Travel Answers
Kenya

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• How long does it take to get a transit visa at Nairobi Airport?

Nairobi Jul 17, 2014 at 4:12 PM

My daughter travelled to Kilimanjaro airport via Nairobi airport last Sunday. She was told that she wouldn't need a transit visa, but because she was flying different airlines into and out of the airport she had a nightmare trying to get her baggage! She did manage to get it finally but she ended up in departures really late with no boarding pass and still carrying her hold luggage and had to argue with the person on the gate for a long time before they finally allowed her to board the flight. Very stressful for a 19 year old!
      She wants to avoid the same problem on her return but doesn't have a lot of time between flights - hence the question.
      Appreciate any help anyone can give!.

more
    • Shoping in Nairobi

Nairobi Jul 18, 2014 at 11:57 AM

How much should I expect to pay for an elephant hair bracelet in Nairobi?

more
    • Hotels near the airport in Nairobi

Nairobi Jul 5, 2014 at 8:08 AM

I am overnighting in Nairobi between flights to Arusha. Does anyone have a hotel they would recommend near the airport?

Thanks

more
    • Nairobi to Masai Mara via Safari Link

Masai Mara Game Reserve Jul 3, 2014 at 11:57 PM

Hi, I am travelling in about two weeks time from Dubai to Nairobi and onwards to Masai Mara (Keekorock Lodge) by Safarilink flight. I heard that they have issues with baggage storage in the Safarilink flight. Does anyone know the flight can take in a normal soft top Delsy Suitcase ? Or are we supposed to carry only small bags ? Some guidance will help. Thanks

more
    • When is the best time to see game drive in Lake Nakuru Park, Nairobi, Masai Mara in 2014?

Kenya Jul 2, 2014 at 10:49 PM

I am planning to go to Nairobi, Kenya around mid Aug to late Aug. Is it a high chance to see game drive during that time? Please advise. Thanks,

more
    • Vehicle access

Tsavo National Park East Jul 5, 2014 at 6:18 AM

Can I, or should I, drive a Toyota Corolla in the Park?

more
    • Nairobi to Arusha/Mwanza

Nairobi Jul 2, 2014 at 8:46 AM

Hi all, I realise my question is very similar to Wawszczyk so I am sorry for the repition. I will also be flying into Nairobi and hoping to get a bus to Arusha and on to Mwanza. My problem is that most reviews and forums say that buses only make this journey twice a day 8am and 2pm. My flight arrives in Nairobi at 13.40. Does this mean I will need to stay a night in Nairobi and get a bus the next day or does anyone know of any bus/shuttle companies who begin the journey at a later time.

Thanks for the advice

more
    • Travel from Nairobi to Tanzania

Nairobi Jun 28, 2014 at 8:44 AM

Given the latest travel warnings from the FCO about terrorist threats in and around Nairobi, what would you advise as being the safest way to travel form Nairobi Jomo Kenyatta airport to either Arusha or Mwanza - air or bus? Is it ok to wait to get visas on arrival in Kenya flying from England to Nairobi arriving 7.25am July 12th and heading straight on to Tanzania).
      thanks,
      Stefan

more
    • Equipment and Contact

Watamu Jul 9, 2014 at 3:04 AM

-Who should we contact for arranging this?
      -Are Crocs also good for closed shoes or not?

more
    • what is the best way to get from Nairobi airport to Arusha Tanzania?

Nairobi Jul 4, 2014 at 4:11 PM

I am flying into Nairobi and need to get to Arusha for a safari. Precision Air flies from Nairobi to Kilimanjaro but have read some pretty bad reviews about their service. There is also a bus service but I am unfamiliar with border crossing procedures and admittedly a little apprehensive. Any advice and experiences would be greatly appreciated.

more
    • Shoping in Nairobi

Nairobi Jul 18, 2014 at 11:57 AM

How much should I expect to pay for an elephant hair bracelet in Nairobi?

