Kelowna

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Vancouver on a ship

Vancouver Apr 3, 2014 at 11:11 AM

Where is the Cruise Terminal in Vancouver?

more
    • How to plan a week's vacatiion to cover Vancouver, Seattle and Whistler.

Vancouver Apr 9, 2014 at 8:45 PM

We are a family of four (boy 19 and girl 14) and will be flying from Calgary to Vancouver for a week only and would like to visit Vancouver, Seattle and Whistler. How many days in Seattle would you recommend? what about Whistler, over night stay or two nights? I was not sure if we should go straight to Seattle from Vancouver on day we arrive from Calgary. This will be our first Vancouver visit. Three years ago, we drove from Calgary to Victoria, so we want to avoid Victoria this time. Any recommendations for sightseeing in Vancouver that we can do in three or four days?

Thanks
      Raza

more
    • Probability/cost of a sublet/condo Jan-March?

Whistler Apr 3, 2014 at 7:44 PM

Looking to do a half season from around New Years to the end of March. Anyone know the typical availability of mid-term accommodation during the peak time of the year? Won't have a car so walking/bussing is necessary. Would love to be in village but if it is significant savings to be a little further out that's okay. How much will a room in a 3-BR typically run me? What about a 1-BR? Or is this very hard to do?

Price range is $800-$1300

Thanks

more
    • DanB80's Profile Photo

car rental

Vancouver Island Apr 8, 2014 at 6:12 PM

Do I need to reserve a car in advance or are the deals better if I wait until I arrive?

more
    • Student season pass?

Whistler Mar 28, 2014 at 7:00 PM

Do you just need to submit verification of full time student status at the beginning of the season when you buy the student season pass? Or do you have to periodically prove student status?

more
    • rickd11's Profile Photo

Where's a good place to rent a bike?

Vancouver Mar 28, 2014 at 11:38 AM

Where's a good place to rent a bike?

more
    • Budget place for 4 to stay a 1or 2 nights in Victoria

Vancouver Mar 23, 2014 at 10:06 AM

Hi we are planning to stay 2 nights in Victoria island. What is your suggestion for a budget place to stay in Victoria? We are 4 people with no cars. Thanks

more
    • Vancouver Island (BC) or Olympic National Park (WA)

Vancouver Apr 8, 2014 at 3:46 AM

I am planning a trip to Western Canada in early june. I will only have 7 days to go from Vancouver, BC, to Seattle.

Therefore, I have two options to enjoy the place :
      - going to Vancouver Island (Pacific Rim :Tofino) from Vancouver and leaving to Seattle from Victoria, BC (with ferry)
      - or just crossing Vancouver Island to get to Port Angeles and the Olympic National Park (Vancouver -> Victoria and Victoria -> Port Angeles by ferries)

As I will be getting to Vancouver area from the Canadian Rockies (Banff, Jasper), I am not especially looking for mountains in these coastal parks. I am more looking for oceans and rainforest instead. But I'm not sure which park would be the best option (Pacific Rim or Olympic National Park).

Can someone give me some advice? If you had to choose between both, which one would you visit?

Thank you in advance!!

more
    • JennysTravels's Profile Photo

Looking for a place to stay

Victoria Mar 24, 2014 at 10:45 AM

Ciao tutti,

We are off on another adventure and will be calling Victoria home...this Friday! Any suggestions on cheap and clean places to stay that are I the city centre? Any members living there?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Jenny

more
    • CourtNeyCraig's Profile Photo

How easy is it to travel from Kelowna to Vancouver

by CourtNeyCraig Online Now Jul 30, 2013 at 5:47 AM

Hi I am doing a season in Kelwona and I don't know weather I should get my return journey from Kelwona or Vancouver as I don't know If I will travel around a bit after or not. So I am wondering what is the Cheapest and easiest way to travel from Kelowna to Vancouver?

