Chicago Jul 27, 2015 at 11:43 AM

conveniet hotels to views/touristy stuff
      ideas for weekend (Aug 15/16) activities

more
    • Oleg_D.'s Profile Photo

Public order and safety

Chicago Yesterday

Hi dear fellow travelers and especially citizens of Chicago,

As far as I remember last celebration of July 4 was, let me say, noisy in Chicago. The butcher’s bill was seven shot dead including seven years boy whose father has been arrested forty three times but was never imprisoned and who probably was the real target, plus forty wounded. So, my question is, what areas, blocks of Chicago are safe and what dangerous. What areas white European should never enter, should no enter during dark time and so on.
      I hope central part of the city including area with Chicago Institute of fine arts is relatively safe as any European city.

Thank you in advance.

more
    • Oleg_D.'s Profile Photo

Transportation from Chicago, Illinois to Detroit, Michigan

Chicago Jul 30, 2015 at 4:47 AM

What is the best (fastest, cheapest) way to get Detroit, Michigan from Chicago, Illinois? Train? Bus? Airplane?

more
    • How safe is Chicago for students ?

Chicago Jul 13, 2015 at 6:03 AM

Hi,
      Me and My friend are coming to Chicago for our Masters this fall. I will be attending UIC and he is going to attend IIT. Can anyone suggest a safe place in between these two colleges. Some people(not locals) suggested me that IITs location is not safe and commuting from there at night can be dangerous. Because of this problem we are not able to find an apartment which will be safe any convenient for us to commute to our colleges. Can anybody please help me out on this.

more
    • Suburb near Chicago for Families

Chicago Jul 30, 2015 at 9:16 PM

Traveling to Chicago from Columbus Ohio with a 16 and 6 year old for Labor Day Weekend and looking for a suburb suggestion for safe, nice area to stay with about a half hour rail commute into the city? Thanks in advance for any suggestions :)

more