Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• anadyr's Profile Photo

Location of bus terminal and train station

by anadyr Online Now Aug 28, 2014 at 9:08 AM

Hi,
      I'm looking at traveling from Bratislava on the Polski Night bus in early Oct to Katowice. My final destination is Wroclaw. I just have a few questions.
      a. How far is the Polski Bus terminal from the Train station?
      b. I arrive around 0600. The next Polski bus is at 1005. I believe that there is a train at 0800 or so. Which one would you choose?
      c. Where is a good location for an ATM to change cash or can I use Euros/credit cards?
      d. Good choice for breakfast

more

Near Katowice

• anadyr's Profile Photo

Location of bus terminal and train station

by anadyr Online Now Aug 28, 2014 at 9:08 AM

Hi,
      I'm looking at traveling from Bratislava on the Polski Night bus in early Oct to Katowice. My final destination is Wroclaw. I just have a few questions.
      a. How far is the Polski Bus terminal from the Train station?
      b. I arrive around 0600. The next Polski bus is at 1005. I believe that there is a train at 0800 or so. Which one would you choose?
      c. Where is a good location for an ATM to change cash or can I use Euros/credit cards?
      d. Good choice for breakfast

3 Answers Aug 29, 2014 at 11:05 AM
    • Busted bag

by Giraffic Online Now Aug 6, 2014 at 3:16 PM

Where can I buy a 100 litre duffle bag with wheels in Katowice?

1 Answer Aug 7, 2014 at 12:14 PM
    • Katowice Connection Enroute to Krakow

by peiz11 Online Now Jun 23, 2014 at 9:11 AM

I was hoping someone may be able to ease my tension. First time over in Europe at all and have easily booked trains when needed except when going from Vienna to Krakow. We now have a train arriving in Katowice at 12:32. Looking at polrail, they only have a 16:50 train even though on Bahn there is a much better 14:30 train. Is it worth waiting and just trying to buy a ticket at the Katowice station for the eariler train? And, worst case scenario, would I likely be able to get on the later train if needed still?

Thanks for any help you all can offer!

3 Answers Jun 23, 2014 at 10:42 AM
    • Visiting Kaatowice

by newhere0000 Online Now Jun 20, 2014 at 8:24 AM

I will be visiting Jaworzno, I am indian and I'm afraid after hearing about racism, etc. Are there any dangers or security problems, if any what are the precautions? Thanks!

3 Answers Jun 26, 2014 at 6:39 AM
    • patbunyard's Profile Photo

bus from Katowice to Kraków

by patbunyard Online Now May 25, 2014 at 11:22 AM

Arriving by train to Katowice and would like to take bus to Kraków. Two bus stations in town. From where does the LINK bus leave, the train station? or the PKS station on Piotra Skargi? Thank you

4 Answers May 29, 2014 at 2:52 PM
    • OlhaV's Profile Photo

Katowice - Przemysl

by OlhaV Online Now Jul 24, 2013 at 5:12 PM

How can I get from Katowice to Przemysl after 23:00? Thank you.

2 Answers Jul 25, 2013 at 1:27 AM
    • arturowan's Profile Photo

Katowice bus station > UKRAINE?

by arturowan Online Now Aug 3, 2012 at 1:55 AM

Is there a bus from Katowice to anywhere in Ukraine? (that is, apart from the service operated by SINBAD - which arrives in Ukrainian destinations between 24:00-02:00 - so is really only suitable for locals...)

2 Answers Aug 31, 2012 at 2:45 PM
    • Getting help to change trains in Katowice

by passel Online Now Nov 19, 2010 at 11:37 AM

I will be travelling from Krakow to Vienna and need to change trains in Katowice. I have only 9 minutes between trains. Can I make it? How can I get help? Are there station employees to assist? Porters? How do I get their attention? Wave a fistful of zlotys? I'm a 60 year old woman, so won't be able to run from one track to another.
      Thanks for all advice. Passel

3 Answers Nov 19, 2010 at 12:17 PM
    • Dance Clubs near Katowice, Silesia, Wroclaw and Krakow?

by bryanspins Online Now Aug 14, 2010 at 1:58 PM

My significant other/dance partner and I are visiting her family in Katowice area (Mikolow)several weeks and want to find clubs near Katowice, Silesia, Wroclaw and Krakow to DANCE. We really like to dance "Hustle" (Disco), retro Swing and Latin. We've both very comfortable in the "Ballroom" environment, but we'd prefer to go to a club instead of a dance school, as we'd like to invite our non-dancing family to go also. Any good suggestions where we might find a place and room to really dance, rather than just stand in a miniscule place and shake?