3 Answers Jul 31, 2013 at 12:23 AM
    • SandiM's Profile Photo

Robert Dow Reid - Spirit of the Sail (statue)

by SandiM Online Now Oct 10, 2012 at 7:13 PM

The 12meter high white statue in Kelowna is so grand I'd like to purchase a smaller statue for our coffee table if possible. Does anyone in the Okanagan know of a store (online or otherwise) that sells mini versions of this masterpiece? I'm in Edmonton, a province away and can't get back there any time soon.

2 Answers Aug 23, 2013 at 3:00 PM
    • 2 Aussies need a lift to Big White from Kelowna

by ashleighxaustralia Online Now Dec 5, 2011 at 8:40 AM

Hey there!

We are two Aussies looking to get from Kelowna (Greyhound Bus Station) to Big White TODAY (05/12/2011) Willing of course to pay for gas.

If you can help out give us a call on 250-215-7723 :) would be muchly appreciated.

Thanks
      Ashleigh & Carla

• Are there any campsites in or around Kelowna that...?

by pat1926 Online Now May 5, 2011 at 10:32 AM

I'm looking for a campsite area that does not care about loud music and drinking late at night for May long. Showers are not needed. An out-house would be nice but not necessary. Thanks!

3 Answers May 5, 2011 at 11:34 PM
    • SandiM's Profile Photo

Soft Cherry Cider

by SandiM Online Now May 2, 2011 at 8:15 AM

I spent a couple years in Kelowna as a wee child and fondly remember the Valley Fruit Stand on Harvey Avenue which is no longer there (not as a fruit stand anyway). One of the things that I cherished was the cold cherry cider (non-alcoholic) they used to serve from a keg--it was delicious! I've visited Kelowna on the occasional long-weekend over the years without thinking about that cider but suddenly the memory of has come back to me and on my next trip (coming up in a couple weeks) I'd like to sample that good old cherry cider once again. Can anyone tell me where I can find some bottles of it? Would love to bring a couple bottles back to Edmonton with me too. Please and thanks!

• amebow's Profile Photo

Skydive - Okanagan, Vancouver, Calgary

by amebow Online Now May 10, 2009 at 1:58 PM

Hi,

I am travelling to Vancouver and Calgary via Kelowna in September and I am hoping to do a skydive (for the first time). Does anyone know of a cheap (and reliable of course :-)) Skydiving Association? In either the Vancouver, Okanagan Valley or Calgary areas? I'm aware that the weather may not be guaranteed in September.

Thanks

• Mr.Parsnip's Profile Photo

When's a good time to visit Okanagan?

by Mr.Parsnip Online Now Mar 23, 2009 at 8:14 PM

Hello,
      we are planning a few days trip to Okanagan region after we move to Vancouver. We are interested in touring the vineyards and fruit ochards. Is May too early for orchards? We will likely want to stay in Peachland or Summerland. Any B&B to recommend?

4 Answers Mar 26, 2009 at 7:25 PM
    • Which nightclubs are hot in Kelowna these days

by Jack_Shalak Online Now Sep 1, 2008 at 4:31 PM

Hi,

I haven't been to Kelowna in a while (ie. 10+ years). Planning a 3 day bachlor party. Anyone have thoughts on which nightclubs are hot these days, and what type of crowds they have?

I heard the Mix nightclub is good. True/false? What sort of crowd does the Mix have? Is it on its way up or down, so to speak.

My email is s-whittinghill@hotmail.com

Thanks for any comments at all.

1 Answer Sep 1, 2008 at 6:10 PM
    • Looking for entertainment book or other coupon book for the Okanogan

by janisinbc Online Now Jun 10, 2007 at 5:52 PM

Hi there

Just tried to go online and purchase an Okanogan Entertainment book and they are all sold out.
      Does anyone know of anywhere that still has them?
      Or of any other coupon book for the area that is available?
      We are traveling to the area with two 14 year old boys.

thanks

1 Answer Jun 12, 2007 at 8:27 PM
    • pesticides

by wombatcan Online Now Mar 5, 2007 at 3:57 PM

Hi,

I am considering visiting Kelowna in the spring and summer. Does anyone living there or visiting there notice the smell of pesticides in the air? Thank you very much.

wombat

5 Answers May 12, 2007 at 9:38 AM
    • babacaloue

by babacaloue Online Now Nov 17, 2006 at 7:02 PM

hello !
      i would like have imformation on kelowna and your opinion about the city.
      Thank you

6 Answers Jun 15, 2008 at 10:45 AM
    • mazi82's Profile Photo

Vancouver to Kelowna

by mazi82 Online Now Nov 8, 2006 at 8:52 PM

Hey Hey!! My friends and I are coming from OZ to work at Big White this season and are wanting to know what is the best and CHEAPEST way to get from Vancouver to Kelowna??

4 Answers May 12, 2007 at 9:30 AM
    • mazi82's Profile Photo

Vancouver to Kelowna

by mazi82 Online Now Nov 8, 2006 at 8:51 PM

Hey Hey!! My friends and I are coming from OZ to work at Big White this season and are wanting to know what is the best and CHEAPEST way to get from Vancouver to Kelowna??

• mazi82's Profile Photo

Vancouver to Kelowna

by mazi82 Online Now Nov 8, 2006 at 8:50 PM

• mazi82's Profile Photo

Vancouver to Kelowna

by mazi82 Online Now Nov 8, 2006 at 8:46 PM

• mazi82's Profile Photo

Vancouver to Kelowna

by mazi82 Online Now Nov 8, 2006 at 8:46 PM

• mazi82's Profile Photo

Vancouver to Kelowna

by mazi82 Online Now Nov 8, 2006 at 8:45 PM

• mazi82's Profile Photo

Vancouver to Kelowna

by mazi82 Online Now Nov 8, 2006 at 7:14 PM

1 Answer Nov 8, 2006 at 7:56 PM
    • Darby2's Profile Photo

Okanagan Wine Festival Tour

by Darby2 Online Now Sep 10, 2006 at 5:41 PM

Okanagan Wine Festival Tour

On the weekend of Sept. 29-Oct 1, many of the Okanagan's more than 60 estate wineries are having harvest wine festivals, the 26th Annual one here.

There are also some on the following weekend of Oct 6-7

Anybody wanna get together in Kelowna, Penticton, Oliver or Osoyoos to do some wine tasting?

More information:

http://www.thewinefestivals.com

Tel: 250 861-6654

• Princeton to Hope

by Honemooner Online Now Aug 16, 2006 at 7:07 PM

Anyone know if there's an alternate route from princeton to hope that doesn't involve Allison Pass? Mapblast is showing one but it's been known to invent roads. Let me know at xxshinsan1@yahoo.comxx (remove the x's) Thanks!

5 Answers Sep 10, 2006 at 5:48 PM
    • Thinking to move to Kelowna

by Maria777 Online Now Nov 27, 2005 at 7:34 PM

Hello from Winnipeg!!!
      My husband and I are thinking to move to Kelowna with our two kids age 15 and 13. We were there this past August and we liked it a lot.Can you tell me which are the good family areas and schools? Is it a good city to raise kids? We also owned a small family restaurant in Winnipeg and we are thinking to open one there too, can you give us general information about the city, because we heard negative things about Kelowna from checking the forums.We would greatly appreciate it if you could give us your honest opinion about the pros and cons. Thank you again.

2 Answers Jan 7, 2006 at 10:32 PM
    • aqazi's Profile Photo

Long Weekend visit to the Okanagan

by aqazi Online Now May 8, 2005 at 4:18 PM

A question for fellow BC folks. We have some friends coming over form the UK in June and we wanted to take them west (mainly because we want to go!). They're in VanC for a couple of week but they're going to spend some time in Vic and then head on to Banff so we were going to take them as far as Kelowna and then they can do the rest themselves. We were are contemplating four days from the 23rd- 26th of June (Cherry season I hear).

