change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Tips for a night out?

Stratford-upon-Avon Jun 15, 2015 at 5:07 AM

Hi,
      Can anyone recommend a good spot for dancing in Stratford on a saturday night, ideally not one full of teenagers?
      many thanks
      Christina

more
    • ireneqmann's Profile Photo

transportation

London Jun 21, 2015 at 9:51 AM

How do I get to Southampton Pier for cruise from Heathrow airport?

more
    • Transit from Heathrow while flying from Dublin to Delhi

Heathrow Jul 3, 2015 at 2:13 AM

Hi, 

I want to travel from Dublin to Delhi by British Airways. I am an Indian passport holder currently in Ireland on Work Permit. I have Irish GNIB card. I need to Change terminal from T5 to T2 for connecting flight. Do I need transit visa in this case?

Thanks !!

Regards, Nitesh

more
    • Transit on a South African Passport

Heathrow Jul 1, 2015 at 3:25 AM

My client is traveling from South African to Canada via Heathrow. They will be changing terminals during this flight. Will they require a transit via or any other type of visa

more
    • nj0110's Profile Photo

Places to eat and visit

Southampton Jun 8, 2015 at 3:18 AM

Hi,

Kindly let me know for the places of visit in Southampton and nice places to eat with veg options please.

Anything that is must to do in Southampton, please let me know..

thanks in advance.

more
    • rock/gem shop

Bourton on the Water Jun 26, 2015 at 6:45 AM

Does anyone know the details of the rock/gem/crystal shop in Bourton? Name? Telephone number? Website?

more
    • Festival in London

London Jun 18, 2015 at 10:17 AM

Hi everybody

I’m Belgian, and I would like to participate to the festival "British Summer Time" in Saturday 27 june 2015 in London. I need four places. I think there is no more tickets available. So can somebody help me ? Or is it possible to buy four entries tickets locally ? As I plan to stay in London two days, can you advise me a good hotel near the festival and not to expensive ?

Thank you for your help !

more
    • MayyaLarsson's Profile Photo

How to find a tennis partner?

Exeter Jun 15, 2015 at 1:38 AM

Hi! I'm going to be in Exeter under July (educational course)and want to find a person to play tennis with. Is it possible?

more
    • StephanieW7's Profile Photo

Windsor, Bath and Cotswolds as 2 day trips??

London 6 hours ago

Hello all! I have 2 days that I am trying to plan but I am lost on the how to's and if it can be done. Idealy on day one I would like to do Windsor and then go back to the hotel in london. Then on the second day train to bath see the roman baths, the jane austin centre and the circus (we have been to bath once before and are going with newbies - this is all the are interested in) then going out to the cotswolds to see Castle Combe and Bibury and that direction. We only want to see a few towns (2 or 3) before heading back to bath for dinner, then train back to London. I also thought that we could do windsor and cotswolds by rental car on day one. Stay the night someplace in that area and then on to bath the next day spending the day looking/shopping and heading back to london that night. What would be the best option?? I am uneasy about driving on the other side of the road so would option 2 not be a good idea or is it not a big deal? Thanks!! 

**UPDATE** I know this is a lot in the amount of time we have but we just want an overview

more
    • maryttbloomer's Profile Photo

Finchale Priory

England Jul 4, 2015 at 2:47 PM

i'm visiting Durham next month and have heard about this place
      how do we get from durham to it can i walk to it and is there any facilities there ie cafes bars restaurants

more
    • Astyanax's Profile Photo

Seating at The Globe

London Jul 2, 2015 at 12:56 PM

My wife and I enjoyed our tour last year of The Globe theatre and would like to return for a performance. As I recall the benches in the theatre were uncomfortable. The Shakespeare's Globe web site makes it appear that the only seating is on benches. My wife has a bad back and could not sit there for long. Are there any comfortable seats in the Globe?

more
    • Data plan card usage at Edinburgh and London

London Jun 22, 2015 at 9:34 PM

I will be traveling to Edinburgh and London for 2 weeks and i would like to purchase a data plan card for internet and phone calls. I will be landing in Edinburgh first and hope to purchase the data plan card from the airport. Can the same data plan be used at both Edinburgh and London and what are the brands recommendable? Thank you in advance! :)

more
    • 2year old things to do

Southport Jun 22, 2015 at 5:45 AM

What is there to do with my 2yr old son we will b staying in southport next week mon to fri we found a lawnmower museum but thats alll we can find thanks in advance

more
    • Fashion in London

London Jun 18, 2015 at 11:38 AM

Hi everybody,

I’m a Belgian student and i’m 21 years old. I love fashion and I know that London is the place to be there for. Could some Londonian help me to localize a vintage shop of clothing. I will stay in London just for sunday, so i would like to know if this shop is open this day. In addition, I dream to attend to a fashion show. Is anybody able to provide me with usefull information ?

Thanks very much !
      Bye

more
    • London trip

London Jun 18, 2015 at 8:22 AM

Hi,
      I’m from Belgium, and I will be travelling with a few other friends to London in July and we are looking for affordable hotels which are in the more convenient neighbourhoods. Which would be recommended ? In addition, I have also visited the general tourist places ; Parliament Houses, Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, Tower Bridge, Madame Tussauds, and Buckingham Palace. I am planning to be there for three day, so what do you recommend ? Finally, someone had suggestions for good restaurants and bar ?

Thank you for your help !

more
    • Youth group activities

Bournemouth Jun 17, 2015 at 6:28 AM

Hi, I've got a group of 15-20 young people aged, 13-25. Weekend of the 7th Aug.
      Do you know of any hotels (B+Bs, hostels are fine as well) that can accommodate us?
      Also is there any active activities to do on the beach, like jet ski's extra that we can book?

Thanks
      Tina

more
    • nj0110's Profile Photo

Is it the best place to stay for Porthcurno beach and kynance cove

Falmouth Jun 15, 2015 at 8:57 AM

Hi,

I am planning to visit the porthcurno beach and kynance cove over the weekend from Southampton. I have options to access only public transport. can anyone help me plan a trip to these places :
      1. as where could be my base.
      2. IS it better travelling from London or southampton for good prices
      3. what other places can be visited in 2 days
      4. Are there any day tours/trips from the base location.

Thanks in advance..

more
    • 11 hour layover

Heathrow Jul 4, 2015 at 2:07 AM

Hi , i am traveling from ottawa canada to beirut . i arrive at T2 and my next flight is at T3 , my layover is around 11.5 hours and i wanted to know if i need to check out my bags and recheck them in for my next flight, and are there any lounges where i can sleep at ?

more
    • Transport passes in Edinburgh and London

London Jul 1, 2015 at 2:36 AM

I understand that the oyster card will cover London major transport system such as buses, trains. Can it be used in Edinburgh too and if not any transport passes that can cover both Edinburgh and London? If there isn't, what is the best transport pass to purchase for Edinburgh given i am staying in Edinburgh for 5 days? I think i will travel both train and bus there.

Thank you in advance!! :)

more
    • locker facilities at euston station and Victoria

London Jun 29, 2015 at 10:07 AM

Hi all .
      I will be going from london to manchester on 17th July and the train is around 4pm .At euston station can we avail locker facilties so that I can keep the luggage and go to madame tusads .we will be reaching London Gatwick on 14th july and would like to ask if Victoria station also has luggage locker room so that we can move around and then reach our hotel in canary wharf. Plguide

more
    • How to get from Manchester to Chatsworth house

Derbyshire Jun 23, 2015 at 11:05 AM

I am trying to find the easiest way to get from Manchester to Chatsworth House by train or bus. I have researched National Express Coach which will take me to Chesterfield or Sheffield at appropriate times. Then I will need a bus to Bakewell or Chatsworth house? This will be on Thursday August 13.

more
    • Things to do at Liverpool Port?

