Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• doing volunteer.

by Jommy Online Now Apr 15, 2014 at 8:21 AM

how to volunteer in kathmandu?

more
    • Charliesangels's Profile Photo

Where should I go between my flights to Paro from Kathmandu?

by Charliesangels Online Now Mar 31, 2014 at 3:51 AM

I will be going to Paro in end April. My flight is from Hong Kong arriving to Kathmandu at 22:00, but then my next flight to Paro is the next day at 0925. It's approx 10 hours in between so I hesitate to book a hotel just for that, as well to pay the Nepal visa just for few hours.
      Would that be safe to stay in the airport overnight? Or I have the access to get in to the Kathmandu airport lounge, would they be opened until the next morning?

more
    • satellite phone

by marksale Online Now Mar 22, 2014 at 4:57 AM

What are the satellite phone option, going to Everest base camp, interested in renting, either there or rent in US and take it along. Any company have more consistent service?
      thanks

more
    • weather in march

by laney52 Online Now Apr 1, 2014 at 1:28 PM

when is the best time to visit

more
    • doing volunteer.

by Jommy Online Now Apr 15, 2014 at 8:21 AM

how to volunteer in kathmandu?

2 Answers Yesterday
    • weather in march

by laney52 Online Now Apr 1, 2014 at 1:28 PM

when is the best time to visit

7 Answers Apr 2, 2014 at 1:05 PM
    • Charliesangels's Profile Photo

Where should I go between my flights to Paro from Kathmandu?

by Charliesangels Online Now Mar 31, 2014 at 3:51 AM

I will be going to Paro in end April. My flight is from Hong Kong arriving to Kathmandu at 22:00, but then my next flight to Paro is the next day at 0925. It's approx 10 hours in between so I hesitate to book a hotel just for that, as well to pay the Nepal visa just for few hours.
      Would that be safe to stay in the airport overnight? Or I have the access to get in to the Kathmandu airport lounge, would they be opened until the next morning?

4 Answers Mar 31, 2014 at 9:17 PM
    • satellite phone

by marksale Online Now Mar 22, 2014 at 4:57 AM

What are the satellite phone option, going to Everest base camp, interested in renting, either there or rent in US and take it along. Any company have more consistent service?
      thanks

4 Answers Mar 23, 2014 at 3:10 PM
    • limkahwan's Profile Photo

First Trip

by limkahwan Online Now Mar 14, 2014 at 5:48 AM

I'm planning to visit this city. Need more info. I'm a backpacker, love to see their culture, history, foods and adventure into other towns as well that are worth to visit. Any recommendation on place to stay, foods not to missed, transport too. And not to missed the must see places. Thanks in advance.

4 Answers Mar 17, 2014 at 4:07 AM
    • Your everest trek backpack weight

by 60103guy Online Now Feb 26, 2014 at 7:22 PM

Just wondering, for those of you that treked to Everest Base Camp, how heavy was your backpack which you carried?
      I'm going solo, no porter and my backpack is 35 lbs (U.S. Pounds).
      That includes: tent, sleeping bag , some food, stove, clothes, Nikon D7000, sleeping pad, and other things.

Thanks for your reply.

2 Answers Feb 27, 2014 at 5:02 AM
    • chriskeith's Profile Photo

Langtang valley trek

by chriskeith Online Now Feb 21, 2014 at 7:20 PM

We would like to do the Langtang Valley trek has anyone been on the trek and used a good local company that's not too expensive we are 4 and would like to stay in not too expensive accommodation we have booked 3 nights in kathmandu and would like to travel to langtang after the 16th march 2014.
      Elizabeth

4 Answers Mar 15, 2014 at 5:24 PM
    • adihar's Profile Photo

Mountain Bike Guide

by adihar Online Now Feb 4, 2014 at 6:05 PM

Hi.
      We need someone to ride with us and show us the the beautiful track and scenery.
      We are a group of 6 and we bring our own bicycles.
      We plan to ride 4 days in Oct 2014.
      Everyday start riding from Kathmandu. Ride out and back.
      We are moderate riders. We look for not too easy and not too hard daily ride.
      Thanks
      Adi
      adiharriman@gmail.com

2 Answers Mar 9, 2014 at 12:18 PM
    • Can I buy ISOpPro Fuel at Kathmandu

by 60103guy Online Now Feb 4, 2014 at 7:43 AM

Can I buy this fuel and kathmandu and would I be allowed to take it on the flight to Lukla?
      cascadedesigns.com/msr/stove...

