change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• jahall's Profile Photo

Cruise terminal

Oahu Mar 22, 2015 at 5:41 PM

Taking a cruise in May. Is it best to book the ground transportation with Norwegian ($60 pp!) or take a taxi from the airport to the cruise terminal? How easy will it be to get a taxi and what is the approximate cost?

more
    • jahall's Profile Photo

Turtle Bay Resort

Kahuku Mar 22, 2015 at 5:37 PM

Really want to stay here post-cruise. Pretty pricey. Do you think you can get a better rate if you just walk in without a reservation or is it usually pretty booked up? I'm assuming I'd need to rent a car? Any suggestions on the best/least expensive place to rent a car? Should I rent one before travelling or get one when we get there after the cruise?

more
    • placido2745's Profile Photo

Public Bus Service to Pearl Harbor and return?

Honolulu Mar 5, 2015 at 6:44 PM

I'm having trouble working out the online bus timetable for Honolulu. I understand that RTE #42 goes passed Pearl Harbor and this route is close to our hotel. I found a bus on the timetable which goes passed timing point 'V' (near our hotel) at 8:13am on a weekday and arrives at timing point 'Q' (Arizona Memorial) at 9:17am but I cannot find a #42 bus leaving Pearl Harbor and returning to Waikiki. Can anyone help me solve my confusion?

more
    • 4 day bus pass

Honolulu Mar 20, 2015 at 7:21 PM

Are you able to purchase the 4 day bus pass at the airport or at the airport port bus stop?

more
    • Road to Hana or road from Napili to Kahului?

Maui Mar 5, 2015 at 9:16 AM

We are staying north of Lahaina and are wondering which of these routes would serve us best for sight seeing. We are allowing a full day for this journey. Other friends have recommended the Napili to Kahului route, although most seem to talk about the Hana trip. Thoughts?

more
    • jahall's Profile Photo

Turtle Bay Beach Villa

Kahuku Mar 22, 2015 at 5:43 PM

Want to stay here - I saw that you can rent one of the beach villas for virtually the same price as a room at the resort. I understand the only thing you can't use at the resort is the pool and of course there is no maid service. Has anyone rented one of the villas or stayed at the resort?

more
    • Shore fishing Brenneckes Beach?

Kauai Jan 11, 2015 at 4:21 PM

Staying in the Brenneckes Beach area in mid march. Wondered if it was worthwhile taking a small travel rod along to maybe cast some small spoons or jigs along the rocky shore areas. Appreciate any input you may have to offer.

1 Answer Jan 11, 2015 at 5:26 PM
    • Snorkleing South Shore?

Kauai Jan 11, 2015 at 4:16 PM

Staying at Brenneckes Beach area in mid March. Grandkids want to snorkle. Is there any good places near that beach to snorkle directly from the beach?
      Thanks for any input.

1 Answer Jan 11, 2015 at 5:43 PM
    • Luau near Poipu

Kauai Jan 11, 2015 at 7:02 AM

Be there in mid march and interested in recommendations for a good luau.

Appreciate input.
      Thanks

2 Answers Jan 11, 2015 at 12:03 PM
    • West Coast boat tour

Kauai Jan 11, 2015 at 6:58 AM

Will be staying on south shore mid March and was wondering about boat tours/snorkeling along west coast. Going with wife and daughter's family. Grandsons are 12 & 14.
      Heard stories of rough seas that time of year and just wondering if these long boat rides are a smart thing to do not knowing if any of them are succeptable to motion sickness.
      Would appreciate input from anyone that may know about these tours in mid March.

3 Answers Jan 11, 2015 at 12:37 PM
    • ohsouthlondon's Profile Photo

Budget for one month...

Kauai Oct 26, 2014 at 1:29 PM

How much should I budget for a one month stay? (not including acommodation).

There will be two of us and we will be dining out some of the time, but will be just as happy to buy in food and cook 'at home'. Activity-wise, we'll be doing a lot of hiking etc and a little souvenir hunting.

I realise this is a fairly open question, but what i'm after is a 'You won't die of starvation if you bring this much' type answer to use as a jumping off figure.

Thanks in advance for what I'm sure will be perfectly helpful answers!

9 Answers Oct 27, 2014 at 10:57 AM
    • Remote2013's Profile Photo

Beach access

Kauai Oct 21, 2014 at 7:12 AM

We are taking our 2 adult children, their spouses and 2 grandchildren to Kauai during spring break in 2015 (Late March - early Apr). Beach time, snorkeling and maybe a scuba experience and whale watching top our planning list. I see a few comments on Marriott Kauai Resort & Beach and we have some travel points that we could apply to this location. I am interested in comments on villas or condos in lieu of standard hotel type accommodations. We will fly to Honolulu first to tour Pearl Harbor before going to Kauai. I was in Kauai about 25 years ago - so expect it to be quite different today... but primarily looking to enjoy easy access to the water. Thanks for letting me know your thoughts on places and the folks in the area.

1 Answer Oct 21, 2014 at 3:41 PM
    • ohsouthlondon's Profile Photo

Wild Camping

Kauai Oct 13, 2014 at 2:51 PM

Is wild camping legal on the island? I'm more than happy to pay any fees for the priviledge, and hopefully there's a setup whereby said fees are put into the upkeep of the areas or the local communities. I'll be going next year for my honeymoon and the plan is to do 10 days wild (because i'm a massive Jurassic Park fan!), 10 days in a villa or the like.

Any help or advice would be very much appreciated.

4 Answers Oct 14, 2014 at 10:52 AM
    • Luggage/Valuables Storage Suggestion

Kauai Sep 22, 2014 at 9:50 AM

Planning to camp, but hoping not to keep all my valuables in my car at all times. Anyone know of a place offering storage or the like?
      Thanks!

4 Answers Sep 22, 2014 at 12:43 PM
    • Camping Safety

Kauai Sep 22, 2014 at 9:48 AM

I've heard that it's not terribly safe to camp as a tourist in Kauai. Some of what I read mentioned hostilities by locals toward mainlanders. Besides the obvious risk of car theft, what is the current safety situation like in Kauai campsites? Can you recommend some of the safest spots for a street-smart lady camping solo?
      Thanks!

3 Answers Dec 12, 2014 at 3:25 AM
    • Best Happy Hours

Kauai Sep 8, 2014 at 6:02 PM

Where are the best Happy Hours in the Princeville area?

2 Answers Sep 8, 2014 at 10:24 PM
    • The number one thing to do in Kauai

Kauai Aug 30, 2014 at 3:18 PM

If you could only do one thing in Kauai what would it be?

10 Answers Sep 9, 2014 at 5:35 PM
    • What is the weather like in October?

Kauai Aug 20, 2014 at 5:55 AM

I keep reading about summer vs winter weather. Sounds like winter has more rain. Husband and I are going this October. What should we know? We like to snorkel, so hoping the weather is nice. We will be on the south.

5 Answers Aug 21, 2014 at 10:51 AM
    • We are getting off of the Pride of America

Kauai Aug 13, 2014 at 12:50 PM

Is there public transportation close to the port?

3 Answers Aug 13, 2014 at 7:17 PM
    • Hurricane Iselle

Kauai Aug 9, 2014 at 8:59 AM

Got a friend staying at Hyatt Kauai - can someone urgently please give me an up-date as to what the current situation is. Also they are moving to The Big Island Kohala Coast - again can someone please urgently up-date me with the current situation

Many thanks and hoping someone can put my mind at rest

2 Answers Aug 9, 2014 at 10:03 AM
    • looking for a great place for dinner in Poipu area

Kauai Jun 25, 2014 at 1:35 AM

Hi! Our family will be going to Kauai this Saturday and I'm looking for a place to go have a nice dinner on Sunday night. We are staying in Poipu. We are 4 adults and two recent high school graduates (17&18), so places geared toward families with young kids are not preferred (not on vacation, sorry!). We already have the luau experience scheduled for Monday; just looking for suggestions on a casual BUT memorable place to go that's not going to break the bank either. We are open to mostly all types of cuisine. Some place to also celebrate Mom's birthday (67)?

5 Answers Jun 26, 2014 at 9:17 AM
    • Kauai Suggestions

Kauai Mar 31, 2014 at 12:09 PM

We are going to Kauai in a few weeks. Ideally we would like to stay in a laid back place with a pool on a sandy beach, with surfing nearby. Any suggestions?

5 Answers Apr 12, 2014 at 2:47 AM
    • dnwitte's Profile Photo

Life on Kauai

Kapaa Jan 22, 2014 at 3:20 PM

So, there's a very rare job opening in my profession in a place called Kapa'a. I know nothing about life in a small town in Hawai'i. Anybody care to fill me in on the culture and quality of life in Kapa'a?
      I just reached the end of my tether with winter in New England.

Thanks in advance.

33 Answers Jan 27, 2014 at 6:05 PM
    • sorry about earlier typo

Hanalei Jan 7, 2014 at 5:50 PM

sorry about the typo the store I am trying to find is next to havaiki. that I am trying to find. its on the same side of the street as the store havaiki

3 Answers Jan 7, 2014 at 8:28 PM
    • trying to find a shop

Hanalei Jan 7, 2014 at 5:45 PM

what is the name of a store havaiki. It sells mostly womens clothes and feels like a cabin.

• Place to stay in Hanalei off the beaten path.

Hanalei Dec 7, 2013 at 4:41 AM

Looking for a place to stay (family of 2 adults, 3 kids under 13) near Hanalei, Kauai. We are from a farm in Kansas. Love to hike, swim, snorkel.........rather than shop hang around crowds.

2 Answers Dec 7, 2013 at 9:31 AM
    • North Shore Gym, Running Group, etc

Kauai Nov 3, 2013 at 7:49 PM

Where is best locals place to work out on North Shore Kilauea area? Any organized running group in the area?

1 Answer Nov 6, 2013 at 11:19 AM
    • Stanway's Profile Photo

Kauai recommendations?

Kauai Oct 27, 2013 at 10:01 AM

Going to Kauai for 4 days so will probably only stay at one location. What section of the island should we stay? What are your top three places to visit?

3 Answers Oct 30, 2013 at 8:29 AM
    • Wedding gift

Haena Sep 18, 2013 at 8:20 PM

I am looking for gift ideas for a young couple on their honeymoon? They will stay at Kepuhi Beach in front of Haena Cottage. Maybe gift certificates for a favorite place, local tours or activities, restaurants... They will be there at the end of October. Thanks.

3 Answers Sep 19, 2013 at 1:23 PM
    • VodaH's Profile Photo

snorkeling

Kauai Sep 1, 2013 at 11:07 AM

My mom and I are heading to Kauai for a snorkeling trip. We have been all over Jamaica and Costa Rica and really enjoy the cliff and rock snorkeling. Question is when is the best time and place in Kauai. We don't enjoy big cities and would love a small town that is not so commercial. Asking a lot in this question. lol.

4 Answers Sep 3, 2013 at 4:00 PM
    • SalsaDanceForJoy's Profile Photo

Best Time of Year

Kauai Aug 31, 2013 at 9:34 AM

I'm a teacher, so my travel plans have to be within the confines of my school schedule. Which month would be best for a traveler who wants to snorkel (preferably w/o a wetsuit), hike & tour this island: April; June, July, or August; or December?

16 Answers Sep 3, 2013 at 10:41 PM
    • cmillard's Profile Photo

Help with condo choice

Poipu Jul 27, 2013 at 8:06 PM

Looking for a clean, bright, cheerful condo on the ocean in Poipu. Just a one bedroom as my husband and I are going alone for a second honeymoon. Also, any suggestions for a romantic area to renew our vows?

Mahalo,
      Mickey

2 Answers Sep 27, 2013 at 6:45 PM
    • Hotel Help

Kauai Jul 15, 2013 at 10:24 AM

I am traveling to Kauai at the end of July, I have a choice between two hotels and am not sure which is right for my family. I am traveling with my adult children, 21 & 23. We can stay at the Marriott Waioahi in Poipu in a 2 bedroom condo that will most likely face the parking lot or in an Oceanfront hotel room at The Kauai Beach Resort. I have heard that the Marriott is geared more towards young famiiies and will have a lot of kids running around, it is on Poipu beach but it is packed this time of year and it will look over a parking lot. But it is a 2 bed condo which is a plus. The Kauai Beach resort in Lihue has an oceanfront room with 2 beds and a roll away and seems a bit more for adults. I really like the view. Anyone know these 2 properties and could get a recommedation for a stay this time of year would be appreciated.

5 Answers Jul 17, 2013 at 9:47 AM
    • Kauai specific questions

Kauai Mar 27, 2013 at 6:41 PM

Hello,

We will be returning to Kauai for a 5 day trip. We went 2 years ago and stayed 4 days, we didn't know much about the island at that time and are searching to plan our next trip better.

On the first visit, we stayed in a hotel in Kapaa, we liked the area, being kind of central.

On this visit, we are looking at condos (we will be 4), we have spotted some at Princeville, at first view it seems kind of far from Poipu and the Canyon... what do you guys think?

To help you out, here's a list of things we are looking forward to do during our 5 day trip.

- Waimea Canyon + hang out at Poipu beaches/area,
      - Kalalau trail
      - Kayak to Secret Falls
      - Snorkelling
      - Queen's bath
      - Hang out at beaches

We did visit Kauai once and know our way around it, but are not so aware of the special places.

So here are my specific questions :

- Does the east/north (somewhat max 30 minutes from Princeville) of Kauai offer a good enough variety of beaches and snorkelling to cover 2-3 days, so that we do not have to run around the island for those activities?

- Is there any special places that you would suggest (beaches, treks, waterfalls, activities) ?

- Would Kauai be a nice place to learn to surf (similar to Waikiki), and if yes, where at?

- Does Waimea Canyon offer treks that are spectacular? (In my opinion, simply looking at the Canyon from the observation areas is spectacular), are we missing out by just looking at it without walking right into it?

- So Helicopter rides leave from the airport? Are you aware if you must book in advance, or are you able to get in just a few days prior?

- Golf, how good is Kauai for golf? Any specific courses to recommand? I know golfing in Hawaii can be expensive, let's say something in the range of 40$ - 90$ for the round (not sure what those prices get you..)

Thanks all,

3 Answers Jun 18, 2013 at 7:54 PM
    • What is the name of the beach, where is it? On Kauai or Maui?

Kauai Mar 13, 2013 at 9:48 AM

Years ago (1998) I was on Kauai and Maui. Now that I look on my photos, I do not remember where the beach on the photo was.
      Here is the link to my uploaded photos: members.virtualtourist.com/p...

Does anyone know?

8 Answers Mar 22, 2013 at 1:44 PM
    • 1 month rental for less than $2500?

Kauai Feb 28, 2013 at 8:37 PM

Is it possible to rent a nice 2/3 bedroom house with privacy, nice views (sea or nature), and idyllic setting for a month for $2750 or less on the Western part of the Island?

The dates could be in January or in the spring / autumn. Thank you.

3 Answers Mar 27, 2013 at 8:30 AM