Liverpool Jun 21, 2015 at 11:12 AM

Hi all -

I will be at Liverpool Port for a day. Are there things to do within walking distance or should I travel out of the area?

Thanks for any responses.

Laura

more
    • Sandemans New London Free Tours

London Jul 1, 2015 at 9:20 AM

I was perusing the London site and came across Sandemans New London free walking tours one of which is the Old City Tour. It meets at the corner of Covent Garden Plazza by the Apple Store Does anyone recommend this tour? If so, can I take the tube from Heathrow Airport to the meeting location? Does anyone suggest buying the oyster pass? Once at the Plazza will there be plenty of points of interest within walking distance or will I need to take public transportation to visit places which if it's the case then I should. consider the pass, correct?

more
    • Points of interest/transportation

London Jun 28, 2015 at 6:36 PM

I have a 12 hour layover in London and would like some recommendations of tourist attractions. Also, would like to know what would be more cost effective: taking public transportation or taxis.

more
    • transit visa

Heathrow Jun 22, 2015 at 3:44 AM

I would like to fly by BA from Turkey to US I am a Turkish citizen in case of having lay over time for 3-7 hours at Heathrow-London do I need to have a transit visa ?

more
    • Fastest way to get there

Dover Feb 15, 2015 at 6:44 PM

can anyone give me advice on how to get from Dover to London and then on to Plymouth? My sister and I are traveling from Canada and are having a hard time trying to book the train.

5 Answers Feb 16, 2015 at 12:53 PM
    • puuzzleguy's Profile Photo

Getting to Heathrow from Dover in the morning

Dover Jan 10, 2015 at 12:51 PM

I'm interested in how easy it is to get to Heathrow by 10:30 am from Dover in early September, leaving the same morning. About what time should I leave Dover and by what means? Any thoughts?

8 Answers Jan 26, 2015 at 1:08 PM
    • Adrenalindaze's Profile Photo

Nightlife in the weekday..?

Folkestone Jul 27, 2014 at 9:37 AM

Hey I was wandering about the bars an any clubs in the local area in the weekdays and what times they would shut?
      Also, I prefer non-commercial places .. Otherwise anywhere with a good atmosphere and music would be perfect :)
      Thanx I'm advance ..

• Adrenalindaze's Profile Photo

Clubs- only for the weekend?

Folkestone Jul 25, 2014 at 3:44 PM

Hi- I was just wandering - are the clubs only open at the weeknd? Also is the crowd mixed? And are there any non-commercial places?
      Thanks in advance!

• what to see

Dover Mar 13, 2014 at 10:30 AM

What's to see in one day close to the cruise port

7 Answers Mar 13, 2014 at 4:18 PM
    • Dover sightseeing buses

Dover Mar 5, 2014 at 2:36 PM

Are there any "on and off" sightseeing buses in Dover?

3 Answers Mar 7, 2014 at 2:58 AM
    • Dover Tour

Dover Mar 1, 2014 at 11:31 AM

Hi

We are 2 girls from Spain and Italy currently living and working in London for a few months.

We want to visit different places around UK, so we will go tomorrow to Dover. We would like to meet someone from here who can explain us the beautiful city and have fun. Does anyone free tomorrow to meet with us?

Sara

3 Answers Mar 3, 2014 at 5:43 AM
    • Any thing for kids?

Rochester Jan 1, 2014 at 11:41 AM

Me and my partner are in Rochester for the day on Saturday. We will have our 2, 4 & 8year old boys with us and was wondering if there is anywhere kid friendly to grab a bite to eat or any thing worth doing/seeing etc. Also if there's any local parks or inside soft play areas? Many thanks and any advice would be appreciated :)

6 Answers Jan 3, 2014 at 4:40 AM
    • KayleighH's Profile Photo

Need the name of a shop!

Hythe Nov 21, 2013 at 1:00 PM

Does anyone know the name of the shop that has taken over the traditional sweet shop. I was in there last week and would like to check to see whether something is still in stock but I do not the name to call them!

The shop always has things stacked outside and a ramp to go up into the shop. It has a vast array of items from clothing (in back right hand corner), crockery, furniture, handmade crafts and so forth. The counter is in the back left. Last time I was in there they had some lovely handmade children shoes!

Please help! :-)

1 Answer Nov 21, 2013 at 2:14 PM
    • Christmas holidays in Canterbury

Canterbury Nov 2, 2013 at 8:46 AM

Hi everyone! I'm planning to spend my Christmas holidays in Canterbury. Can you advise me a good hotel? Thanks for your help.

2 Answers Nov 3, 2013 at 1:34 AM
    • shuttle bus from Dover Priory Station to East Docks Ferry Port

Dover Oct 9, 2013 at 2:12 AM

Where can I get a timetable for this service

1 Answer Oct 9, 2013 at 2:53 AM
    • around dover

Dover Oct 6, 2013 at 9:35 AM

i need a route by bus to show a visitor historical places in dover arriving by train

1 Answer Oct 7, 2013 at 4:41 AM
    • Surrounding Dover

Dover Sep 27, 2013 at 1:11 PM

We are catching a boat to Iceland and thought of staying a couple of nights in Dover prior to embarkatiobn. Have you any suggestions of places to visit in the surrounding areas. Is there a area bus tour? We are OK with one castle but would like to see other stuff
      Thanks
      Kiwis from NZ

8 Answers Sep 28, 2013 at 3:29 AM
    • Margate England coach station

Margate Sep 2, 2013 at 11:09 AM

We will be Margate on Sunday Sept 15, 2013 for about 10 hours midday. We arrive by National Express Coach. Margate is the birthplace of my wife's father. Does anyone know if there is luggage storage at the coach station. Also, what is the best way to get around. I assume we will have to hire a taxi to find his old home address.

5 Answers Sep 3, 2013 at 11:01 AM
    • London to Dover

Dover Aug 18, 2013 at 4:22 PM

Going out of Dover on a cruise. Thought of taking a bus from Victoria coach Station to Dover and getting a taxi to the port. How far is the cruise port from the Dover ferry and is it easy to get a taxi there? Approximately how much should the cab cost?

Any other suggestions for transportation from London to Dover would be appreciated.

3 Answers Aug 18, 2013 at 11:42 PM
    • Independer's Profile Photo

I will be studyng at University of Kent on Sep 2013

Canterbury Jul 24, 2013 at 11:48 PM

I will be studying at University of Kent on Sep 2013 and I want to know what is the best location for me and my family (wife and daughter) to stay? nearby the university and nearby the city center?
      what is better to take a flat of 1 bedroom or studi it will suit us?
      Can I find apartment while im there or it will be difficult?

10 Answers Aug 21, 2013 at 5:38 AM
    • day trips to france

Broadstairs Jul 24, 2013 at 1:08 PM

where can we go to france from for the day

5 Answers Jul 25, 2013 at 4:02 PM
    • balramdass's Profile Photo

Cruise ship to Dover town

Dover May 28, 2013 at 7:45 AM

Hi All. We will be cruising from Dover in July. Will be parking my car at the docks. Just wondering how far are the main tourist attractions in Dover before boarding the ship. Any local pubs around docks recommended before paying the steep cruise prices on ship :-) Any real local places to see?, thanks
      All suggestions appreciated in advance
      Bal

5 Answers Jul 22, 2013 at 2:05 PM
    • toddler bank holiday weekend in canterbury

Canterbury May 21, 2013 at 2:30 AM

Hello
      looking to be in canterbury may 26th bank holiday sunday / monday / tuesday
      have a 3 year old - looking for attratctions for him aswell

accomodation rapidly running out as limited budget
      any ideas across the board would be good

1 Answer May 21, 2013 at 4:47 AM
    • how many days in Canterbury

Canterbury Apr 19, 2013 at 6:50 AM

Canterbury seems to be promoted as a day trip from London. Is there enough to do there for 4 days? Arrving by train/bus - no car.

