change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Travelshoe's Profile Photo

What to do in Kathmandu, and best way to see everest

by Travelshoe Online Now Dec 10, 2014 at 7:31 AM

Hi, will be in Kathmandu from the 16th to the 26th of January, plan to take a small trip to at least see Mount Everest. How fit do I need to be, to be able to do the Base Camp trekking? whats your best recommendation and how soon can I finish Base Camp trekking. Travelling solo...so anyone there at those dates?

more
    • Travelshoe's Profile Photo

What to do in Kathmandu, and best way to see everest

by Travelshoe Online Now Dec 10, 2014 at 7:31 AM

Hi, will be in Kathmandu from the 16th to the 26th of January, plan to take a small trip to at least see Mount Everest. How fit do I need to be, to be able to do the Base Camp trekking? whats your best recommendation and how soon can I finish Base Camp trekking. Travelling solo...so anyone there at those dates?

3 Answers Dec 15, 2014 at 2:57 AM
    • ranjansahu's Profile Photo

Hotels / Guest House in Kathmandu

by ranjansahu Online Now Nov 13, 2014 at 11:09 PM

I will be travelling to Nepal on 22 Nov 2014. Can anyone suggest good accomodation in Thamel having some experience?

7 Answers Nov 19, 2014 at 3:42 AM
    • tjsharp's Profile Photo

Meet & greet in Thamel

by tjsharp Online Now Oct 19, 2014 at 1:25 AM

Hey Guys just wondering if anyone here is going to be in Nepal Thamel from 9/12 this year would love to met some fellow travellers!

Have a beer & explore the party life of Nepal. Or join in a canyoning trip!

4 Answers Dec 1, 2014 at 6:54 AM
    • NEPAL TOURIST VISA FOR PAKISTAN CITIZEN

by hamoody_ned Online Now Oct 11, 2014 at 7:08 PM

Are Pakistan citizen eligible for free "gratis visa" as it is one of the member under the SAARC.
      what are the procedure of "gratis visa" as in once i land in airport do i have to fill up any forms like "visa on arrival form" .

2 Answers Oct 11, 2014 at 10:20 PM
    • Where to buy ultra-pasteurized Cream?

by Duin Online Now Oct 11, 2014 at 7:26 AM

Is it possible to buy ultra-pasteurized (long life) milk and cream, and if so, where? I suspect that ultra-pasturized milk is likely to be available somewhere, but cream? If so, can you be specific where it is sold in Kathmandu or Bhaktpur.

• Kathmandu city guide recommendations

by readysetgone Online Now Oct 6, 2014 at 7:16 PM

I'll be in Kathmandu for two to three days before heading to Chitwan. Any suggestions on what not to miss? I'd especially like recommendations for a tour guide.

8 Answers Oct 21, 2014 at 9:02 AM
    • 1st Time to Kathmandu

by DailyRead Online Now Sep 26, 2014 at 7:37 AM

Hi everyone. How is the weather in KTM early November? I'm from Malaysia and its pretty hot throughout the year and this is my 1st time to KTM. They say its cold. What kind of clothing should I bring?

2 Answers Sep 26, 2014 at 4:52 PM
    • Budget Hotel

by MADHI Online Now Sep 15, 2014 at 6:16 AM

Anybody know of any clean budget hotel near or on Hotel Marg,Lazimpat,Nepal.
      Please let me know.
      Madhi

6 Answers Sep 17, 2014 at 2:22 AM
    • Annapurna Lodge Freak streat

by NadineNektarine Online Now Sep 9, 2014 at 8:24 AM

I like to book a room at the annapurna lodge in kathmandu, but i didnt found any adress at the Internet to contact the lodge. Can anybody help please? I need the room at the 23th of september. Thank you!

2 Answers Sep 10, 2014 at 2:35 AM
    • Budget hotel

by MADHI Online Now Sep 9, 2014 at 6:52 AM

Not sure if my first mail went through. Looking for a clean budget hotel with basics in Kathmandu from 6th Oct. for 2 nights.
      Appreciate if you can assist.
      madhi15@gmail.com

3 Answers Sep 25, 2014 at 12:29 PM
    • J.I.M's Profile Photo

Is it safe to get an Indian visa via a travel agency?

by J.I.M Online Now Aug 28, 2014 at 6:03 AM

Hi there. My wife and I just arrived in Kathmandu today and are looking forward to exploring Nepal. First though, we want to secure an Indian visa. We've read guides about getting it at the Indian embassy, which sounds like a headache but we're willing to do what we have to do. However, some of the hotel travel agencies we've spoken to say they can get the visa for us, which would cost the same as doing it ourselves but with an added 30 dollars on top. We're willing to pay the extra money if it's legit and saves the hassle, but does anyone here know if it's a good idea? We've heard of lots of scam travel agencies in India ripping tourists off, but we're not sure if Nepal has the same problem.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks very much!

2 Answers Sep 1, 2014 at 3:38 AM
    • shopping trip

by paulaplenderleith Online Now Aug 25, 2014 at 8:36 AM

going on shopping trip for Nepalese artifacts ie, singing bowls, malas, bells etc where is the best wholesale place to buy

2 Answers Aug 25, 2014 at 9:42 PM
    • anilpradhanshillong's Profile Photo

Comfortable 3-star hotel

by anilpradhanshillong Online Now Jul 17, 2014 at 5:30 AM

Please advice a good, comfortable 3-starrish hotel at Kathmandu you have experienced. Am a bit confused.

Thank You!

7 Answers Nov 20, 2014 at 8:41 PM
    • School supplies

by caribkay Online Now Jul 8, 2014 at 4:54 AM

My husband and I will be travelling to Nepal in September and we wanted to donate school supplies (books, pens, pencils, art and craft etc) to a school there. Is it possible to buy these items in Nepal and not have to travel with them?

Thanks

5 Answers Jul 25, 2014 at 3:42 AM
    • weather advice for july visit

by prabhat010179 Online Now Jun 26, 2014 at 1:45 PM

hi..i am from new delhi...i am planning to visit kathmandu and nagarkot with my wife...from 4th july,2014 to 8th july,2014....please inform me about the weather conditions during this period. since its monsoon season is it worth to visit kathmandu and nagarkot.
      P.K.

2 Answers Jun 28, 2014 at 9:26 PM
    • prasana's Profile Photo

prasanadawadi

by prasana Online Now Jun 25, 2014 at 7:10 AM

i have to write a brief summary on bhaktapur can anybody help me please?

4 Answers Jun 25, 2014 at 11:40 AM
    • prasana's Profile Photo

bhaktapur brief summmary

by prasana Online Now Jun 25, 2014 at 7:08 AM

have you gone to bhaktapur nepal

4 Answers Jun 25, 2014 at 11:40 PM
    • Induc's Profile Photo

Everest flight

by Induc Online Now Jun 20, 2014 at 4:39 AM

Hi,

Me and my husband are visiting Nepal in Oct 2014. We would like to have Mountain flight.

1. Which Airline goes closer to Mt Everest and has better views.
      2. Which side seats are preferable. Left side or Right side.
      3. Is it better to book in advance or purchase ticket after arrival

Induc

8 Answers Jun 28, 2014 at 9:26 PM
    • Stollie29's Profile Photo

Everest views

by Stollie29 Online Now May 13, 2014 at 2:26 PM

Hi We are two couples in our 70s and are in Kathmandu for 5 nights and would like to spend a night some where to be able to view Everest and the Himalayans range. Is there a town close to them which is easy to get to.
      Many Thanks.

5 Answers Jun 3, 2014 at 11:51 PM
    • Regarding Cab services

by oneiro4u Online Now May 4, 2014 at 9:53 AM

Which are the best authorized cab services or tour agencies, which can be trusted?

2 Answers May 23, 2014 at 11:22 AM
    • Travel to Kathmandu

by oneiro4u Online Now May 3, 2014 at 12:37 AM

Hi ..I am planning to travel to kathmandu from newdelhi on july13th to 15th to celebrate my wedding anniversary.This is my first time visit to nepal.So pls advice on these things.

Best places to visit as we both love adventure activities and greenary
      Best place to shop and best hangouts for night life

Moreover is it worth to take a mountain flight

2 Answers May 31, 2014 at 3:30 AM
    • Travel to Kathmandu

by oneiro4u Online Now May 3, 2014 at 12:02 AM

Hi..I am travelling to kathmandu from delhi in the on 13th -15th July to celebrate my wedding anniversary there..Which are the ideal places to visit there..Best places to go for shopping...Best places to visit for greenary and moreover best nightlife hangouts...Further is it worth going for mountain flight from kathmandu

3 Answers May 3, 2014 at 6:35 AM
    • vinod-bhojak's Profile Photo

Most important things to see in three days

by vinod-bhojak Online Now Apr 30, 2014 at 4:32 AM

I am catching plane from Delhi and arrive Kathamandu on 5th of May and going to stay for three days than go to Pohkhara my question is that which is most important things to see in three days in Kathamandu.

7 Answers May 12, 2014 at 1:04 PM
    • doing volunteer.

by Jommy Online Now Apr 15, 2014 at 8:21 AM

how to volunteer in kathmandu?

2 Answers May 30, 2014 at 9:51 AM
    • weather in march

by laney52 Online Now Apr 1, 2014 at 1:28 PM

when is the best time to visit

15 Answers May 12, 2014 at 1:04 PM
    • Charliesangels's Profile Photo

Where should I go between my flights to Paro from Kathmandu?

by Charliesangels Online Now Mar 31, 2014 at 3:51 AM

I will be going to Paro in end April. My flight is from Hong Kong arriving to Kathmandu at 22:00, but then my next flight to Paro is the next day at 0925. It's approx 10 hours in between so I hesitate to book a hotel just for that, as well to pay the Nepal visa just for few hours.
      Would that be safe to stay in the airport overnight? Or I have the access to get in to the Kathmandu airport lounge, would they be opened until the next morning?

4 Answers May 12, 2014 at 1:04 PM
    • satellite phone

by marksale Online Now Mar 22, 2014 at 4:57 AM

What are the satellite phone option, going to Everest base camp, interested in renting, either there or rent in US and take it along. Any company have more consistent service?
      thanks

4 Answers Mar 23, 2014 at 3:10 PM
    • limkahwan's Profile Photo

First Trip

by limkahwan Online Now Mar 14, 2014 at 5:48 AM

I'm planning to visit this city. Need more info. I'm a backpacker, love to see their culture, history, foods and adventure into other towns as well that are worth to visit. Any recommendation on place to stay, foods not to missed, transport too. And not to missed the must see places. Thanks in advance.

5 Answers May 12, 2014 at 1:04 PM
    • Your everest trek backpack weight

by 60103guy Online Now Feb 26, 2014 at 7:22 PM

Just wondering, for those of you that treked to Everest Base Camp, how heavy was your backpack which you carried?
      I'm going solo, no porter and my backpack is 35 lbs (U.S. Pounds).
      That includes: tent, sleeping bag , some food, stove, clothes, Nikon D7000, sleeping pad, and other things.

Thanks for your reply.

2 Answers Feb 27, 2014 at 5:02 AM
    • chriskeith's Profile Photo

Langtang valley trek

by chriskeith Online Now Feb 21, 2014 at 7:20 PM

We would like to do the Langtang Valley trek has anyone been on the trek and used a good local company that's not too expensive we are 4 and would like to stay in not too expensive accommodation we have booked 3 nights in kathmandu and would like to travel to langtang after the 16th march 2014.
      Elizabeth

4 Answers Mar 15, 2014 at 5:24 PM