Kazakhstan

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Accommodations

Almaty Mar 9, 2014 at 8:39 PM

Hi...I'll be in Almaty in late July. I'm looking for affordable accommodations. Hotels seemed to be way above my budget and there don't seem to be too many mid range hotels. Is there a website or other information I can use? My budget is somewhere in the $40-60 range.

Thanks,

Paul

1 Answer Mar 30, 2014 at 4:44 AM
    • Day tours from Almaty

Almaty Feb 18, 2014 at 10:45 PM

I will be in Almaty in late July for 3-4 days. I am traveling solo and wanted to take a day trip out to see some nature. What sites would you recommend? And are there any group tours I could join? I've checked online and most tours are private and quite expensive. Thanks. Paul

1 Answer Feb 22, 2014 at 6:11 PM
    • RamkrishnaS's Profile Photo

regarding visa onarrival.

Almaty Jan 14, 2014 at 10:11 PM

hallo,

i want to visit Almaty in the month of march can i get visa upon arrival i m from India &want to visit Moscow.

2 Answers Mar 30, 2014 at 4:44 AM
    • maztek's Profile Photo

Expo 2017 Astana

Astana Nov 29, 2013 at 7:47 PM

How can I participate and attend Astana World Expo 2017

2 Answers Dec 1, 2013 at 7:43 PM
    • roarkster1467's Profile Photo

Kazakh Transit Visas in Almaty.

Kazakhstan Nov 17, 2013 at 7:13 PM

Are visas on arrival available at Almaty Intl. Airport . I'm just staying two days in layover. I'd hate to use the embassy in the U.S.as the embassy doesn't accept postal deliveries of visa applications the cost is $160.00 USD on top of it. This is for a U.S. Citizen.

2 Answers Nov 18, 2013 at 4:39 AM
    • Currency exchange

Almaty Sep 5, 2013 at 1:05 PM

Are ATMs easily available

1 Answer Mar 30, 2014 at 4:44 AM
    • Buying a car.

Karaganda Aug 28, 2013 at 12:42 PM

Would anybody give me some advice about buying a car in Karaganda?

Thanks!

• Almaty 1, NOT 2, Train Station

Almaty Aug 27, 2013 at 11:01 PM

Hi fellow travelers!

1. Safe at night? This website, dostoprim.almaty.kz/page.php..., claims the station is under surveillance around the clock, even late at night, and that the police are at any give time at present. Has anyone been there in the wee hours?
      2. Any exchange beaureux (money changer) on site?

Thanks for your time.

1 Answer Aug 28, 2013 at 2:43 AM
    • pleasure trip to Almaty

Almaty Aug 15, 2013 at 2:26 AM

planning to visit almaty in 1st week of Sept.2013, is it OK

1 Answer Aug 15, 2013 at 6:06 AM
    • Information on Almaty

Almaty Aug 4, 2013 at 9:46 AM

What would a family of 4, i.e a 3 and 7 year old with a Labrador and 2 cats consider and ask before moving to Almaty?

3 Answers Aug 4, 2013 at 2:13 PM
    • Information on Almaty

Almaty Aug 4, 2013 at 9:14 AM

What would a family of 4, i.e a 3 and 7 year old with a Labrador and 2 cats consider and ask before moving to Almaty?

4 Answers Aug 4, 2013 at 3:30 PM
    • Has anyone slept overnight at the Almaty airport?

Almaty Aug 4, 2013 at 8:21 AM

Hi everyone,

I am flying into the Almaty airport fairly late and onto another -stan country.

I wonder how comfortable overnight sleeping at the airport can be. Has anyone done it before?

I have looked at www.sleepinginairports.net before posting my question here and there are only 2 postings on the Web site and pretty out-dated - one in 2005 and the other in 2003...

I love to hear tips for a best sleeping spot, fending off security guards if any, etc.,

Thanks for your time.

Cheers,

• diane49's Profile Photo

Restaurant in the Coppede District of Rome

Italy Jun 10, 2013 at 6:37 PM

We are staying in the Coppede District of Rome in 10 days. Hotel is located between Via Corso Trieste and Via Nomentana. Hotel is on Viale Gradisca. Thanks for any help.

1 Answer Jun 11, 2013 at 2:59 AM
    • cost of samsung galaxy s duos at almaty

Almaty Jun 5, 2013 at 7:29 AM

what is cost of Samsung galaxy s duos?

