Kenmare Travel Answers

change location
kirstylm's Profile Photo

Accommodation

by kirstylm Online Now Apr 25, 2006 at 12:16 PM

Does anyone know of a decent place to stay - preferably something fairly central (close to restaurants for supper), not too pricey, needing it for 6 adults.

Quote & Answer
7 Answers
  • PeteNL's Profile Photo

RE: Accommodation

by PeteNL Online Now Apr 25, 2006 at 1:17 PM

Hi,
    there used to be a great place called the Wander Inn, very central on Henry Street (just around the corner from a music pub called "the Square Pint", but I couldn't find it on the websites anymore... Maybe try some of the other (recommended) accommodations on the 2 portal site, www.neidin.net and www.kenmare.com. On neidin.net are 2 hostels that sound ok.

Hope it helps! Have a great trip!
    P.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • rexvaughan's Profile Photo

RE: Accommodation

by rexvaughan Online Now Apr 25, 2006 at 2:35 PM

I never know what people mean by 'not too pricey' as this varies so much. However, we stayed at the Riversdale house which is about a 10 minute walk from the center of town. It is a 3 star and pretty nice place on the river. The walk into town is easy and through a pleasant area. Their website is below.

http://www.riversdalehousehotel.com/

• KenmareKeith's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Accommodation

by KenmareKeith Online Now May 3, 2006 at 11:59 AM

The Wander Inn has just been bought and is currently being renovated so it's not currently open.

There are lots of reasonably priced places to stay.. including quieter ones in the country.
    Keith

by KenmareKeith Online Now May 3, 2006 at 12:02 PM

Sorry but the Riversdale is being renovated currently too - as is the Kenmare Bay (Although they are still open and accepting guests)

If you let me know what price range you want to pay I can suggest some places - I run a b&b a couple of miles out of Kenmare.
    Prices here start at 25 Euro per person per night and go up to a rather giddy 1500 Euro for a suite in a 4 star hotel ...

Keith

• PeteNL's Profile Photo

by PeteNL Online Now May 3, 2006 at 12:28 PM

Ah, so that's why I couldn't find the Wander Inn on the net right now- hopw the new owners keep it's old style!

• kirstylm's Profile Photo

by kirstylm Online Now May 3, 2006 at 3:00 PM

Thanks to everyone for all the advice and looking up for accommodation. I ended up booking at the Oldchurch House - looks quite decent, and quite central too!

Can't wait for our trip now... I've always wanted to go touring around Kerry! We'll also be staying a night at Tralee, and our last night at Adare!

Thanks again for the advice :-)

by KenmareKeith Online Now May 16, 2006 at 12:34 AM

The Wander Inn is nearing completion and should be kept under the same name.
    The Riversdale Hotel is now open again.
    The Kenmare Bay Hotel is accepting guests and their renovation is nearly completed.
    Keith

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines