Kenton

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Recommendations for 3 day stop

Portland May 10, 2015 at 11:28 PM

I will be dropping by Portland for about 3 days after a trip in Seattle on June 6-8. After hearing great things about the unique traits of Portland, I was hoping to get some recommendations (can never have enough beer) from some locals on what to do (Mon-Wed) to have a fun relaxing visit.

I love good food and great beer, two things I know Portland is well known for.

more
    • Cowboy experience

Oregon Yesterday

Hi

I hope someone can help me. My husband has always wanted to do a Cowboy experience. I think he means a short horse ride (he has never ridden a horse), camp fires, ranch to stay in overnight, etc, etc. Years ago, he used to play "The Oregon Trail" on our very 1st home PC and whilst that game may not be the best recommendation, he has it in his head that Oregon is the best place to do this.

As we are in the UK and he has a very special birthday next year, I thought I would save up my pennies and surprise him with this as a gift. I think they are called Dude Ranches?

Anyway, I don't know where to start really. I very little knowledge of the Oregon region but thought that as we are travelling so far, it would be nice to incorporate this experience with a fly/drive holiday of the area.

So I guess I am looking for suggestions of sight seeing. i.e. mountains, parks etc to visit and also recommendations of a Dude Ranch. One that can cater for non-experienced riders.

I am thinking of a 14 night holiday, touring.

Thank you so much in advance for any help and suggestions!

more