2 Answers Jun 5, 2013 at 7:30 PM
    • selkeskin's Profile Photo

Traveling by car to Kazakhstan, applying for visa

Kazakhstan May 7, 2013 at 6:01 PM

I need to get my Kazakh visa soon as I depart the US at the end of June, however, in the instructions from the visa service I'm using, it tells me I need to "submit a computer-generated flight itinerary from your travel agent, airline, or online booking agency or a copy of your ticket(s). A photocopy is acceptable. It must indicate your name, date of arrival and departure from Kazakhstan and flight information." I am not flying in or out of Kazakhstan, but driving there, and have approximate but not exact dates for my entry and exit. I am flying to the UK, and departing by plane from my final destination, Mongolia. My Russian visa also requests these details. Since I'm not flying in or out of either of these countries, but driving through them, what do I do? The Kazakh visa also wants a hotel reservation confirmation and I don't have that. Do I absolutely have to have this? I don't actually arrive in the country until July.

4 Answers May 8, 2013 at 3:52 AM
    • selkeskin's Profile Photo

Mongol Rally through Kazakhstan

Kazakhstan May 5, 2013 at 5:23 PM

I'm doing the Mongol Rally in July and traveling through Kazakhstan. I'm anticipating that we'll use the Zhanaul and the Karaagash border crossings to enter and exit. Does anyone have experience with these?

I'm also currently in the process of applying for my visa, and I want to just double-confirm that American passport holders do NOT need a letter of invitation, right? I gather that you need to include a letter requesting the visa with some statement of intent, but that it is straightforward and can be very brief.

How flexible are Kazakh visas on entry and exit dates? Since we are driving overland and conditions are slightly unpredictable, we will have an anticipated date of arrival and exit, but they might change.

Also, has anyone had any negative or uncomfortable experiences with the Kazakh police while driving as a foreigner in the country, such as being pulled over and charged with anything falsely, having to pay bribes, etc?

Thank you.

3 Answers May 6, 2013 at 6:02 AM
    • GIPA's Profile Photo

letter of invitation

Kazakhstan Mar 11, 2013 at 7:09 PM

When will Kazakhstan forget the soviet "letter of invitation" and open itself totally for foreigners , visitors , tourists...??

3 Answers Nov 10, 2013 at 9:43 AM
    • Visit to Kazakhstan from Dubai

Kazakhstan Aug 25, 2012 at 9:49 AM

Hello,

Can someone help to provide the information to travel to kazakhstan from Dubai.The rules, requirements etc.
      Im planning a 5 days trip[low-budget] on October 2012.
      Please advice with the required information,visas, flights, accommodation[cheap ofcourse :) ), food etc

Thanks

1 Answer Apr 16, 2013 at 2:35 AM
    • corsaire1773's Profile Photo

Looking for a 4X4 team trip to Kazakhstan or near by

Kazakhstan Jul 23, 2012 at 12:33 PM

Hello,

I would like to do a trip from France to Kazakhstan or near by) with my BMW 1200 GS and I am looking for a team in 4X4 that would like to do the same trip or even partially.
      I would like to ride off road once there.

Any informations are welcome even a better website for this sort of request.

Send me a MP for any request or info

Thanks for your help

JF

2 Answers Apr 5, 2014 at 9:34 AM
    • is Kazakhstan safe?

Kazakhstan Mar 12, 2012 at 11:32 AM

Would you consider taking a 9 year old and 13 year old child to Kazakhstan? is it safe enough? and where would be the best place to go?

3 Answers Mar 13, 2012 at 8:07 AM
    • Almaty to Astana by Train

Kazakhstan Nov 21, 2011 at 2:21 PM

Hi Everybody, I will be in Kazakhstan in September 2012. I will arrive in Almaty but need to get to Astana. I would prefer not to fly so ideally would hope to get a train. Has anyone any information regarding times/price and whether they can be booked online or is it possible to buy train tickets at the station a few days before departure. Many Thanks in advance.