23rd - To start we were going to head for Manning Provincial Park via a stop over at Harrison Hot Springs.
      24th - Visit to Penticton (were thinking of stopping a night here).
      25th - Kelowna for the final night before driving back to VanC

Other than visiting vineyards and hiking what else does the Okanagan have in store for us? We were going to camp at Manning Park but as for where to stay in Kelowna and Penticton any recommendations will be appreciated. In addition would it be more advisable to base ourselves out of just one town as they're pretty close together.

All tips will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Azim...

2 Answers May 8, 2005 at 8:52 PM
    • rock shop

by paintballer_09 Online Now Jan 27, 2005 at 1:31 PM

Hi, i was wondering if there are any rock shops or record stores in kelowna? i live in kamloops and ther arent very good record stores that sell good lp's. I am looking to buy some, Kiss, or motley crue records, and i would also like some band shirts. please help me find these thanks. cody

2 Answers Dec 6, 2006 at 1:28 PM
    • Things for teens to do in Kelowna

by mangojuice Online Now Dec 10, 2004 at 10:08 AM

Hi, I'm looking for some information on activites/ attractions that would appeal to 16-19 year old males. This would be in the winter time, but could not include skiing. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2 Answers May 2, 2009 at 10:55 AM
    • adventureDreaming's Profile Photo

grocery shopping

by adventureDreaming Online Now Nov 12, 2004 at 12:13 AM

Hi, I'll be flying into Kelowna in the late evening and staying the night at the sameSun backpacker's hostel before heading off to Big White early the next morning for 11 days skiing. I'm hoping to pick up some grocery items in Kelowna. Does anyone know if there is a grocery store near the hostel that is open at night? And do you know how far the airport is from town and the best way to get to/from the airport to the hostel? Thanks, alison

2 Answers Nov 12, 2004 at 1:35 PM
    • kid friendly beaches and U-Pick farms

by SimplyAngel123 Online Now Jul 26, 2004 at 11:03 AM

Hi we're thinking of taking a trip to the Kelowna area to visit a nice sandy beach and hopefully to find an orchard or farm that offers u-pick for maybe strawberries or peaches? I know about the park right in Kelowna along the lake but was wondering if anyone knows one that might not be quite as busy but is still easy to get to with young kids. My girls are 5 & 7 and don't like walking a long ways plus won't pee in bushes so we need at least an outhouse. I know there are orchards that offer tours but I haven't been able to find much info on u-pick farms and what seasons carry what fruit. We're thinking August this year. So any suggestions?

1 Answer Jul 26, 2004 at 9:27 PM
    • SIMONERODRIGUES's Profile Photo

camping in the Canadian Rockies

by SIMONERODRIGUES Online Now Jul 12, 2004 at 7:27 AM

Hey people, I'm looking for campsites in Jasper, Banff, Lake Louise, Glacier park , and Whistler. Any suggestion? Prices? How to get it by bus? Thanks, Simone

1 Answer Jul 12, 2004 at 10:03 AM
    • Camping in Okanagon

by leendap Online Now Jul 7, 2004 at 7:37 PM

Looking for campgrounds in Okanagon Valley. Planning to travel from Vancouver to Banff or Galcier and would like to spend time winetasting in the Valley.

2 Answers Jul 8, 2004 at 4:47 PM
    • Long Term Care Facilities

by C-J Online Now Jun 17, 2004 at 11:31 AM

Can any one help me find a list of Long term Care Facilities or Retirement Residences in Kelowna/Area?

2 Answers Jun 19, 2004 at 7:43 PM
    • Renting in Oct.

by C-J Online Now Jun 16, 2004 at 9:38 AM

My Boyfriend and I will be moving to Kelowna from Ontario in October/04. Any Suggestions on finding a rental before then?

1 Answer Jun 20, 2004 at 5:30 AM