Kauai Travel Answers

change location

What beach did I visit?

by IkaikaMakani Online Now Aug 7, 2010 at 12:05 PM

We just returned from our first visit to Kauai and we found the most amazing beach but can't figure out which one it was. We were driving north from Kapa'a and saw a road that went right toward the coast and pulled off following the road where it looks like they are building a new bed and breakfast with cottages or some sort of compound. Right by this area was a red dirt road that dead ended into a cliff where there was a steep trail going down the side of the mountain.

We proceeded down a pretty steep and slippery hike where there were a few steps built in but not much. At the bottom we found a beautiful beach with lots of lava rock and a Monk Seal hanging out sunbathing.

We didn't see any houses or properties from the bottom and spent a wonderful afternoon on the beautiful beach. The water was pretty rough but enjoyable.

Any idea what this beach was? Thanks in advance for any help you can give :)

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • travelgourmet's Profile Photo

Re: What beach did I visit?

by travelgourmet Online Now Aug 7, 2010 at 12:31 PM

Aloha. The North Shore of Kauai has so many great beaches and many are secluded and off trails and red dirt roads, that to guess which one is difficult. Several come to mind but why don't you look for yourself through the Kauai Beach guide to figure out which one could be the one you visited or even on google map to see the shore lines and roads. I could guess, but it would only be guessing. See the Kauai Beach website: kauai-vacations-ahh.com/arti...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Kauai Travel Answer Locations