11 Answers Mar 9, 2014 at 12:18 PM
    • Camping on the way to Mt. Everest Base Camp

by 60103guy Online Now Jan 30, 2014 at 4:35 PM

I'm leaving to Nepal in March. My plan is to camp 90% of the nights in a tent. Is there anything I should watch out for while camping?
      And can I simply camp anywhere?

Thanks.

8 Answers Feb 26, 2014 at 3:54 AM
    • ilyathemuromets's Profile Photo

Recommendations on hiring a porter guide

by ilyathemuromets Online Now Jan 16, 2014 at 11:55 AM

Hello everyone, my friend and I are planning a trip to do a 10 day ABC trek in mid April (if anyone is interested joining, let me know). After reading this forum and others looks like hiring a porter guide is the best option for us since we are interested in learning something about the country while doing the hike.

Does anyone have any recommendation for a porter guide for ABC?

Thanks in advance.

2 Answers Jan 16, 2014 at 1:29 PM
    • knife3333's Profile Photo

ELEVATOR AT KTM AIRPORT

by knife3333 Online Now Jan 14, 2014 at 6:12 AM

hello does anyone know if there is a working elevator at Kathmandu airport THANK YOU.

9 Answers Jan 15, 2014 at 9:27 AM
    • in transit at Kathmandu

by rbneufeld Online Now Dec 28, 2013 at 11:38 AM

i have a 6.5 hour layover in Kathmandu, from Turkish air to Thai air. Will I be able to stay in the secure area without a transit visa?

1 Answer Dec 28, 2013 at 3:56 PM
    • NajmusS's Profile Photo

Do I need to book hotel in advance?

by NajmusS Online Now Dec 17, 2013 at 1:21 AM

Hi,

I am going to visit in the middle of Jan'14. Do I need to book hotel in advance to stay in Kathmandu & Pokhara? Or just go, check & book is ok? can you suggest any hotel with peak view? please suggest. This is 1st time I am traveling Nepal.

)

8 Answers Mar 1, 2014 at 11:27 PM
    • superkatol's Profile Photo

Heard of Simrik Airlines?

by superkatol Online Now Dec 12, 2013 at 5:32 AM

Hi,

Just found out that apart from Buddha and Yeti (about $215 rountrip for both), there is another airline flying KTM to Pokhara at a much cheaper rate (about $150). I cant seem to find any reviews for that airline.

Anybody tried it?

4 Answers Dec 12, 2013 at 3:53 PM

Opening Hours for Durbar Squares, Stupa, Temple in KTM

by superkatol Online Now Dec 6, 2013 at 8:53 AM

Hi, would like to ask if the Durbar Squares, Temples, Stupa have opening hours?

Particularly these:
      Patan,Kathmandu, bhakpatur Durbar Squares
      Pashupatinath, Boudhanath, monkey temple

1 Answer Dec 6, 2013 at 4:10 PM

Can I book flight to Pokhara in the Kathmandu airport?

by superkatol Online Now Dec 6, 2013 at 2:00 AM

Hi VTers!
      I will arrive very late like 11PM, if I would like to go to Pokhara on the earliest next flight (which is around 7am), is there a flight ticketing office in the Kathmandu airport itself so I can book my ticket there? Do you think they are still open at around 11-ish PM?

I don't feel comfortable sending my credit card details via email, as the Yeti Air and Buddha Air don't have online booking facility. Thus, I thought of booking my flight soon as I arrive in KTM.

Let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

4 Answers Dec 6, 2013 at 4:31 AM
    • First timer

by Valfoo Online Now Nov 24, 2013 at 4:04 AM

Female travelling alone to Nepal, whats the top 10 tips?

5 Answers Nov 24, 2013 at 8:48 AM
    • AlishaK's Profile Photo

New Years Eve, 2013

by AlishaK Online Now Nov 16, 2013 at 1:18 AM

What are the best places to go in Kathmandu for New Years Eve? (Australian Travellers)

4 Answers Dec 21, 2013 at 7:37 PM
    • elingml's Profile Photo

KTM weather in Nov

by elingml Online Now Nov 9, 2013 at 12:12 AM

Is KTM weather now varies widely for the day & night? Do I need thermal wear for next week arrival?

