Kelowna Travel Answers

change location
aqazi's Profile Photo

Long Weekend visit to the Okanagan

by aqazi Online Now May 8, 2005 at 4:18 PM

A question for fellow BC folks. We have some friends coming over form the UK in June and we wanted to take them west (mainly because we want to go!). They're in VanC for a couple of week but they're going to spend some time in Vic and then head on to Banff so we were going to take them as far as Kelowna and then they can do the rest themselves. We were are contemplating four days from the 23rd- 26th of June (Cherry season I hear).

23rd - To start we were going to head for Manning Provincial Park via a stop over at Harrison Hot Springs.
24th - Visit to Penticton (were thinking of stopping a night here).
25th - Kelowna for the final night before driving back to VanC

Other than visiting vineyards and hiking what else does the Okanagan have in store for us? We were going to camp at Manning Park but as for where to stay in Kelowna and Penticton any recommendations will be appreciated. In addition would it be more advisable to base ourselves out of just one town as they're pretty close together.

All tips will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Azim...

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Carmanah's Profile Photo

RE: Long Weekend visit to the Okanagan

by Carmanah Online Now May 8, 2005 at 4:44 PM

Fruit stands... lots and lots of fruit stands. :) While it might be a little bit early for ripe peaches and nectarines, the season has been early, so you might be in luck. The roads are full of fruit stands, selling local berries, orchard fruits, vegetables, honey, jellies, candies, etc. It's really a nice treat actually.

As well, be sure to spend some time on the beach... rent a boat, or just have a picnic at one of the parks on the beach. When I think of the Okanagan, I actually think more of beaches than I do of hiking!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • YVRDave's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Long Weekend visit to the Okanagan

by YVRDave Online Now May 8, 2005 at 8:52 PM

www.rpbhotels.com has very decent hotels in both places.
    In Penticton, if you have a free afternoon, try floating down the canal on inner tubes.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines