Kenai

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Experience Kodiak Island on your own?

Kodiak Island Apr 24, 2015 at 3:07 PM

I'd like to do some bear viewing, hiking, fishing, and other fun stuff while on Kodiak Island. Most of those activities are quite costly with a guide. Is it possible to experience what Kodiak has to offer in term of wildlife viewing without a guide on my own? I appreciate any info. Thanks.

more
    • crowded decks

Alaska Apr 24, 2015 at 11:10 AM

planning may NCL cruise and worried about how crowded public deck areas are for viewing areas? thanks

more
    • Getting to the northern most point in Barrow.

Barrow May 20, 2015 at 10:23 AM

It looks like the northern most point on the road (a badly weathered sign frame sits at the end of the road) is about 10 miles away from the airport. If I go in July can I walk there? I heard taxis are sketchy at best. Rental cars are nearly impossible to get. I've already inquired into 2016 with few available. I guess my only concern besides weather would be wildlife? If anyone could shed any light on this is,it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Ron

more
    • Sampel of 10 days RV trip in interior area

Alaska May 15, 2015 at 8:21 AM

Hello...can anyone shares sample of 10 days trip with RV in interior area starting from Anchorage? Including stops and recommended RV park. We are family of 5 will traveling from 14 to 14 June 2015.

Thank you
      Paulina (Indonesia)

more
    • Restaurant

Barrow May 4, 2015 at 5:42 PM

What is the Mexican take-out restaurant called, next to the Top of the World Hotel?

more
    • Booking ahead or not?

Alaska May 19, 2015 at 7:20 AM

Hey all,
      I will be traveling in Alaska in late July - early September, and plan on hiking and backpacking. No fancy hotels or luxurious cruises.
      I have traveled before, and prefer never to book hostels/parks ahead. I like to just get somewhere, and stay there as much as I want.
      But after reading a bit about Alaska, I wonder if it's better to stick to a strict plan and book everything ahead, or is it possible to just go with the flow and maybe even get some last minute deals?
      Thanks

more
    • best place to see bears

by PierceFamily Online Now Jul 24, 2013 at 4:59 PM

we are going to alaska for the first time, we would love to see brown bears, is there somewhere near kasilof that is a good bet?

sarah

4 Answers Jul 25, 2013 at 2:20 PM
    • Hallo Bay from Homer -- Bears

by acejosie Online Now Feb 2, 2008 at 7:07 PM

We're planning a nine-day stay on Kenai Peninsular around May 26-June 3 approx. 2008 --- wondering if anyone has info on the Hallo bay trips from Homer --- one or two nights possibly. Is this a good time to see bears? Would we be just as well to do a day trip, either to Hallo Bay, or the Bald Mountain Air trip...??

• alper.gnd's Profile Photo

accommodation in kenai

by alper.gnd Online Now Apr 14, 2007 at 1:49 AM

hi
      I will go kenai to work in snug harbour seafoods with work and travel program.I want to learn something about company's accommodation.According to the company's web site,it said some housing was available on a first come first serve basis.Also there was a camp ground for tenting.What should I do?

1 Answer Apr 18, 2007 at 5:04 PM
    • Best fishing guides and lodges in Kenai, Alaska

by newgrl68 Online Now Apr 4, 2007 at 2:41 PM

I am planning a guided Alaskan fishing trip for my husbands 50th birthday. Does anyone have any recommendations of guide services they've used or heard good things about?

8 Answers May 6, 2007 at 3:55 PM