Thanks
      Bryan

PS: (yes we sometimes dance like "Dancing with the Stars" or "Taniec z Gwiazdami";0) But we don't need that much room this trip.
      bryanspins on facebook

3 Answers Jan 27, 2013 at 9:12 AM
    • JaredRSydney's Profile Photo

Public Transport Krakow - Katowice Airport

by JaredRSydney Online Now Jul 25, 2010 at 5:57 AM

Hello,

I've read a lot of information about people travelling away from Katowice but not travelling to. I would assume it would be the same but in reverse though am not having much luck!

I have a flight leaving on a Saturday morning at 10:55am.

I have found this train:

Train from Krakow Glowny to Katowice at 6:35am arriving 8:25am (4/9) TLK36104

What I've read from Wikipedia (yes, not a really reliable source) is that buses take 50minutes from central station to the airport and depart on the hour. Is this correct?

Would I therefore be able to catch the bus from Katowice at 9:00am arriving around 9:50am? That gives me just over an hour. Is that cutting it too fine?

Is there an easier option to get to the airport from Krakow? Thanks so much - a lot of the information I've found online is very old.

7 Answers Aug 30, 2012 at 11:43 AM
    • anna_s's Profile Photo

Train from Katowice to Bratislava

by anna_s Online Now Jul 20, 2010 at 1:45 PM

Hi all! I've heard and read a lot about magic atmosphere of train station in Katowice. But still have essential questions.
      - What are opening hours of ticket offices?
      - Is is possible (i didn't find any option, but still do hope) to buy this ticket online?
      - Is is possible to buy ticket on board (of course with some extra money). If so, what should i do on the border? buy anothe ticket for Check territory and then Slovakian territory.

Tha fact is that i land to Katowice aiport about 5 pm and would love to catch late evening train to Bratislava.
      I would kindly appreciate any ideas and suggestions.

Thanks in advance,
      Anna

8 Answers Jul 21, 2010 at 7:25 PM
    • cvscott's Profile Photo

Katowice Airport to Train to Ostrava Czech Republic

by cvscott Online Now Sep 26, 2009 at 9:58 PM

I am trying to get from Katowice airport (Wizz flight) to Katowice train station in the afternoon for a train to Ostrava. What is the easiest way to get between the two? Is there a train or direct bus? Thanks!

3 Answers Sep 27, 2009 at 3:05 PM
    • Anyone used carpolonia.pl/www.wizz-bus.com before?

by philoldham Online Now Sep 3, 2009 at 10:42 AM

Hi all! I'll be arriving in Katowice on a Ryanair flight at 8pm on the 16th September.

I've been searching for airport transfers to Krakow, and carpolonia.pl / http://www.wizz-bus.com seem to be the cheapest! Has anyone used them before? Is it possible for me to book with the WizzAir bus company - despite not flying with them?

Thanks for any info!

3 Answers Aug 30, 2012 at 11:41 AM
    • citytrip's Profile Photo

Bus Timetable advice please

by citytrip Online Now May 17, 2009 at 1:30 PM

Hi, we are travelling to Katowice airport wkend 10th July we dont land till the early hours of saturday morning so decided to get the bus to Krakow and stay their the night as we thought it would be quicker to travel at that time of the night than in the morning. We will spend the day exploring Krakow then plan to return to katowice saturday night and stay over before flying back sunday evening. We would like to visit Auschwitz independently (not on a tour) and thought it would be easier to get to from Katowice but I am having difficulty finding bus time tables as I don't speak polish. Can anyone advise me what time I could catch a bus on the 12th July and how long the journey takes? We would probably aim to get a bus around 8am ish not sure what time we would need to head back probably around 4pm as we fly at 19:45. Any advice greatly appreciated. :-)

3 Answers May 26, 2009 at 12:30 AM
    • Need some more help please

by flynnfidelma Online Now Feb 5, 2009 at 5:54 AM

Hi all,
      I arrive into Katowice Airport at 2:10 am in March. I am stayin in Katowice City for the night. I need to know is there a night train or bus running at this time to the city centre please, if not, how much should I expect to pay for a taxi one way? I would also like to know is there a bus that leaves Katowice City going to Oswiecim in the morning from 8am onwards? Looking forward to hearing from you. :)

2 Answers Mar 2, 2009 at 6:53 AM
    • Taxi from Katowice airport to Krakow

by stevebrad Online Now Jan 5, 2009 at 7:18 AM

Hi there

Am always keen to get to my 'base' as soon as possible so if it is not too expensive prefer to get a taxi rather than buses.

