Kelowna Travel Answers

change location
adventureDreaming's Profile Photo

grocery shopping

by adventureDreaming Online Now Nov 12, 2004 at 12:13 AM

Hi, I'll be flying into Kelowna in the late evening and staying the night at the sameSun backpacker's hostel before heading off to Big White early the next morning for 11 days skiing. I'm hoping to pick up some grocery items in Kelowna. Does anyone know if there is a grocery store near the hostel that is open at night? And do you know how far the airport is from town and the best way to get to/from the airport to the hostel? Thanks, alison

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • bubba4783's Profile Photo

Re: grocery shopping

by bubba4783 Online Now Nov 12, 2004 at 9:40 AM

Samesun has a hostel in Kelowna and at Big White. They also have a fairly inexpensive shuttle from airport to samesun kelowna and to big white. check their site http://www.samesun.com/ under "locations" tab, check big white and kelowna and it will have info on their shuttles. About 1.5 km's from the samesun in Kelowna, at 3155 Lakeshore Rd. is cooper's grocery (you might meet other hostelers willing to give you a lift over) . coopersfoods.com/coopers/ind... It's a good sized market and they sell midweek lift tickets at a really good price. We ski there every year for 5 to 7 days and it's cheaper for us to buy our tickets at coopers than to buy a 5 day consecutive pass at the mountain. and the cooper tickets don't have to be used on consecutive days. Only limitation is that they are mid week tickets, but you don't get a mid week discount up on the mountain. We've had no problem selling them on the mountain, if by chance we end up with a left over ticket or two (sore bone days).

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • adventureDreaming's Profile Photo

Re: Re: grocery shopping

by adventureDreaming Online Now Nov 12, 2004 at 1:35 PM

thanks for all that info...i've already got my lift ticket and accommodation sorted at big white (i'll be staying at samesun there too). I feel like i'm armed with a whole lot of insider's info now, thanks alot...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines