nowhere long enough, it's all I have so I'll have to try!). We'd like to do the classic safari/coast and possibly some time in Nairobi itself and have pencilled in a rough itinerary as follows:

- Fri AM - fly from Nairobi to coast - Mombasa/Malindi?
      - Sat - day at coast (Mombasa/Malindi?)
      - Sun - day at coast (Diani beach?)
      - Mon - day at coast (Diani beach?), fly back from Mombasa
      - Tues - safari (Masai Mara? Drive/fly?)
      - Weds - safari
      - Thurs - safari
      - Fri - drive/fly back to Nairobi, spend day in Nairobi and meet friends
      - Sat - day in Nairobi (Karen Blixen museum, elephant orphanage, giraffe centre)

Also interested in Nakuru/ Naivasha (cycling in Hell's Gate etc.) but not sure where we could fit that in!

Could anyone please offer advice on things we should include/omit? Totally open to suggestion and working to a budget of around £500 for the whole of the trip (flights have already been paid for).

Thank you so much!

7 Answers Feb 8, 2014 at 1:12 PM
    • Best Camera lens length for photos of Kilmanjaro from Amboseli

Amboseli National Park Jan 10, 2014 at 7:07 PM

a) full frame photos of the mountain in the distance
      b) photos of people or animals with K in the distance.

13 Answers Jan 25, 2014 at 8:11 AM
    • Travelling solo: looking to join safari

Kenya Jan 10, 2014 at 11:33 AM

Hi there,

I will be in Kenya from late Feb to early March. Would love to connect with anyone travelling around and wanting to explore by bus or organized safari.

4 Answers Feb 8, 2014 at 1:25 PM
    • Kenya safari, join us

Kenya Jan 9, 2014 at 3:56 AM

We two persons from Romania are going to Kenya for a safari holiday at the end of this Month, January 28th. We will be taking the 9-day ( e-safaris.com/our-safaris-an... )safari package from e safaris Kenya. We really like this itinerary but cost is a bit prohibitive. We are looking for two or more people to share the costs. We are not rich but we would like to experience a Kenyan safari. We arrive Nairobi on the night of 27th January.

5 Answers Jan 10, 2014 at 12:18 PM
    • Is Kenya Safe?!

Kenya Jan 7, 2014 at 3:36 PM

Hi, me, my partner and our 7 and 5 year olds are going to Mombasa in February. I have been worried about the suspected terrorist attacks lately and spoke to Thompson who said I would get charged 70%!! Am I over panicking about my families safety over there? Thanks guys!

6 Answers Jan 25, 2014 at 11:34 PM
    • Travel mates for safari

Masai Mara Game Reserve Jan 6, 2014 at 3:33 PM

Hi, me and my boyfriend are doing a 4 day safari from Nairobi to Masai Mara (3 days) and Lake Nakuru (1 day). We are most certainly departing from Nairobi on february 9th. Anyone interested in travelling with us and sharing costs? We already have a tour operator contacted that a friend recommend us. We are also flexible with the dates. Let us know!

2 Answers Jan 21, 2014 at 12:12 AM
    • From Mombasa airport to Diani or Malindi?

Mombasa Jan 6, 2014 at 10:23 AM

Hi, I'm arriving at Mombasa airport at 1:30 AM. At these hours, are there any transfer buses to Mombasa town? What would you recommend me if a I can't afford a taxi?
      Other question, how safe is Diani Beach? Is it safer to go directly to Malindi, Watamu or Lamu?
      Thanks so much!

5 Answers Jan 7, 2014 at 11:59 PM
    • Bus travel

Maralal Jan 1, 2014 at 9:25 PM

How much does a local bus cost to Maralal

2 Answers Jan 1, 2014 at 11:43 PM
    • What to do?

Lake Naivasha Jan 1, 2014 at 2:27 AM

Hey.. My name is Sheila and I was looking for something to do with my family just for the afternoon in Naivasha. What is the ideal way to spend time there for just the afternoon?

3 Answers Feb 17, 2014 at 12:20 AM
    • mateslina's Profile Photo

Car Rental

Nairobi Dec 29, 2013 at 4:19 PM

I am 21 years old, is it possible to rent a car in Nairobi?

11 Answers Feb 4, 2014 at 7:15 AM
    • guyfitz's Profile Photo

cheap clean accomadation

Nairobi Dec 23, 2013 at 10:34 AM

are there any cheap clean hotels/guest houses/lodges in nairobi with prices ranging from 20-30 US dollars?

4 Answers Dec 24, 2013 at 11:33 AM
    • barry01's Profile Photo

partners requested on safari journey to Kenya

Kenya Dec 16, 2013 at 1:18 PM

number of people in is 1, we need at least 4 people to join in to reduce the safari budget, the safari journey is going to masai mara, lake nakuru and amboseli park..the journey will departure on the between the 28 th of januari and the 6 th of februari

2 Answers Dec 17, 2013 at 1:51 PM
    • zaher.f's Profile Photo

your advice guys about tour or self safaris...

Kenya Dec 16, 2013 at 1:32 AM

hello..
      i wanna ask which one is better and cheaper to go with a group tour safaris or to do it by myself when i reach kenya ?
      what i mean is if i reach Kenya example can i get hells Gate and after Naivasha by taxi or bus and get from there a 4 runner or guide to explore the place ? same thing for Nakuru ,mara and Amboseli ?
      AND IS IT SAFE FOR JUMPING FROM TOWN OR PARK TO ANOTHER BY PUBLIC TRANSPORT ?

thanks...

11 Answers Dec 17, 2013 at 12:03 PM