3 Answers Jul 19, 2014 at 3:26 PM
    • How long does it take to get a transit visa at Nairobi Airport?

Nairobi Jul 17, 2014 at 4:12 PM

My daughter travelled to Kilimanjaro airport via Nairobi airport last Sunday. She was told that she wouldn't need a transit visa, but because she was flying different airlines into and out of the airport she had a nightmare trying to get her baggage! She did manage to get it finally but she ended up in departures really late with no boarding pass and still carrying her hold luggage and had to argue with the person on the gate for a long time before they finally allowed her to board the flight. Very stressful for a 19 year old!
      She wants to avoid the same problem on her return but doesn't have a lot of time between flights - hence the question.
      Appreciate any help anyone can give!.

1 Answer Jul 17, 2014 at 7:13 PM
    • Equipment and Contact

Watamu Jul 9, 2014 at 3:04 AM

-Who should we contact for arranging this?
      -Are Crocs also good for closed shoes or not?

4 Answers Jul 9, 2014 at 7:00 AM
    • Hotels near the airport in Nairobi

Nairobi Jul 5, 2014 at 8:08 AM

I am overnighting in Nairobi between flights to Arusha. Does anyone have a hotel they would recommend near the airport?

Thanks

3 Answers Jul 6, 2014 at 2:32 AM
    • Vehicle access

Tsavo National Park East Jul 5, 2014 at 6:18 AM

Can I, or should I, drive a Toyota Corolla in the Park?

4 Answers Jul 10, 2014 at 11:03 AM
    • what is the best way to get from Nairobi airport to Arusha Tanzania?

Nairobi Jul 4, 2014 at 4:11 PM

I am flying into Nairobi and need to get to Arusha for a safari. Precision Air flies from Nairobi to Kilimanjaro but have read some pretty bad reviews about their service. There is also a bus service but I am unfamiliar with border crossing procedures and admittedly a little apprehensive. Any advice and experiences would be greatly appreciated.

8 Answers Jul 19, 2014 at 10:33 PM
    • Nairobi to Masai Mara via Safari Link

Masai Mara Game Reserve Jul 3, 2014 at 11:57 PM

Hi, I am travelling in about two weeks time from Dubai to Nairobi and onwards to Masai Mara (Keekorock Lodge) by Safarilink flight. I heard that they have issues with baggage storage in the Safarilink flight. Does anyone know the flight can take in a normal soft top Delsy Suitcase ? Or are we supposed to carry only small bags ? Some guidance will help. Thanks

3 Answers Jul 4, 2014 at 3:58 AM
    • When is the best time to see game drive in Lake Nakuru Park, Nairobi, Masai Mara in 2014?

Kenya Jul 2, 2014 at 10:49 PM

I am planning to go to Nairobi, Kenya around mid Aug to late Aug. Is it a high chance to see game drive during that time? Please advise. Thanks,

3 Answers Jul 13, 2014 at 4:05 AM
    • Nairobi to Arusha/Mwanza

Nairobi Jul 2, 2014 at 8:46 AM

Hi all, I realise my question is very similar to Wawszczyk so I am sorry for the repition. I will also be flying into Nairobi and hoping to get a bus to Arusha and on to Mwanza. My problem is that most reviews and forums say that buses only make this journey twice a day 8am and 2pm. My flight arrives in Nairobi at 13.40. Does this mean I will need to stay a night in Nairobi and get a bus the next day or does anyone know of any bus/shuttle companies who begin the journey at a later time.

Thanks for the advice

4 Answers Jul 3, 2014 at 2:29 PM
    • Travel from Nairobi to Tanzania

Nairobi Jun 28, 2014 at 8:44 AM

Given the latest travel warnings from the FCO about terrorist threats in and around Nairobi, what would you advise as being the safest way to travel form Nairobi Jomo Kenyatta airport to either Arusha or Mwanza - air or bus? Is it ok to wait to get visas on arrival in Kenya flying from England to Nairobi arriving 7.25am July 12th and heading straight on to Tanzania).
      thanks,
      Stefan

4 Answers Jun 30, 2014 at 5:23 AM
    • Please email me catalog of hand woven or spun rugs or mats.

Nanyuki Jun 15, 2014 at 5:55 PM

I would like to buy a hand woven or spun rug or mat. Please inform me how.

