Kathmandu Travel Answers

change location

Dolls dressed in costumes from Nepal

by Littlered415 Online Now Oct 15, 2010 at 9:53 AM

We will be in Katmandu for three days in February. I collect dolls from the countries I visit. Are there any stores in Katmandu that carry a selection of these kinds of dolls? Which areas of Katmandu would you sugguest might carry the dolls? We will be on a tour and won't have much free time.

Also, has anyone bought jewelry in Nepal? I read that you can't take jewelry out of Nepal. I don't know if that is only for U.S. citizens or for everybody. I would like to get a small piece of silver or gold Nepal jewelry. I know we have an embargo on products from Burma, but I didn't know we had an embargo on Nepal jewelry. Where are the best plces to shop for jewelry in Katmandu?

Thanks

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • thapaliya's Profile Photo

Re: Dolls dressed in costumes from Nepal

by thapaliya Online Now Oct 16, 2010 at 7:21 AM

Hello,
    I am Not sure for the Doll store in Kathmandu.Also i dotn understand what kinds of doll you want to buy from here?? Fo rthe silver Jewelry In town Thamel there are many shops . some of them they are Manufacture and Wholesaler you can visit thamel town. I do Also some time Hand Hade Silver Jewelry from nepal to Overses. I use one small shops in Thamel that call.Creatyve Jewelry
    Please visit
    www.creativejewelries.com
    There you found only some product . then you can contract them direct what they can offer for you....

they are friendly and nice people that i can feel. His name is Krishna.

Hope its help to you some...
    Namaste!!!!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines