change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Cycling around Curonian Spit

Klaipeda Apr 21, 2014 at 1:04 AM

Hello!
      I am wondering if it is possible to rent bikes, preferably long term, for example in Nida or Palanga, if there are special rental shops, or if hotels provide rental services? Thanks!

more
    • Pawtuxet's Profile Photo

Does anyone know about Kovno?

Lithuania Apr 19, 2014 at 5:39 AM

I have a friend whose family was from Birzia, Kovno, Lithuania around 1890. They lived in the Estates of Ostrov.. Astravas. I'd love to find info/photos of this place. Maybe info about borders moving as well.
      (just an avid genealogical researcher)

more
    • Accommodation

Paberze Apr 18, 2014 at 7:01 AM

Are there any places to stay in Paberze or Giedraiciai along route 172 for cyclist passing through?
      Ar yra kokių nors vietų apsistoti Paberžės ar Giedraičių maršrute 172 už dviratininkas kerta?

Steve and Kathy
      Thompson, Manitoba, Canada

more
    • Will they take Euros?

Klaipeda 17 hours ago

We're traveling to Klaipeda on a cruise and hoping to change money as infrequently as p ossible. I know Lithuania has its own currency, but will the markets in Klaipeda take Euros also? We're hoping to buy yarn and knitwear.

more
    • LianoB's Profile Photo

Single room for rent?

by LianoB Online Now Jan 28, 2014 at 2:18 PM

Hi there! I'm a 30 years old boy from Italy looking for a single room in Kaunas ,Klaipeda or Vilnius for at least 3 months but likely even more. Do you know someone who rents a room? Or a website/forum where i can find one?

I want to live in a shared apartment with students or young and cool sociable people who love nightlife.
      I'll come there for work but i'd like also to make a lot of friends and have fun.

I don't mind if the apartment is not in the centre, but i expect to spend around 100€/month for the room.

3 Answers Feb 2, 2014 at 11:58 PM
    • Alina_94's Profile Photo

How to get friends in Kaunas?

by Alina_94 Online Now Sep 22, 2013 at 9:31 AM

Hi everybody. I'm 19-year-old Finnish girl and I've been Kaunas for 7 days as an au pair. I'll be here for 1-3 months.
      I'm lonely, I don't know anyone and I'd like to get some friends that we could go to movies, shopping, for a walk etc.
      I speak only English or Finnish. How to make some friends in Kaunas?
      - Alina

10 Answers Sep 26, 2013 at 8:46 AM
    • is kaunas safe city ?

by parthpatel12 Online Now Jul 16, 2013 at 8:56 AM

is kaunas safe city for brown people ? (like srilanka or india or maxico or brazil)
      i'm planing to study abroad in kaunas uni. (for bachelor degree)
      is it safe to live in kaunas city for 4 year and can you conform me that this bachelor degree is valuable for further study or job or my life ?

4 Answers Dec 30, 2013 at 1:19 AM
    • siwaller's Profile Photo

Visiting Kaunas in a few weeks time

by siwaller Online Now Nov 16, 2012 at 9:56 AM

Hi All.

I am visiting Kaunas in a few weeks time (beginning of December). I have been before but was wondering if there was anything of interest happening that first week of December to see/do. I will also be doing a day trip to Vilnius so advice on whats best to see there would be much appreciated, for example is there a christmas market? I had read somewhere there was one but can't find details of where it is and when.

Many thanks

Simon

5 Answers Dec 24, 2012 at 10:58 AM
    • Personal Guide in Kaunas

by JimGillon Online Now Sep 12, 2011 at 10:10 AM

I am visiting Kaunas in October. Is it possible to have someone who lives there act as a guide? I will also visit Vilnius and will pay travel and accomodation for someone to act as a guide. I am a male in my forties from Scotland.

• Traveling with family (3 adults and 2 young kids) from Kaunas to Klaipeda.

by niina^_^ Online Now Jul 21, 2011 at 4:59 AM

Hi!

We are travelling with our family and grandmother from Kaunas to Klaipeda on monday. Could somebody please help me, what would be best way to travel? Bus or a taxi? How much would it cost to get a taxi, approximately? Are busses often crowded? We were thinking about renting a car, but my husband is a bit scared to drive there. Is the traffic bad in Kaunas and Klaipeda? Thank you in advance!