Can someone please give me some advice on roughly how much to expect to pay for a taxi to Krakow and what is the best option - to pre-book, pick up a taxi at the ariport or to phone a local company from the airport?

Also I like to take in a football game whilst on a break. Are there any attractive matchis in the Krakow area betweeen 19th and 22nd March?

Thanks

Steve

• ghosthunter's Profile Photo

Katowice Airport - Krakow Transportation.

by ghosthunter Online Now Oct 20, 2008 at 2:31 PM

Hi,
      I will be arriving at Katowice Airport on a Ryanair flight at approx 1.20pm on a tuesday afternoon. I was hoping to get a bus to Krakow but i'm struggling to find booking info in English. I have looked at www.toandfromtheairport.com/poland.html which shows a Matuszek bus leaves the Airport at 2.05pm but booking page only appears to be in Polish. I've aslo found buses to coincide with Wizzair flights but no info on Ryanair. Also the official Airport website only gives a link to the Wizzair bus which is only available in Polish. The Ryanair website is even less helpful with this one. Thanks in advance for any advice.

5 Answers Oct 26, 2008 at 9:46 AM
    • Katowice Airport to Krakow

by MikeandDenise Online Now Sep 11, 2008 at 2:03 PM

Hi guys

We are on a Ryanair flight arriving in Katowice on 4/10 at 21.00 we would like to get to Krakow that evening - is it possible - are there buses?

We will do the return trip a week later

your help would be very much appreciated

1 Answer Sep 11, 2008 at 2:20 PM
    • Taxi from bus station

by BlackenedSkies Online Now Jul 13, 2008 at 10:54 AM

I will be getting the Wizzair bus from Katowice Airport-city centre (bus station I think) in 2 weeks. I then need to get a taxi to my hotel, Campanile. Could anyone tell me which taxis are ok to get, or tell me which tram I can take?

2 Answers Jul 14, 2008 at 8:17 AM
    • Train tickets

by BlackenedSkies Online Now May 25, 2008 at 2:18 AM

I will be travelling around Poland in July. I need train tickets from Katowice-Krakow, Krakow-Zakopane, Zakopane-Tarnow and Tarnow-Katowice. Can I buy all these tickets at the train station in Katowice? I have looked into buying the tickets online, but it costs quite a bit more than buying them at the station.

Thanks.

6 Answers May 25, 2008 at 11:40 PM
    • Katowice-Ukraine

by flyto Online Now May 21, 2008 at 5:48 AM

Hello. PLEASE HELP.

I will fly in June from London to Katowice.
      My main destination - Ukraine
      Straight from Katowice I will need to go directly to Ukraine (Kiev), but there are no flights from Katowice to Ukraine.
      PLEASE tel me the fastest way to get to UKRAINE from Katowice, atleast to Lviv!
      HELP very urgent
      Many thanks

8 Answers Oct 2, 2009 at 9:22 AM
    • Kotowice or Krakow

by johnniebhoy Online Now Apr 24, 2008 at 3:43 AM

My wife and I are traveling to Katowice airport then going to Zakopane. due to timings we are getting a taxi from the airport direct to Zakopane however this is expensive.Considering on our return that we should either stay for one night in Krakow or Katowice before catching 12.30Pm flight home to Glasgow.We have visited Krakow on three occassions and enjoyed it . Wondering if we should get all the travel out the way at the one time and go direct from Zakopane to Katowice.Is this possible and if so what is the best way to do it and how long would this take. Is Katowice a nice place to stay just for the one day.Is it easy to get from the town to the airport in the morning. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

3 Answers Apr 26, 2008 at 11:55 PM
    • Katowice Train Station.

by SorD Online Now Apr 22, 2008 at 11:07 AM

Hi there,

Im going to Katowice very breifly in July, we're landing then pretty much getting the train directly to Novi Sad, Serbia (over night)... Our plane lands at 21:00, and the train leaves at 23:50.

