change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• travel.mania's Profile Photo

Almaty in the Winter

Almaty Jan 25, 2015 at 8:54 AM

I will be going to Almaty the first week of February. What are the things to see and do during this time of the year?

• oushi's Profile Photo

Language Spoken in Kazakhestan

Aktau Jan 17, 2015 at 1:12 PM

Do they speak English in Aktau- Kazakhestan or only Russian?

2 Answers Jan 17, 2015 at 1:31 PM
    • travel.mania's Profile Photo

Almaty Kazakhstan

Almaty Jan 8, 2015 at 12:24 AM

I am planing to visit AlMaty, Kazakhastan. I welcome any helpful information about that city
      I am also interested in making friends from there

• Rhokstar's Profile Photo

Genera Almaty

Almaty Dec 12, 2014 at 6:30 PM

I am going to Almaty from 21 December, staying in city hotel for 4 nights & wing it after that.
      What is the best nightlife, restaurants, bars area? I also like really local type places as well as usual tourist type strips.
      I could require an English speaking driver & car to travel around Almaty.
      What are the requirements for foreigners living and/or investing in Kazakhstan? I am a New Zealander.
      Cheers Ritchie

4 Answers Dec 13, 2014 at 3:45 PM
    • Razda's Profile Photo

Aytys in Kazakhstan

Kazakhstan Nov 9, 2014 at 12:00 PM

Could someone recommend a good place in Kazakhstan to see a traditional Kazakh song competition called Aytys?

• nightlife in Aktau

Aktau Oct 19, 2014 at 4:23 AM

how is the nightlife in Aktau.Is it a safe place for expats?Cost of living...

• Traveling

Kazakhstan Oct 9, 2014 at 7:12 AM

how do. I get to Prorva Kazakhstan from Atyrau Kazakhstan?

1 Answer Oct 9, 2014 at 11:43 AM
    • EdwardJohnAllen's Profile Photo

Three weeks in October

Almaty Jun 20, 2014 at 7:40 AM

Hi
      I am visiting Almaty in October 2014 doing 2 weeks voluntary work plus 1 week street / documentary photography, and I would love to meet up with a locals or a few expats with decent local knowledge of the city for coffee & a chat or a tour around some time. I'm a pretty experienced traveller, but the nearest I've been to Almaty is Turkmenistan, so it would be really helpful to listen to your own insights and suggestions.

And if you like photography, I'd be more than happy to trade a lesson or two for your time and advice!

Thanks for your interest.

Edward Allen

4 Answers Sep 4, 2014 at 9:50 AM
    • GIPA's Profile Photo

Museum of National music instruments

Almaty Jun 8, 2014 at 3:48 AM

This museum caught my attention here onVT. Is it offer an overall experience? I mean , is it possible to listen to the sound of the instruments or just watching them?

2 Answers Sep 4, 2014 at 9:52 AM
    • Trips from Almaty to Altyn-Emel National Park/ the Kolsai Lakes

Kazakhstan May 30, 2014 at 9:24 AM

I am considering a trip to Kazakhstan this summer and would love to see some areas around Almaty, Altyn-Emel National Park and the Kolsai Lakes for example. There is only one problem, while browsing the web the only options I found to get to this areas are pretty expensive.

What are the most affordable options to visit this areas from Almaty? Is there someone who can give a cost estimation for the trips?

• musigal's Profile Photo

transportation

Petropavlovsk May 28, 2014 at 6:12 AM

how do i get from Almaty to Petropavlovsk? I live in the US

5 Answers May 30, 2014 at 2:56 PM
    • travelling by car to Kazakhstan

Kazakhstan May 20, 2014 at 2:07 AM

I`m planning to travel by car from Germany to Kazakhstan. (and back to Germany)
      Does anyone has experience with this?

What problems can I expect at the Russian and Kazakh border?
      (and to they check what you have in your car? )

Thanks in advance for your help!

1 Answer May 20, 2014 at 4:05 PM
    • GIPA's Profile Photo

BUSES to travel around Kazakhstan

Kazakhstan May 18, 2014 at 2:22 PM

Hi there. I intend top travel by bus around Kazakhstan. Wont you please suggesting me a site of bus routes there and tell me about the conditions of roads and vehicles ?
      Thanks in advance PAULO

2 Answers May 25, 2014 at 4:26 AM
    • Tours from Astana

Astana May 9, 2014 at 7:55 AM

I'll be in Astana with 3 friends June 26-30. Are there tours (1-2 days) outside Astana to see traditional life? What kind of clothes to bring?

Thanks, Jean

2 Answers May 11, 2014 at 6:09 AM
    • Accommodations

Almaty Mar 9, 2014 at 8:39 PM

Hi...I'll be in Almaty in late July. I'm looking for affordable accommodations. Hotels seemed to be way above my budget and there don't seem to be too many mid range hotels. Is there a website or other information I can use? My budget is somewhere in the $40-60 range.

Thanks,

Paul

3 Answers Sep 4, 2014 at 9:59 AM
    • Day tours from Almaty

Almaty Feb 18, 2014 at 10:45 PM

I will be in Almaty in late July for 3-4 days. I am traveling solo and wanted to take a day trip out to see some nature. What sites would you recommend? And are there any group tours I could join? I've checked online and most tours are private and quite expensive. Thanks. Paul

1 Answer Feb 22, 2014 at 6:11 PM
    • RamkrishnaS's Profile Photo

regarding visa onarrival.