11 Answers Apr 20, 2013 at 11:10 AM
    • collegeprof's Profile Photo

Taxi/Driver to Southampton?

Tunbridge Wells Apr 9, 2013 at 3:28 PM

Hi,  We're staying in Tunbridge Wells for 4 days before a cruise on June 8th and wondered how to get from TW to Southampton on June 7th.  Public transport is not easy, and I cannot seem to find a reliable private transfer company or taxi.  I must be searching incorrectly.  Thanks in advance...

4 Answers Apr 10, 2013 at 8:23 AM
    • collegeprof's Profile Photo

Transport to Southampton

Tunbridge Wells Apr 9, 2013 at 3:21 PM

Is there any easy way to get from Tunbridge Wells to Southampton for a cruise?

1 Answer Apr 10, 2013 at 3:59 AM
    • SaraT58's Profile Photo

Bus prices

Canterbury Mar 26, 2013 at 2:39 PM

How much will a single adult bus fare cost me from Canterbury route No 3X to Maidstone?

3 Answers Mar 26, 2013 at 11:41 PM
    • Moving to Canterbury, never been-any feedback on the place?

Canterbury Mar 15, 2013 at 5:16 PM

I am moving to Canterbury for a temporary job and would like to know any pros and cons about the place before I go. Any factual information will help a great deal, personal experience and personal opinions of the place would help also. Any feedback about the schools, the transportation, places to go, safety of the town, etc. would be much appreciated.

9 Answers Mar 26, 2013 at 11:47 PM
    • SandiM's Profile Photo

Canterbury tour companies

Canterbury Oct 3, 2012 at 8:30 AM

Can someone suggest a tourgroup or website I can contact that MIGHT do a daytrip from Canterbury to both Scotney Castle and Bodiam Castle? Without breaking the bank? We don't drive, must rely upon minivan tours or somesuch. Also posting in London thread, since we can take a train from London or start our tour from there.

9 Answers Oct 4, 2012 at 10:00 AM
    • annahill's Profile Photo

Getting from the train to the ferry in Dover

Dover Sep 14, 2012 at 4:37 PM

I am planning on taking the train from london to Dover, then the ferry to Calais, France. Does anyone have a suggestion as to how I get from the train station to the ferry station? Also if I leave London early enough can I visit Canterbury on my way to Dover without too much trouble? Thank you for your help.

5 Answers Sep 16, 2012 at 6:11 PM
    • Which beach toen to visit?

Canterbury Sep 4, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Hi,

We'll be staying in Canterbury for 2 days, and since the coast is so close we'd like to take a Stagecoast bus to one of the nearby beach towns. Which is prettiest/most scenic or most worth visiting, in your opinion? Some options are Herne Bay, Whitstaple, Ramsgate, and Broadstairs. From Broadstairs is it easy to get to the beach with white cliffs?

Thank you for your help.

Cathy

7 Answers Sep 4, 2012 at 2:33 PM
    • CeriRQ's Profile Photo

taxi

Tunbridge Wells Jul 24, 2012 at 11:44 AM

just wondering if anyone knows roughly how much a taxi would be from the train station to clanridge medical centre TN4 9TP? Thanks

4 Answers Jul 24, 2012 at 2:47 PM
    • Gatwick to Sevenoaks

Kent May 11, 2012 at 7:39 PM

I arrive at Gatwick in July at about 9pm. I was going to be staying with a friend in Clapham, so transport was easy. My friend has just sold his house and will have moved to Sevenoaks by July. What is the best way to reach Sevenoaks from Gatwick? Minicab or is there a train?

7 Answers May 21, 2012 at 2:10 AM
    • Places to eat

Rochester Jan 19, 2012 at 1:20 AM

Would like a list of places one can eat near to the museum please.

2 Answers Dec 31, 2013 at 9:58 AM