2 Answers Jun 15, 2014 at 6:57 PM
    • a place to have a party

Nairobi Jun 15, 2014 at 8:54 AM

I'm looking for a place that i can have my birth day party. The place is to be very spacious and have a stage. I am an artist who is hoping to perform on that night, where can i find such a place

2 Answers Jun 16, 2014 at 3:29 AM
    • NAKURU NATIONAL PARK

Nakuru Jun 12, 2014 at 10:28 PM

How can i get nakuru national park fron nakuru twn through public transport means

1 Answer Jun 14, 2014 at 4:40 AM
    • gmaxcy's Profile Photo

What Things do I have to know when going to a Safari in Nakuru

Nakuru Jun 7, 2014 at 12:31 PM

Hello, I'm planning to take three of my kids from an orphanage I support in Kenya to a safari in Nakuru we are 6 adults and three children. Could someone recommend a hotel and give me any useful tips while traveling there? Where to stay, what to avoid? This is my first time there and for the kids too.

8 Answers Jun 28, 2014 at 5:40 AM
    • AllThingsShining's Profile Photo

Moyale to Nairobi

Kenya May 17, 2014 at 1:19 AM

Hi everyone
      I'm seeking advice on taking the bus from Moyale to Nairobi. I know there's a thread below concerning the safety of this journey but I was wondering if anyone had any information regarding the alleged direct bus that is now operating on this route. Some of the more up to date posts around various travel forums indicate that such a bus leaves every day at 7am and has an armed guard aboard. Has anyone any experience of this? I've also read that the roads are greatly improved now making the journey more comfortable - is this true? Any advice would be great guys.
      I'd quickly like to thank croisbeauty and sphynxxs for their help so far.

1 Answer May 20, 2014 at 10:52 AM
    • Safe travel from Diani to Mombassa Airport

Mombasa May 16, 2014 at 3:07 AM

Hi,

I am going to a friends wedding in July in Diani beach. We were planning on getting the overnight train from Nairobi-Mombassa for the experience and then flying back from Mombassa to Nairobi (flights already booked and paid for).

However, in light of the recent FCO guidance changing, I'm a little nervous to go through Mombassa Island. I'm considering booking a flight down from Nairobi to Diani with Airkenya. Since I have already booked the return journey from Mombassa aiport, does anyone know if there is a way of getting from Diani to Mombassa Moi airport without going through Mombassa Island?

Thanks in advance.

4 Answers Jun 19, 2014 at 7:01 AM
    • Lake Bogoria water levels

Lake Bogoria May 11, 2014 at 4:46 AM

Hi,

My partner and I are planning a trip where we'll be spending a few days in Kenya at the tail end of it. We thought of going on a tour to Lake Nakuru and Bogoria but have read so many stories about rising water levels and flooding. Does anyone have information to offer as to whether or not a tour to these places are still possible? Admittedly things could get a lot worse between now and June, when we're traveling, but also imagine tourism is a vital source of income for these communities and so would still like to go if this still seems reasonable.

If it seems like a poor idea, are there any other attractions that you'd recommend for a tour over a couple of days

11 Answers Jul 4, 2014 at 5:37 AM
    • Mombasa or Nairobi

Mombasa May 2, 2014 at 5:16 PM

We're staying in Malindi and have to find transfers. I was wondering if any one knew which would be a better choice, Nairobi or Mombassa. Also if we flew into Nairobi are there flight out of there everyday? We live in Canada, how would we even go about booking flights from here. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

8 Answers May 25, 2014 at 4:50 AM
    • carisma22's Profile Photo

Like To Meet Virtual Members From Nairobi

Nairobi Apr 20, 2014 at 5:16 AM

Are there any Virtual Tourist From Nairobi Kenya?

