change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• SFHulaGIrl's Profile Photo

7th Ward Safety

New Orleans Aug 21, 2014 at 3:25 PM

I will arrive in New Orleans mid-week next week. A local there wants me to join her at Celebration Hall in the 7th Ward to hear the brass bands play on Wednesday night. She said that she often goes by Celebration Hall on her bike during the day, but would only go there in a cab at night. She also mentioned that she's been unable to convince anyone to go there with her for more than year. In addition, I was interested in going to Bullet's Sports Bar (alone) in the 7th Ward on Friday night to hear some live music. My question is this, exactly how safe is the 7th Ward? Some have said that cabs refuse to go there. Others have said that the crime rate is higher there than in other parts of New Orleans. Has anyone been to either Celebration Hall or Bullet's Sports Bar? Should I reconsider going both places? Looking for some honest advice from either a local or people who have been to either place.

more
    • 5 days in NO what to do and see,

New Orleans Sep 12, 2014 at 3:28 AM

I am 78 years old traveling with my family , son , daughter and teenage granddaughter, we have 5 days in NO, AND WOULD LIKE SOME OPINION WHAT TO DO for 5days , I love jazz, so I will be looking for some jazz places, but what to do for the others , I can not drag a 15 year old to bars so please suggest some places to visit , things to do so everybody happy there .
      thank you Tom.

more