Kaufbeuren

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Munich in March - Strongbeer Festival

Munich Feb 22, 2015 at 10:45 AM

My husband and I are traveling to Munich to land in the early morning on March 22. Our plan is to start off taking the train from Munich to Salzburg and do some sightseeing for the day then head off to ski the alps for a couple of days and return on Thursday to enjoy the Strongbeer festival to end our trip. Any suggestions on how we planned our trip? We figured the weekend would be best for enjoying the Strongbeer festival. Should there be any reservations made for tables at the different beer halls as they might get busy? Where do we find a list of interesting things going on during it? For example: strongman competition.

We are open to any and all suggestions!

more
    • praveenpd's Profile Photo

Dusseldorf & Munich

Munich Feb 3, 2015 at 2:51 PM

Hi there,

I will be travelling to Dusseldoft and Munich on business during 23 Feb through 26 Feb. I will have sometime to explore the city. I was wondering whether I should spend an extra day that I have in Dusseldoft or Munich. Any advise would be appreciated.

Also please recommend must visit places in Munich.

Thanks
      Praveen

more
    • Schwangau Public Transportation

Schwangau Feb 16, 2015 at 5:45 PM

Is there public transportation in Schwangau? Is there public transportation between Schwangau and Fussen train station? How can I go to Linderhof Palace and Ettal Abbey (Benediktinerabtei Ettal)?

more
    • Eagle's Nest

Obersalzberg Feb 16, 2015 at 3:00 PM

Will be staying in Munich. What is the easiest way to get to Eagle's Nest from there?

more
    • curiousity28's Profile Photo

Visiting in March?

Nationalpark Berchtesgaden Feb 8, 2015 at 11:23 AM

I'm visiting a family friend in Passau, Germany in early March and would like to spend a day or two (?) seeing the park - will any light hiking be possible? I'm not sure how much snow will be there or what the weather is like. Also, any suggestions on where to stay that has close access to the park?
      Thanks!

more
    • tmorrison74's Profile Photo

transportation

Nürnberg Feb 7, 2015 at 10:27 AM

How do I get from downtown to the place where Viking River Cruises embarks passengers?

more
    • one week in Tegernsee

Tegernsee Feb 4, 2015 at 2:56 PM

Hi, can you please recommend day trips by bus or train from Tegernsee?
      Kind Regards Victoria

more
    • NadineK5's Profile Photo

Weather Munich - May 2015

Munich Feb 20, 2015 at 6:27 AM

We'll be in Germany early May Heidelberg and Munich. What is the anticipated weather like for this time of the year?

more
    • EvgenyR's Profile Photo

Taking a stroller in a Horse Carriage

Schloss Neuschwanstein Feb 13, 2015 at 1:34 PM

We will be visiting Neuschwanstein Castle with a 3 y.o. child in early May.

The bus will not be available in these days due to some road maintenance.

We will not take inside tour, only some Courtyard shots and up and down to the Bridge.
      Is there a possibility to bring a stroller in a Horse Carriage with us or our only option is to take a long walk uphill ?

Thanks!

more
    • EvgenyR's Profile Photo

Question about Zugspitze roundtrip option

Garmisch-Partenkirchen Feb 22, 2015 at 11:49 AM

Hi,
      We will arrive to Eibsee by car and from there would like to take a cable car (Eibsee Seilbahn) up to the top straight away.
      Then, after spending some time at the summit, we will get down to the Zugspitzplat (by Gletscherbahn) for some lunch
      The question is - can we go backwards to Eibsee exactly vice versa?

I mean the following route: Eibsee --> Zugspitze Summit --> Zugspitzplat --> Zugspitze Summit --> Eibsee (all by cable cars).

Or our only option is a train only ? We are going with a little daughter, prefer not to boil her in a train full of tourists.

The second question - Can we buy the tickets directly at Eibsee station or we have to visit Garmisch for a tickets ?

Thanks!

more