4 Answers Apr 28, 2014 at 7:40 AM
    • MisaH's Profile Photo

Maasai Village

Amboseli National Park Apr 15, 2014 at 1:13 PM

I heard about a Maasai village that is near the Iremito gate. Does anyone have any information about it? For instance - how does it look? How big is it? How many Maasai people live there? Is it a big community or just a few people?
      Thank you for any answers :o)
      Misa

6 Answers Jul 14, 2014 at 7:44 AM
    • Trip to Masaimara

Nairobi Apr 15, 2014 at 5:06 AM

How can I book trip to Masai Mara reserve?

3 Answers Jun 5, 2014 at 11:55 PM
    • Most beautiful and romantic place in Africa

Kenya Apr 14, 2014 at 3:12 AM

I want to go for a trip with my wife next month.I decided go to the african countries because I heard a lot about these countries natural beauty.Can you suggest me the best romantic and beautiful place in africa????

14 Answers Jun 17, 2014 at 4:04 AM
    • harrisonm's Profile Photo
    • May in Mara

Masai Mara Game Reserve Apr 9, 2014 at 3:57 AM

We are going to Governors Camp in mid May 2014. Has anyone got a view of what the weather could be and also how prolific will the wildlife be at that time of year. Thanks

1 Answer Jul 14, 2014 at 7:47 AM
    • Travel in Kenya - then down to Johannesburg

Kenya Apr 8, 2014 at 1:01 AM

Hi,

I'm planning to spend a month in Africa - I'm hoping to spend most of my time in Kenya, before spending some time in Tanzania then probably flying from there to Johannesburg. I'm going on my own - but can't afford a heap of tours...
      Can anyone recommend a decent budget tour so I can get to some of the parks, OR tell me the best way to see Kenya, perhaps without doing a tour. I have a limited budget.

Any tips would be much appreciated!

6 Answers Jul 14, 2014 at 7:46 AM
    • Day trip to Nanyuki in Kenya

Nanyuki Apr 7, 2014 at 12:40 AM

My family and I would like to visit Nanyuki on a day trip and we would like to get the most from this trip. What interesting activities can we engage in? We have a seven year old boy and a two year old girl.

2 Answers May 5, 2014 at 2:29 PM
    • Game drive costs

Masai Mara Game Reserve Mar 15, 2014 at 3:00 PM

What is the typical cost to do a game drive? Can you request a time? When is the best time to do game drives? From my research it appears morning and late afternoon may be best. My preference is obviously to see what I can and to organize my time that makes the most sense. I will be traveling in mid July 2014. In advance, thank you!

7 Answers Mar 31, 2014 at 1:42 PM
    • Has anyone of you been to the Sandai-Farm in Kenya?

Kenya Mar 13, 2014 at 7:19 AM

My question is, if anyone has been to the self-catering cottages on Sandai Farm (self-catering-kenya.com) yet?
      The reviews for the Sandai Farm on tripadvisor look super, but i could find any reviews about the self-catering cottages.

Thank you in advance,

Ulla

• Safety driving from Nairobi to Masai Mara

Masai Mara Game Reserve Mar 3, 2014 at 1:17 PM

How safe is the drive from Nairobi airport to the Masai Game Reserve Area?

7 Answers Jul 14, 2014 at 7:47 AM
    • fortune3018's Profile Photo

about cars in nairobi

Nairobi Mar 3, 2014 at 2:16 AM

Hi. NExt month I am coming to nairobi . I will stay there 3 years. first of my question is about car. In my country if you are foreign you can buy the car from foreign to foreign and you don't pay any taxes. Because of this these cars are cheaper according to the peers. May I buy a car this type... ıf not how are the car prices. I will need a small car when ı come to nairobi. and what about the rental house prices(in muthaiga especially).? I will need a small house(1 bedroom) and of course must be secured. and you think should I rent with furnitere or free hose and I get the furniture. Thank you for answers.

18 Answers Jun 17, 2014 at 4:33 AM