6 Answers Nov 14, 2013 at 7:39 AM
    • Organise international travel in Kathmandu

by JonoJ Online Now Oct 21, 2013 at 1:26 AM

Is there a local travel agent in Kathmandu that can organise international travel?

5 Answers Oct 22, 2013 at 6:07 AM
    • photography shops in kathmandu

by mickkie Online Now Oct 11, 2013 at 11:22 PM

is there any photography shops in kathmandu that do 35 mm printing and scanning. i wish to take 35 mm shots there and would like to have them scanned while in nepal. my email is mickbar_2000@yahoo.com.au. thank you

1 Answer Oct 15, 2013 at 1:56 AM
    • Bus to Gaya

by ricojimi Online Now Oct 6, 2013 at 5:39 AM

Wher can i book a bus to gaya from katmandu ?
      Thanks

2 Answers Oct 6, 2013 at 9:56 AM
    • AadityaSindhu's Profile Photo

Hiking shoes/Boots to buy in Nepal

by AadityaSindhu Online Now Sep 22, 2013 at 7:35 AM

Hi everyone. I have heard that there is a REAL North Face Outlet in Thamel? Is it right? I mean it provides all real stuff?
      Actually I am planning to do Annapurna Base Camp trek this october and hence I need a shoe. And what other options (brands) are available in nepal?
      Thanks

6 Answers Jan 22, 2014 at 6:18 AM
    • Should I book my hotel before I arrive in Kathmandu?

by Ciaran87 Online Now Sep 19, 2013 at 6:06 AM

I land in Kathmandu on the 4th October, should be flying to Lukla on the 6th so I need two nights in Kathmandu. I will have two days (hopefully) on my return from Lukla before I leave so I need two further nights three weeks later. Should I book the hotel before hand or can I just book on arrival? And do I need to book the hotel for my further two nights or can this be done before I leave for Lukla?

Thanks
      Ciaran

5 Answers Jan 22, 2014 at 6:18 AM
    • vpas's Profile Photo

Where to buy the following?

by vpas Online Now Aug 12, 2013 at 7:56 AM

Where to buy cheap wool? I need it for craft work, both woolen threads and plain wool.
      Where to get handmade paper or lokta paper at reasonable rates? I need this also for craft work.

2 Answers Aug 12, 2013 at 8:56 AM
    • vpas's Profile Photo

Indian currency in Nepal

by vpas Online Now Aug 12, 2013 at 7:48 AM

Will Indian currency be accepted in Nepal while shopping? If so what is the exchange rate? Would it be lower than the official rate or would it be the same? Which is the best place to change Indian currency into local Nepalese rupees?
      Thank you for your time,
      Seetha

10 Answers Jan 24, 2014 at 2:16 AM
    • XtravelloverX's Profile Photo

Delhi to Kathmandu for 1 Night

by XtravelloverX Online Now Jul 25, 2013 at 3:31 PM

Has anyone flown from Delhi to Kathmandu for one night? I don't know when I'll be back to this region and would like to pop over to Nepal even for just one night.

5 Answers Jul 26, 2013 at 10:59 AM
    • vpas's Profile Photo

weather in 3 rd week of August

by vpas Online Now Jul 22, 2013 at 5:01 AM

I have been checking on likely temperatures online in Kathmandu during the 3 rd week of August. But I just want to reconfirm with experts ... temperatures between 20 to 24 degrees C, is that right? I will be in Chapali area, would it be raining?

2 Answers Jul 26, 2013 at 12:45 AM
    • vpas's Profile Photo

Vt meet in the 3rd week of August?

by vpas Online Now Jul 21, 2013 at 3:14 AM

Would anyone wish to meet me in Kathmandu in the 3rd week of August? I would be there on work, so would be busy till 4.30 in the evening. Would anyone like to meet up one day in Kathmandu. I will be staying in Chapali area. I will be free on Saturday for sure the whole day.
      Looking forward,
      Seetha

4 Answers Jul 21, 2013 at 2:36 PM