Almaty Jan 14, 2014 at 10:11 PM

hallo,

i want to visit Almaty in the month of march can i get visa upon arrival i m from India &want to visit Moscow.

2 Answers Mar 30, 2014 at 4:44 AM
    • maztek's Profile Photo

Expo 2017 Astana

Astana Nov 29, 2013 at 7:47 PM

How can I participate and attend Astana World Expo 2017

2 Answers Dec 1, 2013 at 7:43 PM
    • roarkster1467's Profile Photo

Kazakh Transit Visas in Almaty.

Kazakhstan Nov 17, 2013 at 7:13 PM

Are visas on arrival available at Almaty Intl. Airport . I'm just staying two days in layover. I'd hate to use the embassy in the U.S.as the embassy doesn't accept postal deliveries of visa applications the cost is $160.00 USD on top of it. This is for a U.S. Citizen.

3 Answers Sep 4, 2014 at 10:10 AM
    • Currency exchange

Almaty Sep 5, 2013 at 1:05 PM

Are ATMs easily available

2 Answers Sep 4, 2014 at 10:17 AM
    • Buying a car.

Karaganda Aug 28, 2013 at 12:42 PM

Would anybody give me some advice about buying a car in Karaganda?

Thanks!

• Almaty 1, NOT 2, Train Station

Almaty Aug 27, 2013 at 11:01 PM

Hi fellow travelers!

1. Safe at night? This website, dostoprim.almaty.kz/page.php..., claims the station is under surveillance around the clock, even late at night, and that the police are at any give time at present. Has anyone been there in the wee hours?
      2. Any exchange beaureux (money changer) on site?

Thanks for your time.

1 Answer Aug 28, 2013 at 2:43 AM
    • pleasure trip to Almaty

Almaty Aug 15, 2013 at 2:26 AM

planning to visit almaty in 1st week of Sept.2013, is it OK

1 Answer Aug 15, 2013 at 6:06 AM
    • Information on Almaty

Almaty Aug 4, 2013 at 9:46 AM

What would a family of 4, i.e a 3 and 7 year old with a Labrador and 2 cats consider and ask before moving to Almaty?

3 Answers Aug 4, 2013 at 2:13 PM
    • Information on Almaty

Almaty Aug 4, 2013 at 9:14 AM

What would a family of 4, i.e a 3 and 7 year old with a Labrador and 2 cats consider and ask before moving to Almaty?

4 Answers Aug 4, 2013 at 3:30 PM
    • Has anyone slept overnight at the Almaty airport?

Almaty Aug 4, 2013 at 8:21 AM

Hi everyone,

I am flying into the Almaty airport fairly late and onto another -stan country.

I wonder how comfortable overnight sleeping at the airport can be. Has anyone done it before?

I have looked at www.sleepinginairports.net before posting my question here and there are only 2 postings on the Web site and pretty out-dated - one in 2005 and the other in 2003...

I love to hear tips for a best sleeping spot, fending off security guards if any, etc.,

Thanks for your time.

Cheers,

• diane49's Profile Photo

Restaurant in the Coppede District of Rome

Italy Jun 10, 2013 at 6:37 PM

We are staying in the Coppede District of Rome in 10 days. Hotel is located between Via Corso Trieste and Via Nomentana. Hotel is on Viale Gradisca. Thanks for any help.

1 Answer Jun 11, 2013 at 2:59 AM
    • cost of samsung galaxy s duos at almaty

Almaty Jun 5, 2013 at 7:29 AM

what is cost of Samsung galaxy s duos?

2 Answers Jun 5, 2013 at 7:30 PM
    • selkeskin's Profile Photo

Traveling by car to Kazakhstan, applying for visa

Kazakhstan May 7, 2013 at 6:01 PM

I need to get my Kazakh visa soon as I depart the US at the end of June, however, in the instructions from the visa service I'm using, it tells me I need to "submit a computer-generated flight itinerary from your travel agent, airline, or online booking agency or a copy of your ticket(s). A photocopy is acceptable. It must indicate your name, date of arrival and departure from Kazakhstan and flight information." I am not flying in or out of Kazakhstan, but driving there, and have approximate but not exact dates for my entry and exit. I am flying to the UK, and departing by plane from my final destination, Mongolia. My Russian visa also requests these details. Since I'm not flying in or out of either of these countries, but driving through them, what do I do? The Kazakh visa also wants a hotel reservation confirmation and I don't have that. Do I absolutely have to have this? I don't actually arrive in the country until July.

4 Answers May 8, 2013 at 3:52 AM
    • selkeskin's Profile Photo

Mongol Rally through Kazakhstan

Kazakhstan May 5, 2013 at 5:23 PM

I'm doing the Mongol Rally in July and traveling through Kazakhstan. I'm anticipating that we'll use the Zhanaul and the Karaagash border crossings to enter and exit. Does anyone have experience with these?

I'm also currently in the process of applying for my visa, and I want to just double-confirm that American passport holders do NOT need a letter of invitation, right? I gather that you need to include a letter requesting the visa with some statement of intent, but that it is straightforward and can be very brief.

How flexible are Kazakh visas on entry and exit dates? Since we are driving overland and conditions are slightly unpredictable, we will have an anticipated date of arrival and exit, but they might change.

Also, has anyone had any negative or uncomfortable experiences with the Kazakh police while driving as a foreigner in the country, such as being pulled over and charged with anything falsely, having to pay bribes, etc?

Thank you.

3 Answers May 6, 2013 at 6:02 AM