5 Answers Oct 5, 2012 at 7:02 PM
    • draveshia's Profile Photo

october in k

Kazakhstan Sep 15, 2011 at 12:09 AM

just facinated by the palce and people
      plan to travel in october with family
      need advice on 1. is oct athe rt time
      2.help with iteinery( 7-8days enough?)
      3. places to visit.few cities and and some thing for children to do
      4.visa problems..and how to go about geting it
      5. how cheap or expensive is
      thanks in advance
      divyesh

4 Answers Sep 15, 2011 at 1:34 AM
    • MASHK's Profile Photo

ALMATY TO BISHKEK

Almaty Sep 7, 2011 at 1:03 AM

Dear friend
      I have plan 3 days trip from Almaty to Bishkek and return
      I would like to know can I take visa in border or not and for return to Almaty
      my first visa is valid or not or I must to ask multiple entrance visa?
      thanks

1 Answer Sep 7, 2011 at 3:35 AM
    • MASHK's Profile Photo

TIME OF THE NOTES

Almaty Sep 4, 2011 at 12:42 AM

HI
      WHY ALL THE NOTES ARE NOT UP TO DATE AND THEY ARE FOR 2005-6-7 OR ...?

3 Answers Sep 4, 2011 at 12:51 AM
    • qwert_babe's Profile Photo

Travel Operators for Kazakhstan tours

Kazakhstan Jun 26, 2011 at 7:52 PM

Hello!

I am looking for a travel operator for tours in Kazakhstan - I am trying to contact someone from Advantours but the last response I had from them was 2 weeks ago...

Any good personal experiences with any other operator that you could recommend me would be great!

:)

3 Answers Apr 4, 2014 at 10:51 AM
    • peace_prevails's Profile Photo

Getting deep into the books/foods/culture of Kazakhstan: 7 Ones

Kazakhstan May 17, 2011 at 6:23 AM

Getting deep into the books/foods/culture of Kazakhstan: 7 Ones
      The 7 Ones ...

This is Jeff from Texas. I'm coming to Kazakhstan the first and second weeks of July and one thing I always try to do is get educated on the local scene, the people and the places before arriving: what I call 'the seven ones'. If any of you could give me just one little answer for any or all of the below - your favorites – Kazakhstan.

1. ONE Book... something that has soul or historical pieces.

2. ONE Song... any Kazakhstan artists that I could find on YouTube, iTunes or even buy a CD of off of Amazon otherwise. Also, if there is a particular genre or ethnic type of music that is interesting that would be great.

3. ONE Drink... what the locals and indigenous Kazakhstan peoples drink. I always like to try the local ‘moonshine’ if it is an area where the locals drink alcohol. Something made from grain

4. A Dish... a local, traditional meal or food.

5. A Word/Phrase... a greeting, or something unique to Kazakhstan in general.

6. A bit of news... what is going on in Kazakhstan lately. Local/national items that have been in the news.

7. A little-known place or thing to do... a place off the path where one can get a real feel for the culture (small town, small club in Salvador, good music place, etc)

Any other notes would also be appreciated.

I am compiling the sheet here if anyone is interested in the same thread:
      docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0A...

Cheers,

Jeff

• How can I get from Barcelona, Spain to Astana?

Almaty Apr 28, 2011 at 2:43 AM

I would like to go in June, 2011 and it appears to be very expensive to fly to Astana or Almaty from Barcelona. Is there another way to get there that is near by and I can take a bus or train to get to Astana?

Many thanks.

Kathy

7 Answers Apr 28, 2011 at 7:15 AM
    • Need your advise...

Kazakhstan Mar 5, 2011 at 6:06 PM

We come from Canada to Astana airport 6:15 in the morning. How to get from there to Pavlodar? Air Astana has a flight, but it costs about270 US, and the plane makes a stop in Almaty. What about bus, train or taxi - are they available and how expensive? Thanks in advance for your advise. L.K.

1 Answer Mar 6, 2011 at 4:26 AM
    • travel to Pavlodar

Kazakhstan Dec 6, 2010 at 10:38 AM

Hi, I live in Charlotte and want to visit Pavlodar, Kazakhstan .
      What are my most inexpensive choices...why is it so expensive to travel here?

6 Answers Dec 6, 2010 at 12:05 PM
    • Bobbykins64's Profile Photo

Trip to Almaty, Kazakhstan.

Almaty Nov 16, 2010 at 9:05 AM

I am a single 48 year man, who wishes to go to Almaty for two/ three weeks.
      I don't mind traveling there myself if need be, but I am looking for holiday companionship. Is there anybody who fancies going to Almaty, or does not mind me teaming up with them ?
      I would like to go has soon as possible, all I need is my visa.
      Anybody interested ?

2 Answers Nov 27, 2010 at 12:33 AM