Niina

5 Answers Jul 25, 2011 at 5:56 AM
    • value of living

by gyosi Online Now Jul 9, 2011 at 2:10 AM

Hello
      Does anything give me data
      The value of living for tourists in Lithuania per day
      Not including transportation and hotels
      Thanks in advance
      yosi

3 Answers Aug 20, 2011 at 3:27 AM
    • local Tourist guide

by gyosi Online Now Jul 2, 2011 at 2:13 AM

hi
      I need local Tourist guide
      I prefer Hebrew talking guide
      can you give me name and email of
      some guides
      Thanks in advance
      yosi

4 Answers Jul 2, 2011 at 3:20 AM
    • Drugness's Profile Photo

Bunch of questions on Kaunas

by Drugness Online Now Jun 21, 2011 at 2:22 PM

Hello all
      I'm going to spend a night in Kaunas soon and i was wondering if maybe i would need 2 nights there? I will not be enjoying Svyturys all the time of course ;) I'd like to see everything cultural, touristy, historical while there... so do i need more than 1 day for this? I'd also love to see whatever is worth seeing near the city... castles, parks, etc. So, all advice and tips are welcome! :)
      Also, is Marijampole worth visiting? I need advice on that one!
      And finally.... is it possible to hire a car in Kaunas and return it in Vilnius? If anyone knows a company who does this, would be great to hear about it
      Thanks everyone!
      DG

13 Answers Jun 23, 2011 at 6:37 AM
    • Slobodka Yeshiva

by yashad1 Online Now Jan 16, 2011 at 8:00 PM

What is the exact address, including the side-street address, of the new Beis-HaMedrash/Slobodka Yeshiva building located on present-day Kernaves (formerly Jesiboto) gatve, on the corner of Vezeju gatve in Vilijampole?

This is a four-story building, and a commemorative plaque erected in 1991 is prominently displayed at the building's entrance.

The original Slobodka Yeshiva was located only one block away on Paneriu gatve 9 and Kernaves gatve 12.

Thank you to the two people who responded to my first post on October 27. Any information that you can provide will be appreciated, as my grandfather's family prayed there over a century ago.

7 Answers Mar 12, 2012 at 8:53 PM
    • sanjiv's Profile Photo

A free day in Kaunas

by sanjiv Online Now Nov 26, 2010 at 2:17 AM

I'm visiting Kaunas on business from 8th until 10th December. Considering the extreme temperatures and that I have a day free in hand are there any suggestions on what I could see/do?

Thanks!

13 Answers Nov 28, 2010 at 5:49 AM
    • tobacco

by Clarri Online Now Nov 2, 2010 at 7:29 AM

Hi,
      Am visiting Kaunas this weekend, and wondering is tobacco available to buy, and if so, what brands?
      We are really looking forward to our visit. Also, can someone advise, we are staying at the Kaunas Hotel, and are getting the bus from the airport, but at what stop should we get off, and then, how far, and how easy is it to find the hotel.
      Thanks.

• Kaunas - Vilijampole

by yashad Online Now Oct 27, 2010 at 12:25 PM

My maternal grandfather and his entire family primarily lived on Mesininku gatve in Slobodka (Vilijampole), and were butchers for at least three generations.

The Butchers Kloyz (Synagogue) was located on the corner of Ariogalos gatve and Linkuvos gatve, where the Kovno Ghetto Memorial is located. This building address is either Ariogalos 20/21 or Linkuvos 20/21, and a wooden house is still there. What is the distance and proximity between this memorial and this house address?

My great-great grandfather lived on Ariogalos gatve 74a, and his son lived nearby on Kokliu gatve 9. Other relatives also lived nearby on Ariogalos 97 and Veliuonos 19. Moreover, there was also a synagogue on Veliuonos gatve 29, and this building still exists.

What were the street addresses of the Old and New Beis-Medrash and the Old Great Synagogue in Slobodka/Vilijampole?

Lastly, behind Mesininku gatve, directly in the middle of this street, is Plateliu gatve (Sinagoga Gas). I was informed by a fellow researcher that this little street/alley had synagogues (kloyzn and shtiblech), prayer-houses and small yeshivos (not to be confused with the much larger and famous Slobodka Yeshiva on Paneriu gatve 9).

Can anyone provide historical information, as well as photographs and images, of these streets and addresses?

3 Answers Oct 27, 2010 at 11:04 PM
    • how to reach hotel on 04.11.10 at 12.30 from airport.

by smookherji Online Now Oct 15, 2010 at 2:36 AM

I have a plan to go to KAUNUS in the above schedule. I am not in a position to find any way to hotel ANELES B&B, Karmelava at night specilly when the temp nearly 0`C. Kindly let me know ,if there is any solution with you.

1 Answer Oct 18, 2010 at 12:16 AM
    • bus from Kaunas to Siauliai

by gregosse Online Now Sep 23, 2010 at 1:42 PM

Hello,first i would like to know if the bus station is far from airport and then if there is a bus between kaunas and siauliai?
      If you have more details about it, thanks a lot! :)

2 Answers Sep 29, 2010 at 1:15 AM
    • solveiga_saule's Profile Photo

BUS from Kaunas bus station to airport.

by solveiga_saule Online Now Sep 3, 2010 at 9:25 AM

I'll arrive in Kaunas bus station at 23.45 and my flight is at 6.30 in the morning.I have few questions.
      Is it possible to get to airport so late?
      Is bus station open all night, so I could take the 1st bus to airport?
      And what bus number do I need?

Thank you already :)

8 Answers Oct 25, 2010 at 6:14 AM
    • Ferry from Kaunas to Nida

by carolynl Online Now Jul 19, 2010 at 4:02 PM

Hi,
      Is there a boat or ferry from Kaunas to Nida? I have seen a reference to it on this forum but can't find any further information.

Many thanks
      Carolyn

2 Answers Jul 20, 2010 at 12:09 AM
    • Metropolitan Theatre - Kaunas

by carolynl Online Now Jul 19, 2010 at 4:01 PM

My sister and I are doing a bit of a family pilgrimage to Kaunas. Our father, Jurgis Miksevicius and his family had to leave in 1940. His father owned two picture theatres, The Metropolitan and The Forum. I found a brief reference to a film festival being held in 'the historic Metropolitan theatre'. Do you have any idea where this building is?

Many thanks
      Carolyn

3 Answers Jul 20, 2010 at 12:12 AM
    • Via kaunas airport or where spend a night?

by Amalker Online Now Apr 26, 2010 at 12:30 AM

Sveiki!

Plans to take a Ryanair route from Kaunas. I need to be in airport at 8:00-9:00.
      But i travel from Minsk, and all buses\trains arrived to Kaunas close to midnight or not early than 2:30 (train Kharkov-Kaliningrad). So, here is the question, where to spend several hours, and how to get to airport early morning?

Acu!

2 Answers May 6, 2010 at 6:38 AM
    • Vihren's Profile Photo

40 minutes by taxi from the airport to the bus station, is this realistic?

by Vihren Online Now Apr 23, 2010 at 8:26 AM

I am arriving at Kaunas airport with a Ryanair flight scheduled to arrive at 23.55. I have absolutely no luggage and I can easily be the first passenger to board off the plane, I have done that many times, also Ryanair have the habit of arriving 10-15 minutes before their schedule. I need to get some money (preferably - to exchange them, but at this time of the night probably from an ATM machine), then find a taxi as quickly as possible and get to the main bus station before 0.35, when the night bus for Klaipeda is leaving, buy a ticket somehow and board the bus. Do you think it will work? Is the ATM machine at Arrivals easy to find? Are there enough easily findable taxis at the exit of the airport at this time? Is the distance from the airport to the main bus station more than 20-25 minutes by car during the night? And will I be able to buy the bus ticket in the last minute at the bus station, or from the driver? The bus is TOKS-bus, from Minsk through Vilnius and Kaunas to Klaipeda and Palanga, does anyone know if this bus usually comes on time, or later, or earlier? Is there going to be some place for me inside or it is usually full? I am planing to do this on a Thursday night.
      Also, one last question - What fare should I expect from the taxi? Approximately how much will the taxi to the bus station cost?
      It is very important for me to manage to do that, because otherwise I am stuck in Kaunas for the whole night with nothing to do, and there isn't even a point in getting a hotel for just 4-5 hours since if I miss the night bus I will leave super-early in the morning.

6 Answers May 27, 2010 at 12:33 AM
    • siwaller's Profile Photo

Visiting Kaunas at the end of May

by siwaller Online Now Apr 2, 2010 at 11:33 AM

Hi good folks.

I've just booked a few days in Kaunas flying out on the 24th May. I have three full days so would greatly appreciate a few tips on the must see places, things to and best places to visit. I'm generally not looking to pack my time as the purpose of this trip is to relax following my final year university exams (I'm a mature student)so advice on good coffee shops, I do enjoy a good coffee along with people watching :-) and I'm not adverse to a beer in the evening.

Many thanks.

Si

11 Answers Apr 16, 2010 at 3:43 PM
    • Shopping in Kaunas

by damfan Online Now Feb 21, 2010 at 1:06 PM

I will be in Kaunas in a few weeks and hope to do a bit of shopping while there.Is it a good city for bargains?Can anyone tell what is the price of 200 cigarettes?Thanks.

2 Answers Mar 16, 2010 at 7:42 AM
    • Riga-Kaunas

by Ivoncik Online Now Dec 17, 2009 at 12:21 PM

I have to be in Kaunas airport 8.00 am ,is some way to go fromn Rige the same morning?.....Bus Ecolines ,Eurolines not available....

2 Answers Dec 22, 2009 at 12:23 AM
    • location of relatives on mother's side

by GINSZAUSKAS Online Now Oct 8, 2009 at 8:48 PM

I might want to visit relatives of my mother who came from a small village south of Kaunas. Her name was Agneska Kazakievicius, born around 1887, probably in a village called Gaulakrecius. Is there such a village and are any of her relatives still living there? She came to the USA about 1907.

1 Answer Oct 13, 2009 at 1:16 AM
    • A one day trip from Kaunas to Siauliai- is it possible?

by travelerfromtheSouth Online Now Oct 7, 2009 at 2:56 PM

Hello,

I am going to Kaunas next week for work purposes
      Unfortunately I am not staying long and I only got 2 days of my own to visit around
      I saw this place on the internet called " The Hill of Crosses" and it sounds interesting

Is there a bus or a train that goes there from Kaunas to Siauliai to make round trip in one day? I know it is far, but I am willing to go very early

Thanks

The girl from the South

5 Answers Nov 16, 2009 at 12:36 PM
    • Jolly_s's Profile Photo

Bookshops in Kaunas

by Jolly_s Online Now Jan 24, 2009 at 11:32 AM

I am likely to visit Kaunas in April/May. I am a book-lover so need to know good book-shops in Kaunas (also Vilnius)where English books can be obtained/purchased.

4 Answers Feb 3, 2009 at 9:42 AM
    • irish147's Profile Photo

Any 'Plays' on in the local Theatre in English in Sep?

by irish147 Online Now Aug 4, 2008 at 3:38 PM

I am going to be in Kaunas in Sep, I am looking for a nice Play to see in the local theater, are there any in English?

Thanks

4 Answers Aug 18, 2008 at 9:29 AM
    • Second hand Cameras?

by Clark.EE Online Now Jan 5, 2008 at 5:41 AM

Are there any flea markets/ second hand camera shops in Kaunas?
      Am visiting in mid April.
      Chris

1 Answer Feb 13, 2008 at 1:22 AM
    • 77tony's Profile Photo

What to do in kaunas?

by 77tony Online Now Dec 14, 2007 at 4:29 AM

Hi, im going with a friend to kaunas from the 27th to 30th december?
      could you please give me some suggestions of activities to do in this city!
      bar,disco, good resturant, spa for massages, place to visit?any suggestion will be appreciated!!!
      thanks tony

2 Answers Dec 20, 2007 at 3:03 AM
    • bus travel advice please

by glasgow53 Online Now Nov 12, 2007 at 4:18 AM

We are travelling to Kaunas in June 2008 to trace family roots. Can anyone please advise how easy or difficult it is to travel by bus from Kaunas to Luksiai( Sakiai ), length of journey and rough prices. Grandfather born there and ggrandparents buried there somewhere.
      Many thanks

5 Answers Nov 21, 2007 at 1:25 PM