First question - Would we be able to easly get a taxi from the airport directly to the train station at that time?

Secondly - I've heard a few negative things regarding the Katowice train station. Apparently it's over-run with homeless people, especially at night!!.. And ive read that they could get violent... i'd just like to know how bad it REALLY is?.. Would a group of 7 british tourists be safe enough on the train station at that sort of time? or should we SERIOUSLY consider a different option?

Thanks for any information and advice.

SorD.

1 Answer Apr 22, 2008 at 7:06 PM
    • crudy21's Profile Photo

Where to stay in Katowice for 2 young men going to Metallica concert at Stadion Slaski 28/05/08

by crudy21 Online Now Apr 13, 2008 at 2:28 AM

Could someone reccomend a nice but cheap hotel/hostel for me and my mate to stay in for the 3 days we are in Katowice?
      Would also like to pay a visit to Auschwitz while we are there to pay our respects.
      Also what is the nightlife like in this city? Thanks

1 Answer Apr 16, 2008 at 5:45 PM
    • CoolB's Profile Photo

What to do 4-6 April?

by CoolB Online Now Mar 31, 2008 at 4:59 AM

Hi,

I'm coming to Katowice this coming weekend (4-6 April) and have the following questions:
      - Any cultural events this weekend?
      - Clubs (jazz, rnb,...) to recommend?
      - I'm staying at Qubus Prestige, is it walking distance to attractions?
      - I'm black; any safety precautions (I've read somewhere of skinheads in this part of Poland)?

Thanks and cheers!

7 Answers Apr 23, 2008 at 11:52 AM
    • Please please advise!! Katowice to Krakow bus, safety and ATMs

by monkeylady Online Now Feb 17, 2008 at 2:04 AM

Hi...I will be arriving at Katowice airport on Tuesday at 21:00, do you think there will still be a bus to Krakow at that time?
      Also, I had a look at the links that people have posted here about the bus to Krakow, and am a little confused...would you mind clarifying what the name of the minibus company is? I can't understand enough Polish to book online, do you think it would be ok to buy a ticket on the day?
      Also, when arriving in Krakow on the bus, would it be safe to walk to my hostel (there will be 2 of us)?
      One more question...is there an ATM at the airport at Katowice?
      Many thanks!

16 Answers Feb 20, 2008 at 7:15 AM
    • hotels in ruda slaska areas

by sue-danielak Online Now Dec 28, 2007 at 10:21 AM

Hello

My sister and I are visiting our Polish family for the first time in June 08, they live in the ruda slaska area of katowice, I have not been able to find any hotels in this area on line. Can anyone help? Unfortunately neither of us speak Polish, nor do our relatives speak English so it makes it difficult for us to obtain this info from our relations.

3 Answers Dec 29, 2007 at 7:50 AM
    • katowice to kracow

by william1st Online Now Aug 22, 2007 at 9:21 AM

Hi there i am arriving at katowice airport at 17.00 hours what is the best way to go to kracow. How long is the journey and what sort of cost is involved. looking forward to any help can get Bill.

1 Answer Aug 22, 2007 at 10:16 AM
    • al_74's Profile Photo

Katowice advice...

by al_74 Online Now Jul 25, 2007 at 3:10 PM

Hi,

I'm going to be in the city for work for a week (mon - fri) in august.

Any good tips on what to see and do in the evenings?

Thanks
      al

1 Answer Jul 26, 2007 at 4:46 AM
    • Katowice to Zakopane

by indyhana Online Now Jul 25, 2007 at 12:03 PM

I havnt been to Poland before but:

I would like to get from Katowice Airport to Zakopane in the cheapest way possible basically! I am a student so money is an issue but time isnt.
      ...and then back again 10 days later.

also, whats it like in Poland money-wise. I am going for 10 days to Zakopane to do some walking in the Tatras and staying in the mountain lodges. I am from England, so whats it like Pounds to Zloty?

Thanks for any help! Its my first trip without parental organisation so i'm not sure how to go about stuff!

3 Answers Jul 5, 2008 at 10:58 AM